Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: Bring back 221 while we wait

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    Well if Set 3 was out on 7/21 we should have Set 4 in a month or two to shake up the meta, right?
    Assuming this wasn't veiled sarcasm, HXE promised that set 4 would not be released before PvE dungeons, hence the optimistic assumption of late Q1 2016 for set 4.
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    Assuming this wasn't veiled sarcasm, HXE promised that set 4 would not be released before PvE dungeons, hence the optimistic assumption of late Q1 2016 for set 4.
    I thought it was pretty blatant sarcasm actually.

Older draft formats would be nice, but I doubt we have the players to support them very much. As people have said since almost day one of alpha, regular and reliable set releases are arguably the most important part of the game and we're going to keep hitting stretches of people burning out until they start to happen.

The mindset of playing 3-3-3 knowing that it's going away and we're getting something fresh a month from now is very different than playing 3-3-3 assuming we're going to be stuck on it for another 5 months or whatever.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

I know some people do not want to believe this, but regular set releases are an absolute must. They are far more important than the PvE content. Without regular sets this game goes. PvE cannot save it, because this is a TCG at heart. I know a bunch of people backed for PvE, but you have to accept that 1-2 sets a year is simply not going to sustain this game, with or without dungeons. It is simply impossible. Players will lose interest, move on, and not come back in enough numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pezzle View Post
    I know some people do not want to believe this, but regular set releases are an absolute must. They are far more important than the PvE content. Without regular sets this game goes. PvE cannot save it, because this is a TCG at heart. I know a bunch of people backed for PvE, but you have to accept that 1-2 sets a year is simply not going to sustain this game, with or without dungeons. It is simply impossible. Players will lose interest, move on, and not come back in enough numbers.
    I agree with this completely. If PVE is not going to be ready by year end, they should just finalize set 4 and try to roll it out by then instead. I personally am at a point where I am playing much less and drafting much less than normal, and I'm not sure I can even maintain this level of interest for much longer.

Why not just 1-2-3 as an option? Or some kind of EDH format? Or God forbid, we actually do what needs to be done, and put set 4 out before PVE content that we know will be buggy AND will be solved and destroyed before two weeks are up by at least 25% of the player base?

Quote Originally Posted by HaemishM View Post
    Why not just 1-2-3 as an option? Or some kind of EDH format? Or God forbid, we actually do what needs to be done, and put set 4 out before PVE content that we know will be buggy AND will be solved and destroyed before two weeks are up by at least 25% of the player base?
    I can see you have a very low opinion of the devs and the work they do.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

No, I think the work they do WHEN THEY GET IT DONE is great. I love the game and have put way too much time in it.

I'm just a bit sick and tired of the black hole of silence about upcoming content additions that the game desperately needs. And I'm also really down on the fact that the AI in Arena is so incredibly broken and has been since the release of AOM (July) without so much as a mention of when that might also get fixed. Seriously, the AI was working better BEFORE AOM was released, after that set came out the AI went from simple and a little buggy to psycho and a lot buggy. And they've been told about it over and over again and rather than their community team giving us some idea when it might be fixed, they post idiotic pictures and act like it's more important they not get yelled at by the community rather than communicate what's going on.

The black hole of silence was created by the attitude you and others have towards the slow updates - sometimes there just isn't something worth showing, either because it is incomplete or at a high risk of changing. Even the PvE cards we have seen over the last few weeks could be subject to change - nothing is final until release, as far as we know, and we have even heard dev responses on the subject saying that they would rather show nothing than something uncertain or unfinished.

As for set 4, we have had it on 'good' authority (Colin) that they will not need to wait long after PvE is in before they can drop a new set, and I am inclined to believe him (skeptical as I may be, I doubt he would say that without a damn good reason.) But the other thing people might not have considered is that the devs may be waiting on certain things before rolling out more content, making it more convenient for them to release things in a certain order.

So while I can't tell you not to be frustrated, I can advise you exercise a little more patience and understanding, because I am sure the next few content patches will be worth the wait.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

The last we heard was there were issues with the new version of unity. If anyone knows how to code and is upset with the lack of content, then file an application.

On a more serious note, set 4 before pve would be a mistake imo. This game needs more people and pve will bring that.

And then they will complain about the cost of things in this FTP game and how almost nothing in PvE has any lasting value and then quit.