Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Is it against TOS to buy or sell entire accounts for RL cash?

  1. #1

    Is it against TOS to buy or sell entire accounts for RL cash?

    Wondering...

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Also leftover/unusable KS codes cannot be bought or sold according to ToS.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavon View Post
    Also leftover/unusable KS codes cannot be bought or sold according to ToS.
    That's incorrect. Unused kickstarter codes can be sold/traded. see 4a of Charks post in this forum post http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26351

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeplay View Post
    That's incorrect. Unused kickstarter codes can be sold/traded. see 4a of Charks post in this forum post http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26351
    Interesting. That changed at some point. Because I have an extra 'year of drafts' code that is just taking up space because when we asked if we could sell that, we were told no.

  6. #6
    The TOS has changed and they have backtracked on things so not surprising either way. Like maybe we can have two accounts if we kickstarted and maybe we can't.

  7. #7
    AFAIK no one official has ever said selling ks codes was against any rules. It's entirely and completely outside the game. Once a code has been redeemed selling accounts is not allowed. But unredeemed codes are fair game.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

  8. #8
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    Selling accounts is against the ToS, but people still sell and buy them. Just don't try to do it on these forums, and don't expect any help from Customer Service if you get scammed.

  9. #9
    While I'm generally in favour of KS codes being as small a part of the game as possible, it seems a shame if people who took the risk in backing Hex but for whatever reason don't want to play now can't recoup their investment just because they actually tried it out at one point.
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

    Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Timlagor View Post
    While I'm generally in favour of KS codes being as small a part of the game as possible, it seems a shame if people who took the risk in backing Hex but for whatever reason don't want to play now can't recoup their investment just because they actually tried it out at one point.
    They can recoup their investment even if they redeemed the code. Sell the Kickstarter exclusive cards and the packs etc. Sure it's not the same as the account benefits but There's a good deal if value there still

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •