Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 174

Thread: 9/26/15 AH Warning when buying AoM Primals

  1. #1

    Exclamation 9/26/15 AH Warning when buying AoM Primals

    Hey all,

    I posted this w/ a different request in the AH forum, but wanted to send a big flag up for the community:

    AoM Primals are trading close to 1100 platinum. Someone is selling them at 1111 with a buyout of 11111.

    I fell for it, and am gutted as a result. I don't want to start a debate on the practice, but note that as soon as it happened, the person posted another pack within the minute at the same 1111/11111 rate.

    Side note, what, if any, debates have there been on putting commas into the AH figures?

    * one quick note, I understand why many people's reaction is 'if they have that much plat in their account let them fall for it'. I ask you to rethink that impulse though, I was upset for about a half an hour about this and I am now over it, still hoewever: realize everyone's situation is different, I had front loaded a solid 75% of my game and relaxing funds for about a year (that includes movies, etc.) on this last platinum push.

    ** another quick note, while not direct reference I know Hex is aware of it and I'm sure they will seek to remedy the problem as a whole (either with commas, or kangaroos, or what-have-you). I'm pretty sure they can't just slap commas in there and call it a day though. Also: wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and support, ya'll are really quite awesome. Hugs and kisses go out all over to you folks.

    *** Update update update. You guys are crazy awesome. I've been getting gifts from people and it's really made me realize that these negative sellers/players are in a small minority of the playbase. There is no other online community this big I have seen that is so relentlessly kind and empathetic. I'm all set on the gifts at this point, and a call out goes to TJ, Kami and CZE who managed to take a difficult week (not due to this sale, just in general) and made it something really positive. I love all of you crazy people.
    Last edited by fido_one; 09-27-2015 at 10:21 AM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamAoE2 View Post
    These types of scammers need to be purged from the game. Sorry for your bad luck fido.
    Yeah, it meant a lot to me, my last investment in Hex in a while due to financial hardship. Still, can't get too upset as there are much worse things going on in the world. My frustration is actually that I remember a debate on this where CZE weighed in and I can't find it because the search function leaves something to be desired* (they all do though, and I'm happy for CZE to focus on other things than forum searches). If someone can find that thread for me where they weighed in it would relieve some anxiety either way.
    Last edited by fido_one; 09-26-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: * Actually MY ability to search for threads leaves something to be desired, I shouldn't blame the software here...

  4. #4
    Wow, thanks for the heads up. It sucks that they got you

  5. #5
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post501062
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post501104

    These might be what you are looking for, I personally agree with the devs that it is entirely your responsibility.
    IGN: rwnkrs

  6. #6
    fro most of community its not a deal, who has 11k plat/ i know some poeple do but not t that many
    Proud Champion tier backer

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rwn View Post
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post501062
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post501104

    These might be what you are looking for, I personally agree with the devs that it is entirely your responsibility.
    Thanks rwn! I was more stressed out knowing there was an answer out there and having to wait until Monday for support to respond.

    Every fiber in my being wants to disagree with you as this just happened to me about 20 minutes ago, but I agree with the devs and you. Buyer beware and all of that.

    Still, I'd love to hear why we don't have commas in the auction house or some other equivalent. That sounds like I'm pissed but I'm not, it didn't even occur to me why they would be so important until this happened. I'd love to hear a 'we plan on putting them in at some point' or 'this is why we decided not to have them' or help me find a thread I missed on the subject.

    rwn, thanks again, that relieved most of my stress on the matter. What were your search terms can I ask?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    fro most of community its not a deal, who has 11k plat/ i know some poeple do but not t that many
    This is most of my 2015 budget for Hex and all of my 2016 (I got 20000 plat total) at the moment unless I get a cash flow into my startup 1 year before I have projected (heh!). I had to buy it in one lump sum for a variety of reasons that are just too boring to list. If I have to sell my house than, yeah, I'll throw in a couple extra 20k plat self gifts; I'm trying to not make that happen though.

    I am a GK backer, etc. so I can't be too upset. This is definitely a first world problem issue. Still, it's a relative thing, Hex has become a very important refuge for me, a second only to my two mutts (which I have only half the time I'm afraid... but I'll always have you Hex! Always! *creepy stare*). But with the GK benefits and the remaining plat, I'm still sitting pretty until PvE comes out, yadayadayada..

    I know I'm sounding like I'm complaining about getting sucked into it, and I am a little bit, but I'm frustrated at myself first and foremost and wanted to flag it to the community in that really, this is a very easy one to fall for given the present AoM primal prices.
    Last edited by fido_one; 09-26-2015 at 09:33 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    Thanks rwn! I was more stressed out knowing there was an answer out there and having to wait until Monday for support to respond.

    Every fiber in my being wants to disagree with you as this just happened to me about 20 minutes ago, but I agree with the devs and you. Buyer beware and all of that.

    Still, I'd love to hear why we don't have commas in the auction house or some other equivalent. That sounds like I'm pissed but I'm not, it didn't even occur to me why they would be so important until this happened. I'd love to hear a 'we plan on putting them in at some point' or 'this is why we decided not to have them' or help me find a thread I missed on the subject.

    rwn, thanks again, that relieved most of my stress on the matter. What were your search terms can I ask?
    Since the search results are ordered in chronological order I just wanted to search "auction house" since I remembered like you that there was a thread about this not long ago. Actually what made me found it was a typo, I searched for "action house" and didn't notice it until I already got the thread and now that I checked it searching for "auction house" doesn't bring it up.
    IGN: rwnkrs

  10. #10
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    I'd love to hear why we don't have commas in the auction house or some other equivalent.
    Agree. Seems like a rather simple template update. Wouldn't hurt to use fixed-width font either, at least for pricing UI.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •