Thread: Hexing gems have a corrupting and unstable nature... but..?

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA

Hexing gems have a corrupting and unstable nature... but..?

If you were to arrange gems of the same size an equal distance apart, would it counteract this and make it more safe if you used all of them at once, perhaps in a circular casting fashion (see: wild root dancer art)? I was thinking of crowns and how the gems are symmetrical in alignment on them.
    Last edited by KingGabriel; 10-17-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Like alchemy circles from FMA?
    Interesting. Need more info.

The Transcended
    Where did you see that they are corrupting and unstable?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Where did you see that they are corrupting and unstable?
    Possibly from the dragons - but that requires hoarding them in incredible amounts, seemingly even more than the Cloisters large collection. I get the feeling that the corruption couldn't be caused by just 1 or 2 unless they were constantly being used/drained somehow.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    Ruby gems in particular are highly volatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I get the feeling that the corruption couldn't be caused by just 1 or 2 unless they were constantly being used/drained somehow.
    We're at war and they're a limited resource - can't have too many people able to use them properly, so I would expect desperate times lead to desperate measures. It's more about using a massive quantity at once though.

Master Theorycrafter
    I would say that all of Hex's magic, whether it be Gem or Wild and Blood, can be corruptive in nature if used in large amounts. Some dragons mutated after hording large amounts of gems, elves (particularly clerics it seems) slowly gain more satyr like qualities from channeling Wild magic, and blood magic rituals are known to effect the Shin'hare in interesting and "unusual" ways.

Though, we do need more information on just how corruptive they can be and if they're any ways to protect again said corruption. We have clear examples of (what use to be) beings living around a huge chunk of Hex, Volosolov, without any side effects in the form of the Necrotic's human shells. It could be possibly that the Necrotic actively protect against it with some form of subtle diamond magic from the shards holding their consciousness, or that dead bodies are somehow not effective at all by it, but being around such a huge source of magical energy would have some effect if the corruptive agent was persistent.

Corrupting vs empowering is subjective.