Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    http://cryptozoic.com/blogs/watchmen...pack-4-preview

It's up and chalked full of great info. Thanks to Crypto for getting this out before release.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Well, that looks just as utterly amazing as I hoped it would.

Seems interesting. I'll definitely be picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by unLimitedEnds View Post
    If I pre-order will I receive it before Christmas? Or would it ship after the holidays?
    The shipping confirmation on the my pre-order estimates a Christmas Eve delivery via USPS.

Picked up Watchmen yesterday! Looks awesome! Can't wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    Picked up Watchmen yesterday! Looks awesome! Can't wait to try it!
    My pre-order copy arrived in the mail yesterday. We can't wait as well!

So does Duplication mean you play the card three times? And what does one do with Disintegration if you aren't playing the Watchmen scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    So does Duplication mean you play the card three times? And what does one do with Disintegration if you aren't playing the Watchmen scenario?
    Yes on Duplication.
    Disintegration won't do much if you aren't playing Watchmen style. Or ask another player if they are Loyal and see what they say...
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So now that I've seen a copy of the game, I thought it might be fun to see how accurate my guess was three months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GuruGuru214 View Post
    My guess would be that the Challenges, etc. take the place of the Super-Villain deck, and the Hidden Roles are distributed with the oversized Super Heroes to determine the traitor.
    So far so good, other than the hidden roles being called Loyalty cards and the Mastermind Plots being passed out with them.

At this point, I'm interested to see if the Challenges/Mastermind Plots/Villainous Machinations are going to be their own stack with a currently unknown trigger, or if they're going to be shuffled into the Main Deck. My guess would be that they'll function similar to a Crisis stack, with certain triggers for clearing Challenges (taking the role of defeating the Super-Villain, though likely with a condition more like beating a Crisis), ... and some sort of escalation of the game if the Mastermind Plot is triggered (not unlike playing under a Crisis).
    Pretty decent, though I misattributed the Crisis-like effect to the Mastermind Plot and not the Challenge, and totally missed the Mastermind Plot giving additional power to the traitor instead of directly punishing the loyal players. And in hindsight, the Challenges/Mastermind Plots/Villainous Machinations being one deck/stack sounds kind of silly. Probably had that idea tainted by my slight exposure to Marvel Legendary.

...likely certain triggers for the Villainous Machinations that unleash some sort of attack (in place of a First Appearance)...
    Sort of. The First Appearance-type punishment is more attached to the Challenge conditions, though the Villainous Machinations do trigger a punishment in the form of the Mastermind Plot going into play.

This is all a total shot in the dark, though. I really hadn't thought about it in that much detail before and made most of that up as I was typing it, so it'll be interesting to see how much I got right.
    Well, I was right about that part.

As it is, I'm not even certain that "Hidden Roles", "Villainous Machinations", "Mastermind Plots", and "Challenges" are actual separate card types and not just buzz words referring to some sort of singular "challenge deck" or something that fills all those roles.
    To be fair, this really wasn't the way I was leaning at all. I just was acknowledging that I might be making bad assumptions, though Hidden Roles ended up being more the game mode, with the fourth deck being Loyalty in the released game.

Also, it's interesting to note that the little bits of cards seen in the preview image would indicate that at least part of this set's mechanic involves the top card of each deck. It appears that Rorschach lets you play the top card of other players' decks, while what little I can see of Nite Owl and Silk Spectre looks like they'll be able to stack the tops of their decks.
    Well, I totally chased the wrong lead on that one. As much destruction as Watchmen has, the idea of playing it with Forever Evil is a bit terrifying.

Overall, I didn't do too bad. And even as close as I was, the finished product looks even better than I could've imagined. Can't wait to get to try it out later today!