Thread: Cyclone Shaman prophesied troop bug

Cyclone Shaman prophesied troop bug

This works:
    Play the prophesied troop
    Kill the prophesied troop
    Play sudden awakening targeting the prophesied troop
    Excluding sudden awakening, have an action in the graveyard (eg. arcane focus)
    Target sudden awakening to bring it back into your hand

This is bugged:
    Play the prophesied troop
    Kill the prophesied troop
    Play sudden awakening targeting the prophesied troop
    Excluding sudden awakening, have 0 actions in the graveyard
    Cannot target sudden awakening to bring back into your hand

The bug here is actually with the first scenario. The game should be asking you to select a target for the prophesied power as the power is put onto the chain. The bug is causing the power to not ask for targets until it resolves. If it was working properly, then the Sudden Awakening wouldn't be in the graveyard at the time targets are being asked for, and wouldn't be a valid target.

The reason for the different behavior in the second scenario is that when the power triggers it sees that there are no valid targets, and for that reason it's never actually put onto the chain, and thus doesn't resolve.

I guess that's consistent.

So actions don't go to the graveyard until all their triggered effects finish resolving?

I guess I'm confused about an action that still is on the chain, but not visible on the chain in the UI because it's in the process of resolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    So actions don't go to the graveyard until all their triggered effects finish resolving?

I guess I'm confused about an action that still is on the chain, but not visible on the chain in the UI because it's in the process of resolving.
    Ah. I misunderstood the scenario. I see the problem now.

Yes, you are absolutely right. A Cyclone-Shaman-prophesied troop in the graveyard should be able to target the Sudden Awakening used to return it to play, regardless of whether there are other valid targets currently in your graveyard.

The triggered power isn't added to the chain in the middle of another resolution, so the target shouldn't be chosen until Sudden Awakening is fully resolved and in the graveyard. The fact that the power is apparently not being put on the chain in this scenario is a bug, and I will make sure we begin tracking it.

Thank you for your report. And thank you for continuing to ask questions when my initial response wasn't clear.