Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: Bring back 221 while we wait

I'd love anything that was something other than 3-3-3. I'd prefer 1-2-3 so that we could get a mini-constructed type of feel to the whole thing as well as not completely removing new set 3 cards from entering my collection via drafts. 3-3-3 has just flooded the market with way too many cards from set 3, and the rares from this set are with the exception of maybe 5 cards, just not that great compared to the rares from sets 1 and 2.

Adding set 1 and 2 back into the limited rotation would also help to lower the ABSOLUTELY INSANE prices on some of the set 1 and 2 rares (Vamp Kings, Reese, AOD, Master Moss) that are significantly affecting the ability for non-ramp decks to be made by new players in the constructed meta.

What is being asked for here is a solution for absolutely nothing.
    It would actually be taking away much more from the community than it would be providing value...

Other things need to be focus pieces for the game right now, not value drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    What is being asked for here is a solution for absolutely nothing.
    It would actually be taking away much more from the community than it would be providing value...

Other things need to be focus pieces for the game right now, not value drafting.
    I'm sorry Nico but that just doesn't make any sense.

Its a solution to:
    Draft queues currently taking too long to fire all the time.
    Depressed value of set 3 cards due to overpopulation.
    Inflated value of set 1 and 2 cards.
    Approachability of the constructed scene to new players by reducing the set 1 and 2 barrier to entry.

It takes away:
    Sole focus of limited on set 3 past 5 months, therefore set 3 drafts could fire less frequently, potentially.

The only con can even be mitigated by not allowing tickets for non set 3 drafts and a limited and/or rotating schedule for non set 3 drafts.

Also, this would require near 0 effort from a development standpoint, not distract from any other aspect of the game, and is something HXE has stated they would consider previously.

So I'm not sure where your impassioned objection gets the "much more value away" from the community concept.

The idea that the Inflated value of set 1 cards dropping as a negative is just a shitty viewpoint, im hoping that isn't part of your value lost equation.

If set 4 comes out in a couple months, this isn't as important a point of emphasis, but I think we would still all benefit from it even with that optimistic timeline.
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

I've gone into greater detail on this concept in the recent past. I'd be happy to dig those posts up, but I'm pretty set on how I feel about this.. Outside of the fact that I agree with you on the easy ability to implement. I'm sure Chark is aware that when this is reintroduced (which it likely will be), there is a right way, time, and interval to do this in.

NO

Bringing back cycled out Draft sets will have a tremendous impact on our economy. This game is a TCG and the TCG Part needs the values of card collections protected. Bringing back set 1 or set 2 will have many up in arms and ultimately have collectors lose faith in how CZE helps secure collection investment.

The draft cycle we are on is 333. If CZE wants to add variety to this draft format, then it should entail the 3rd set only until #4 comes out. Adding in equipment or a primal could be worth discussing further.

Quote Originally Posted by Stok3d View Post
    NO

Bringing back cycled out Draft sets will have a tremendous impact on our economy. This game is a TCG and the TCG Part needs the values of card collections protected. Bringing back set 1 or set 2 will have many up in arms and ultimately have collectors lose faith in how CZE helps secure collection investment.

The draft cycle we are on is 333. If CZE wants to add variety to this draft format, then it should entail the 3rd set only until #4 comes out. Adding in equipment or a primal could be worth discussing further.
    There will be previous set drafts stoked, that is a thing that will happen, it's a thing that happens in physical tcgs, it's a thing that happens in mtgo, it's a thing that will absolutely 100% happen in hex. The question is just when. Not to mention the fact that set 1 and 2 are still on sale in unlimited quantities. The only reason I'm not for this right now is because it might have an adverse effect on the current set firing. But if this game is successful, we will see this.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

I disagree. The solution right now is not to run Set 1 and 2 into the ground and flood the market. Heck, we played those formats long enough anyway. They cycled out for a reason and should NOT be considered to be rotated back in because Set 4 isn't out quick enough. I believe that for the longevity of this game, that Set 1 & Set 2 are not rotated back in.

If this is done, I expect 2/3 of value to decay on all chase items...

We played them, we're a very very small portion of the current playerbase, that's why all other TCGs have throwback formats and play old formats occasionally. The difference there is that a lot of times those sets aren't even readily available anymore. Hex is different in that, up to this point no set is unavailable.

If you're making market decisions based on the idea that we'll never see past draft formats again I highly suggest you give that another think and unload some of your extras while they're at a premium. There is not a chance that this won't happen eventually.
    Last edited by Gwaer; 11-05-2015 at 04:26 PM.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Cut it any way you like Gwaer. The fact of the matter is that rotating these sets in will destroy collection values and be a HUGE turnoff for so many of us that have invested a small fortune into this game. Please consider that people play this game for a variety of reasons. Some of us are willing to invest money into this game as they understand the game is incredibly fun, realize the game's potential, while appreciating the fundamentals of supply and demand. Those same people are also some it's most long standing and loyal customers. Injecting the sets back in that only the earliest backers drafted could be seen as a stab in the back to those who financially supported getting this game launched...

It's obvious how I feel and I have nothing more to state on this topic. I have and always will be a person who champions and realizes how vital collection value is to the prosperity of this game.