Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Decklist Datafeed: published decks for constructed tournaments

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I think this might have a negative impact for newer players feeling embarrassed of their results and lists published but I do like the additional potential to analyse the field and penetration of decks into the money slots.
    Isn't it only the "winning" lists that get published?

Also my theory is that if you play in a public tourney your deck list is now open

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Werlix View Post
    Isn't it only the "winning" lists that get published?

Also my theory is that if you play in a public tourney your deck list is now open
    currently yes only the winning lists, but it was requested that all lists are reported.
    whilst agree with your second comment, we don't see it through the mindset of a newer player.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

I think it would not be unreasonable to make all lists anonymus when it's worse than x-1

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Scheduled sealed ratings are public, so I am not sure that associating decklists with the names and the records change much. I suppose I can see a better argument for gauntlet maintaining some level of privacy in regards to performance, but I prefer having more data rather than less data in this capacity. Hiding our losses will bias the data in regards to deck performance (if we don't get information about losing decks/archetypes) and player performance (if the decks are anonymized).

8 person queues (draft and constructed), sealed queues (all), and headsup queues are all private realms at this point, so having two formats with open information does not seem problematic to me; however, if we want gauntlet to remain a refuge for all player types, then maybe full access for schedule sealed would be sufficient for our purposes. Speaking from the perspective of someone who does data analysis, selecting data on a dependent variable leads to very poor data for inference-making.

I mean, they could anonymize all decks. and remove any mention of players at all in this feed. The point is to show deck stats not necessarily player stats. There is a concern of negative pressure being applied to new players who are worried about being embarrassed by poor performance. You want to remove as much pressure pushing people out of tournaments as possible imo.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    I mean, they could anonymize all decks. and remove any mention of players at all in this feed. The point is to show deck stats not necessarily player stats. There is a concern of negative pressure being applied to new players who are worried about being embarrassed by poor performance. You want to remove as much pressure pushing people out of tournaments as possible imo.
    Shouldn't we have anonymous tournaments, then, if that is our concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Zubrin View Post
    Shouldn't we have anonymous tournaments, then, if that is our concern?
    Not necessarily. Some things are only an issue after they're aggregated, and easily searchable. In many ways it's similar to the streamer discussion, should a player who is embarrassed to be streamed be allowed to compel a streamer to stop streaming. Which i'm firmly against. This is a bit different though, in that the data is always there for anyone to see every time you play, so the people who have this as a concern have a bit more ground to stand on.

I think in magic this would probably be cool in all regards, but we're a small game we want to be as welcoming to everyone as possible so that we become a big game. If that means not recording players names who are less than X-1, then it's a pretty small sacrifice.

It's also funny because there are some really good analogues in the USA with trying to cope with easily searchable databases that have always been present and not a problem in their less seachable forms.
    Last edited by Gwaer; 10-26-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Devoted Emissary
    Thanks so much for this data!
    Last edited by Veetor; 10-27-2015 at 06:42 AM.
    Grand King + King
    Dragonborn

Thanks for the data as usual.
    The files for 23/10, 24/10, and 25/10 appear empty. No data for those days?

The automated process seems to have a hitch, because it works when I run it manually.
    Files should have data now.
    I'll be poking at the automation to see if I can figure out why it's creating empty files.
    --
    Hex - Data Hoarder & Mac/Windows builds

Need help?
    Fastest way to resolution: http://support.hextcg.com/