Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature Request: Mouse over set description

Feature Request: Mouse over set description

Hello,

I'd really love if it would show me what set a particular card is part of when hovering over the set icon on the card .

For me as a newb it's very hard to remember what set has which icon, and with increasing amount of sets, the harder it will be.

Cheers,

I would imagine they'll add the set as text when they implement the Double Back feature.

And if they don't, it would be a nice addition. Even though I have played since the beginning, I can't tell the set by the icon alone, but I remember all the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by lyko View Post
    Hello,

I'd really love if it would show me what set a particular card is part of when hovering over the set icon on the card .

For me as a newb it's very hard to remember what set has which icon, and with increasing amount of sets, the harder it will be.

Cheers,
    Is it that hard to remember which is which? There are just 3. And more importantly, one symbol for every ~250 cards. It seems like a trivial amount of information to remember given how much one needs to remember to be successful at the game.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Is it that hard to remember which is which? There are just 3. And more importantly, one symbol for every ~250 cards. It seems like a trivial amount of information to remember given how much one needs to remember to be successful at the game.
    Colin denying tooltips??

https://forums.cryptozoic.com/showth...l=1#post416468

Colin confirmed for selling his exalted forum account for charity

Master Theorycrafter
    The set isn't overly relevant in most situations, if you are deck building and there is a restriction you can simply turn on the filter. If you are looking for the card then the tool tip doesn't help you find it so there is no benefit there. If you want to buy it on AH the set isn't relevant so I guess its only if you wanted to crack packs to try and get the card and generally that's a bad idea anyway so its beneficial that its not there I guess.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post
    Colin denying tooltips??

https://forums.cryptozoic.com/showth...l=1#post416468

Colin confirmed for selling his exalted forum account for charity
    LOL

I'm all for more tooltips. This just seems like a strange request given the amount of information one needs to successfully play a TCG.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by lyko View Post
    Hello,

Cheers,
    I like the suggestion and will be more and more useful as we gain additional sets.

To expand on this idea, how about making it a button in the zoom mode? So you zoom in on the card from any interface, and then you click on the set logo, which brings up the booster pack art and a rundown of the set statistics (number of cards, release date, where it is legal to be played, etc.)

Would be a neat little extra for far in the future.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I get the it can't be that hard to remember, but:

1. I think it would help new players a lot. Even if it's just to give them a better feel for which card is what set. I myself like to know stuff like that, and it's easier to remember when I can just zoom in or hover over a card to display the set (during games).
    2. Why not do it? It's such a little thing to do but adds such a big 'oh cool, this is really neat' to the cards.

big 'oh cool, this is really neat'
    It's not really that big nor cool :P Not saying I'm against it, but it's propably something that costs time (build, test, q&a, translations, ect) for a really small gain that will be useless in the long term (double back).

So basically I agree with Colin on this.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!