View Poll Results: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 is best), how would you rate the Halloween Event?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (best experience for me)

16 9.70%

32 19.39%

34 20.61%

39 23.64%

12 7.27%

18 10.91%

4 2.42%

7 4.24%

2 1.21%
  • 1 (worst experience for me)

1 0.61%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rating the Haunted Harvest event

Gigantisaur

Rating the Haunted Harvest event

Hello!

While we are not entirely through the event yet, I have formulated an opinion about it. Maybe you have, too, and I'd be happy to hear yours as well.

The summary: I absolutely love this event. It gives a few goodies, but with a low entry barrier, so it does not produce stress.

Sleeves: Nice to look at, you only need to log in. Perfect!

AAs: Only participation cards, instead of the dreaded "must win Triple Apes", I like that.

PvE cards and equipment: Easy enough to get (especially with Dungeon Crawlers), both the cards and Equipment. While they seem to be given out in overabundance, let's just see how we go down the road and how new players will look for these in 1 or 2 years time, then they are going to get a lot scarcer, especially the Bowl of Soul's Chili ;-). Comparative rarity for the two items is also set well - no more Stormcoats.

Duration: Oct. 26th to Nov. 9th may seem overly generous to some folks, but to people with family or odd job schedules, this is a great boon.

Thanks CZE, for designing a low-key event that is a perfect complimentary to the blood-curdling 100K tournament qualifying process that is keeping our PvP brethren occupied. This is an "A" from the casual crowd.
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

I also really enjoyed the laid back nature of this halloween. It would be super boring if they were all like this but occasionally they really hit the spot.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Master Theorycrafter
    0/10

There was an event? Didn't notice.

Nothing to chase. Nothing to enjoy. Please stimulate in the future.
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

I very much liked the themed cards (and sleeve!), and appreciate the fact that I won't have to grind forever to get them or their equipment. I think I agree with Gwaer that I don't want all events to be this simple, but for holiday events in particular, this is nice. A lot of people spend time with their families or have other obligations during the holidays, so it's nice to not add on more stress here.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

I rate this event: 10/10

I was definitely on the fence before the event - lack of any chase items specifically - but when the event landed it coincided with Halloween in other online games; playing those really highlighted how easy it is for game devs to fall into the trap of giving minimal respect to the time of their players.

Seeing cool festive treats teased & then materialising as 1-in-a-million RNG prizes was quite the downer.
    I won't name and shame, but my 2nd favourite online game (behind Hex) hyped one very cool item for Halloween this year - warning that it required some "work"; in reality it has turned out to be the single most expensive item in the history of the game to craft, requiring effectively a bottomless pit of currency + trashing the rarest item from a previous Halloween.

Having seen then what passes for a fun experience in the mind of other developers, I am full of appreciation for Hex Entertainment and their utterly benevolent Haunted Harvest event.
    The duration is a bit eye-catching, but since it just means more AA's for me (yay weekly drafts!) - and must surely have made this one of the most family-obligation-resistant event ever - no complaints here.

N.B. But fix that bugged Bow so I can build a Death Sentence deck!
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Hello!

While we are not entirely through the event yet, I have formulated an opinion about it. Maybe you have, too, and I'd be happy to hear yours as well.

The summary: I absolutely love this event. It gives a few goodies, but with a low entry barrier, so it does not produce stress.

Sleeves: Nice to look at, you only need to log in. Perfect!

AAs: Only participation cards, instead of the dreaded "must win Triple Apes", I like that.

PvE cards and equipment: Easy enough to get (especially with Dungeon Crawlers), both the cards and Equipment. While they seem to be given out in overabundance, let's just see how we go down the road and how new players will look for these in 1 or 2 years time, then they are going to get a lot scarcer, especially the Bowl of Soul's Chili ;-). Comparative rarity for the two items is also set well - no more Stormcoats.

Duration: Oct. 26th to Nov. 9th may seem overly generous to some folks, but to people with family or odd job schedules, this is a great boon.

Thanks CZE, for designing a low-key event that is a perfect complimentary to the blood-curdling 100K tournament qualifying process that is keeping our PvP brethren occupied. This is an "A" from the casual crowd.
    +1
    IGN: Fensale

Event Rating: 9/10

I love holiday events like this. There may not be anything to 'chase' for those with high skill level and/or tons of time to put in, but it's really nice for those of us who have neither of those things. Not all events have to be like this, but I think having a low entry bar for holiday content is a good thing.

I like that the holiday AA is a participation prize. It takes off a lot of the pressure of winning or doing many tournaments in order to get the holiday extras.

I don't have a ton of time to play, but even for me the PvE rewards seem overly generous. I'm not saying I'd want them to be super hard to get, but 4 per complete run seems like a lot.

The time frame seems about right for me, as I suspect it is for many of the more casual players.

Happy Halloween!

I really like the setup for the seasonal holidays - no pressure, which is great when you have visiting relatives, or travel, or any number of other stressful events on the schedule. Plenty of time to work with, along with a low barrier to obtaining the items, and a neat way to remember each event.

Keep them coming! But we all know next year HAS to be thriller themed.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Rating the Haunted Harvest event

Thanks for rating the Haunted Harvest event. Your feedback will help us improve the game. I added a poll to the thread.
    Last edited by Chark; 11-01-2015 at 02:13 PM.

This is a great way to do holiday events. These should be easy to get everything from while convocation events should be considerably more difficult to get all from.

Thanks for setting it up like this HexEnt :-)