Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: Bring back 221 while we wait

Quote Originally Posted by Pezzle View Post
    And then they will complain about the cost of things in this FTP game and how almost nothing in PvE has any lasting value and then quit.
    Until we see what's available in PvE, that's a stretch to even speculate. Even now, gold is still worth enough to make it worth trading for platinum.

PVE is not going to bring more people, and not for very long. PVE is going to be a black hole of people who do not pay real money asking for more content because they've exhausted the content they have. Every MMOG in the history of ever that has focused on PVE content has found to their great dismay the AI-driven content is easily solvable and creates an insatiable hunger for ever more content from the vocal minority. And I can guarantee you that if new, un-invested people came in and played PVE with the miserable state of the AI of today, they would not hang around, nor would they be inclined to spend more money on this game.

I'm not asking to be SHOWN anything. I don't need to see spoiler cards or gameplay videos or talent trees. What I need to know is when will new content be out, and if it isn't out then, what's going on with the development? I don't care if things are subject to change, that's development. Technically this is still a beta product (though they are taking real money for it, so it's a bit disingenuous to still call it that) so anyone involved should realize that things can change. If the mob/community gets rowdy about a change, that's what a community manager/team is supposed to be for - creating a firewall between the development team (who should probably never talk to customers) and the mob so that the devs don't have to hear their names being cursed every day but they do get the message that the community wants this or that, or the community is concerned about this or that.

Why is there no real development diary on the web site? Or a dev post tracker on the front page to give the community a convenient place to see the status of development? Why is the community team unaware for 12 hours that tournaments were locked? A game in development that was crowdfunded is supposed to have open communication with the community, and yet that doesn't happen. Silence about development and upcoming content makes people forget about the game. Those people will go away and NOT SPEND MONEY. And the longer they are away, the greater the chance they won't come back whenever you do finally put out new content.

Just fixing some very irritating, very small bugs on a regular (say weekly or bi-weekly) basis would be a HUGE help. But more than a month between patches and the only things added in patches being holiday promos? That's very very bad.

The goal of this topic isn't to discuss or complain about the development of the game at-large, just if bringing back some variety into the limited meta would be good. Personally I think it is worth a shot.

If you caught Cory's interview that just ended today, set 4 is complete and just waiting on PvE and art assets to be completed. PvE is still on target for EoT and all dungeons are now functionally complete.

All in all, it sounds like we might get set 4 by the end of January if we are really, really lucky.

To respond to the claim that PvE dungeons will not help retain players: that is not the impression I've gotten at all. Expanded PvE and the sense of progression that it gives will basically be the arena on crack. Currently the arena can provide the casual player a free draft per every ~8 hours grinding (assuming 45 minute dwarf robot runs) which is about a free draft per week with semi-casual play. With the much more compelling content of dungeons and the possibility of actual chase PvE item drops, well, the sky's the limit for that sort of content... There simply hasn't been anything like it made before.

I am by no means a F2P player and I probably run 2 arenas per night passively while watching TV, it is the perfect amount of concentration required to occupy my mind while watching a show. I do it because I still enjoy the battles and making fun new broken decks to beat the arena with and that is after hundreds of runs. My mind boggles at the potential for compelling PvE content with hidden encounters, character leveling, raids... I mean, it will just be the best ever.

...Oh yea, and then I get to scratch the PvP limited itch whenever I want too
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    The black hole of silence was created by the attitude you and others have towards the slow updates
    No, bad Xenavire, stop it.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    No, bad Xenavire, stop it.
    Well, in all fairness, I probably haven't helped matters much myself. I am not simply laying blame, just explaining a very likely scenario, in which I probably had a hand in.

The fact is though that most companies keep things quiet for a good deal of time before releasing it, so we just slowly slipped into the industry standard - nothing inherently wrong with that.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

The Transcended
    anti-signed. I do not want longer queue times on Set 3.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    anti-signed. I do not want longer queue times on Set 3.
    What about if it were just (edit: optional, so current set 3 still possible too) sealed gauntlet that was some form of set 1 and 2? I'd be in for that to boost my lagging set 1 collection.

So yeah, I'm signed, but I do understand concerns if it exacerbates Set 3 queue times etc.

Master Theorycrafter
    don't care either way but I'll say what the naysayers won't

"Please don't crash the prices of my hot set 1&2 chase rares and legendaries"

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post

Hah. I feel ya, but unfortunately I'm in the "omg prices for so many set 1/2 cards are INSANE" and "holy shit, I finally have an almost complete set (set 3), but the prices of most cards are at the floor -- I can't even sell half my excess rares" :P

I'd like to think there'd be a balance to be struck, but I do understand how you must feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post

I could care less for prices (I completed my sets 1/2 long ago, mostly have junky spares) and I would be fine with an influx of new stuff from those sets. I just don't want to completely kill 3-3-3 which has been firing slowly on good days, even with the event going. Splitting the draft queues would be great for the hanful of people interested (assuming they can make it fire), and bad for pretty much everyone else who wants to draft.

I second the gauntlet idea, that seems fun.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png