Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hexsales API

The Transcended
    That's why I said data warehouse. At my work, we have "pre-query" staging in a data warehouse and that is what people actually query against. Meanwhile, the raw data lives in the database and is always retained in its entirety.

Ah, I see. I have no experience with data warehouses to be honest. I think I get the idea, but I don't understand how that solves my problem with performance when calculating median values. It might just be my lack of knowledge and experience or maybe I just don't get what you want to tell me, but as of right now I don't expect data warehouses to magically solve my problem with data aggregation.

I agree with you that, from a professional point of view, storing only pre-aggregated data probably isn't what you'd want to go for. It does make a lot of sense to just use that additional layer of flexibility (regarding views/your "pre-query" statement).
    Hexsales - Visualizing auction house data (currently offline)
    Hexsales API
    HEX card/item/... database api (Code/Docs on GitHub - queriable database api for cards, equipment, etc.

Email: cwik@hexsales.net

Rip website, I will miss you.

Might actually have to start using the api now heh. You think you'll keep it up for a long time?

Well, I have no reason not to keep it up. In fact, as my schedule seems to loosen up towards March/April, I'm also planning next changes. The main reason I took down the website is that it is currently running on some very bad code and wasn't even using my api. I wanted to create a dedicated client for it in the summer which I could simply not do due to work.

Together with my custom hex database api thingy my whole codebase consists of three parts that I basically want to update, because they are not very well architectured. Most of my problems wouldn't exist if the sales files contained more detailed info or if at least there was some queriable api with all data for cards and equipment. If I want to provide aggregated data of sales of a certain set for example, I have to make sure that my hexsalesapi has a place to find that info to complete the sales data. As such thing didn't exist, I created it myself, but that was ~8 months ago and actually has to be maintained manually, which is obviously unbearable. So, I guess what I want to say is, that there is a lot of shady code working in the background which I want to clean up before I spend time on the user-facing part.
    Hexsales API
    HEX card/item/... database api (Code/Docs on GitHub - queriable database api for cards, equipment, etc.

RIP site. You will be missed.
    IGN: Kurposkano

Sad, your website was way better than HexPrice for some figures.

Hey guys,

I'd like to start rebuilding this api once again (which might yield a new website in the future). I have always received good feedback from you, which I have hoarded ever since and will also use for the next version. But I noticed that I have next to no idea which analytical/statistical features you want or think should be there.
    So, for now I'd like you to do some brainstorming for me and tell me what you think are interesting ways to interpret and use the AH data.
    Hexsales API

The Transcended
    Honestly, your prior version was already awesome and in many ways better than your competitor for individual items. I'd say the main things lacking were the specialty/summary calculations like average value of pack contents or sifting out the high value commons and uncommons.

Hey guys,

just wanted to mention that I took down the api to make room for new stuff - just in case anyone was using it.
    Hexsales API