Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HEX invitational sleeves discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    This might be the point where I stop caring about sleeves. I had no interest in the qualifiers and seeing all the sleeves I'll never get (I was okay with the higher tier Kickstarter ones) makes me care less about trying to collect them all.
    The exalted sleeves made it hard for me to care, but I think I finally broke around the time we got the chest sleeves + the storm king sleeves, and it was just too much of a monetary investment for purely visual items. I'll keep going for the ones I can slowly earn, but otherwise, I am not bothering to break the back.

And I was doing so well before that, so its a real shame.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Sleeves better than these have to exist before I can care about more sleeves. That or my option for eclectic sleeve presentation where every card in the deck has a different random sleeve back from all of the options available to me.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

I was thinking, with the digital nature of the game and everything, it's a shame to even have to have separate sleeves for each level. What would be neat, would be if everyone who participated in the event got a single sleeve, but that sleeve was updated on an account level based on your performance.

Only competed in a single IQ and didn't place? Your sleeve is the normal silver sleeve, and says participant. Placed top 64? It's updated to gold (or green!) automatically, replacing the old sleeve, and shows Top 64. Made it to the finals? Congrats, your one sleeve now becomes blue, and says Finalist. Won the whole damn thing? Your sleeve is red, and says Champion on it. No need to have 4 sleeves in your account - let's be honest, if you win, there's no way in hell you're ever going to play with the "participant" sleeves anyway.

Why not go a step further, and have the sleeves show a couple of stats, so you can brag. Did you participate in all 12 IQs? Then times entered = 12. Placed top 64 nine times? That's on there too. You're a finalist? What place did you end up with? Put that on there too.

This way, everyone has the same "pattern" of sleeve, but the individual player has a unique look and statistics based on their actual performance. This will make it feel more special, and avoids having sleeves you're never use sitting in your account, too.

Just because we could never do this in a physical game, doesn't mean we can't here. This kind of update would unlock all kinds of cool potential things for the future, too.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    I was thinking, with the digital nature of the game and everything, it's a shame to even have to have separate sleeves for each level. What would be neat, would be if everyone who participated in the event got a single sleeve, but that sleeve was updated on an account level based on your performance.

Only competed in a single IQ and didn't place? Your sleeve is the normal silver sleeve, and says participant. Placed top 64? It's updated to gold (or green!) automatically, replacing the old sleeve, and shows Top 64. Made it to the finals? Congrats, your one sleeve now becomes blue, and says Finalist. Won the whole damn thing? Your sleeve is red, and says Champion on it. No need to have 4 sleeves in your account - let's be honest, if you win, there's no way in hell you're ever going to play with the "participant" sleeves anyway.

Why not go a step further, and have the sleeves show a couple of stats, so you can brag. Did you participate in all 12 IQs? Then times entered = 12. Placed top 64 nine times? That's on there too. You're a finalist? What place did you end up with? Put that on there too.

This way, everyone has the same "pattern" of sleeve, but the individual player has a unique look and statistics based on their actual performance. This will make it feel more special, and avoids having sleeves you're never use sitting in your account, too.

Just because we could never do this in a physical game, doesn't mean we can't here. This kind of update would unlock all kinds of cool potential things for the future, too.
    Absolutely not, I doubt there is much chance of me winning, so it's fairly irrelevant, but the silver participant sleeves are the best looking of the bunch in my opinion. I do have hopes of hitting top 64in one of the IQs, but the only time i would use that sleeve is if someone asked to see it, as far as appearance I find it to be a serious downgrade. The invitational and winner sleeves are far nicer in my opinion than the top 64, but still not as nice looking as the silver.

Actually looking at them all again, for me it goes from nicest to least attractive, silver, blue, red, gold. Basically even if the gods of luck decide to conspire to have me win the whole thing, the only sleeves I would make general use of would be the participant sleeves. Though I admit I might be tempted to use the winner sleeves in competitive events for the psychological factor.

Edited because i forgot to add, I do really like the stats idea, even if it was just a number in the corner indicating how many times you had 'earned' the sleeve. That would be cool on all kinds of earned sleeves, though some people might lose it if they saw someone with an Uruunaz count of 5+.
    Last edited by Halsey; 10-12-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post

I think something like this could be cool, but likely takes the same programming as the double backs to track/automatically update.

Maybe someday.

I think making the top 12 gold on black instead of silver on black would have been interesting or at least for the winner but im not deeply invested in the opinion and like the general clean look of them all.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.