Thread: PVE Ito And Shin'Hare

High Tomb Lord

PVE Ito And Shin'Hare

Shin'Hare have always been evil lil bastards that want one thing total enslavement of every race on Entrath. I suspect their 'death is a minor detail' lifestyle has always existed and they maybe used Wild magic to breed well enough. (or given their culture they just have so many Concubunnies it worked most likely both) but two things created them into the faction they are today.

1: The ascension of Exalted Emperor Ito.
    2: His ravenous acceptance of Blood magic teachings.

From what lore has told us Ito has been 'alive' for possibly 200 years making him the longest non elf non Necrotic ever to live. Which in itself is unnatural as hell and Vennen for some reason gave Ito the offer to learn Blood Magic(why we or I don't know) It appears Ito corrupted all of Shin'Hare society into the form of ultimate depravity making them even more morally depraved then they used to be.

1: Caverns of nothing but babies created by unnatural pregnancies.
    2: Fusion of Wild and Blood magic has created inhuman and unnatural pregnecies resulting in a single concubuny making possibly 400 babies a term. (rabbits breed fast as heck anyway and with Wild magic Shin'Hare bred at impossible rates but now with Blood and Wild they breed at impossible rates even with Wild alone)
    3: Their society with the discovery of Blood has turned into an unholy mess of profane rituals the likes are too graphic to detail.
    4: Shin'Hare lives have even less value then previously imagined. What with babies now being bred for the sheer purpose of Blood sacrifice rituals the Shin'Hare know no moral restraints whatsoever. Mages even have bands of minions specifically to kill for spells mid battle no less.
    5: Death means absolutely nothing to them. Yazukan has created a maniacal following of warlocks who have such mastery of Blood and Wild magic they fear nothing. (Several Yazukan cards show as much)
    6: Ito and Yazukan are seemingly attempting to become gods as I see Yazukan the real brains of everything and it's rumored he is older then Ito hinting at the fact he knew Blood magic before Vennen revealed it.
    7: The enslavement of the Shroomkin has created unholy rituals with them(Cooking soup in their skull and chopping them up while their alive is the ultimate form of sadism) and quite possibly they might revolt forcing Underworld to help them from their own mistakes (That summons 5 jailers thing for example)

It appears Ito and Yazukan might be raid bosses or bosses of at least a dungeon. (The Pyramid and Spirit of Harmony post in Set 3's lore hint they will be heavily involved in a Shin'Hare story arc) Yazukan might be so far gone he's a lich and is a skeletal Shin'Hare and has all kinds of unholy magic at his command making despite his 3 foot size an extremely capable boss/raid boss. Also with Monsuun planning an assination of Ito Ito might be a boss himself or the events lead up to a boss fight with Ito or Monsuun should you ally with Monsuun. This choice might heavily affect what Shin'Hare cards the player can earn after this fight been settled. What with Ito dead any number of things might happen and extreme shifts in culture might happen.

There is also a Shroom rebellion to consider if a war between Shroom and Shin'Hare break out the amount of damage it'll do to the Shin will be astronomical and god knows what'll happen after that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Some good stuff here. I like the idea of the shin'hare getting pushed around so much, and now they're desperate and jumping off the deep end. There's not too much I can add, but I don't think the Shroomkin will ever revolt. They don't have any organization or infrastructure that we know of.

The most that can happen is as you pointed out, a lone shroom goes berzerk and smashes a couple of bunnies. With how worthless a handful of shin'hare are that wouldn't really do anything.
    Last edited by RCDv57; 10-18-2015 at 07:36 AM.

High Tomb Lord
    Actually that's not true there is some evidence that Shroomkin might rebel (that shroomkin gang in the merc section) Also that abomination not the only homicidal shroom running amok. (Shroomwocky)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Master Theorycrafter
    I've been thinking along these lines as well. As you mentions, it's hard not to think of dungeon or raiding possibilities when we have a know Evil Ruler + Place of Future Residence. I can't really imagine what Ito would look like now though. Even by just being in close proximity, his lackeys have grown in power and possibly size (if their att/def is any indication), and Ito has been subject to these rituals for 100+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by RCDv57 View Post
    There's not too much I can add, but I don't think the Shroomkin will ever revolt. They don't have any organization or infrastructure that we know of.

The most that can happen is as you pointed out, a lone shroom goes berzerk and smashes a couple of bunnies. With how worthless a handful of shin'hare are that wouldn't really do anything.
    The Shroomkin really don't much, if any, infrastructure if there is every a revolt. They can easily absorb nutrients from the ground or decomposing materials (possible dead Shin'hare included) since they're a fungus race, so food won't be a problem, and their weapons world mostly be the toxins and poisonous fungi they already produce naturally (Stinkhorn Soup, Lethal Weapons, and Death Cap).

It also helps that some Shroomkin can be or turned into extremely lethal biological weapons, as seen in Noxious Glory and its AA.
    "Shroomkin occasionally explode, spreading airborne toxic spores to nearby biological creatures. Nobody knows why this happens."
    "We are not going to describe the smell of a Shroomkin belch to you. Nobody deserves that."
    The only thing really stopping them from fighting back is their passivity, and as you said they really don't have much of any type of ruling/governing organization. That sort of problem can easily be rectified with the creation of a unique intelligent Shroomkin character though.