Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increasing Prevalence of Players "Disconnecting" After Losing on Board

Increasing Prevalence of Players "Disconnecting" After Losing on Board

In the last few tournament I played, I've managed to run into at least one player and sometimes more who would "disconnect" when it becomes clear they can't win the game. It's possible that one or two such players legitimately disconnected but when I have such advantageous board and my opponent who had no connection problem or whatever just "disconnects" I find it hard to believe.

People are doing this because they can just unplug their ethernet cable or disconnect their wifi and get reimbursed for any tournament they clearly would have (and did) lose. I've reported all the individuals who has done such things to Gameforge Support but I don't think anything has been done as I met the same player (who shalt not be named here) again and he "disconnected" again.

To stop this blatantly cheating of the system. Support should become stricter and actually check to see if the tournament in question bugged or if the player disconnected from the game on purpose.

Why should any individual care about this? It's just Support getting cheated, right? NO! When any product be it packs or cards enter the system though illegal means, the value of all our collections drops just a little bit. With all this going on, a plat here and a plat there, we're all getting ripped off.

Master Theorycrafter
    Uh. I'm pretty sure they already disallow this. Regardless of how or why you disconnected, you can only submit a ticket concerning that and be reimbursed ONCE. If it continues to happen, they essentially say "your problem, not ours". Trust me, I had internet issues a while back and was repeatedly disconnecting during tournies, to my great chagrin, so I am perfectly well aware you cannot repeatedly submit support tickets about how you disconnected and expect to get a draft ticket. Have you actually confirmed they are BEING reimbursed, or are you just assuming?
    IGN: Legan

This is a well known issue in another online TCG as well.
    Sad to see it happen in this great community.

It had not even occurred to me that these players might get some sort of advantage for disconnecting. I always thought they did that just out of spite. I guess I am too honorable-minded to even consider such shenanigans.

Might help explain the phenomenon a bit though. I have had this happen a few times and it always struck me as odd that there would be so many (relatively speaking) dicks around. Maybe they are actually trying to scam for a ticket. Hmmm, interesting. I hope this issue is being handled though. Very annoying when it happens. Many times when I have lethal on the chain. Cannot be a coincidence.

Gigantisaur
    The previous VIP weekend I actually had severe connection problems and disconnected frequently (without any action on my part). I read that some European providers had huge problems, so it might have been unrelated to Hex.

Doesn't mean the odd opponent doesn't pull the plug himself, though .
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

I actually think there may be a bug where a quick concede followed by a close of the client may be showing up as a disconnection. We'll have to see if it's still happening with the updated client.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Incindium View Post
    I actually think there may be a bug where a quick concede followed by a close of the client may be showing up as a disconnection. We'll have to see if it's still happening with the updated client.
    Yes, this happens regardless of a close of the client sometimes even. I've had matches where, game 1, my opponent "disconnects" and I immediately get the victory, and then we move on to round 2 where they clearly just conceded, but didn't leave.
    IGN: Legan

I disconnect all the time, but that's because the HEX client messes with a specific brand of Power-Line Adapters, shutting them off intermittently. Support has been very understanding as i've investigated the issue. I don't think they've denied me a claim once, but maybe that's because i make every effort to reconnect to a game when permitted.

There was a time, back during set 1, when i experienced so many bugs while playing draft that they literally told me to stop playing draft. That was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Incindium View Post
    Yep that's a thing but I'm talking about the full 5 minute wait kind of afk/disconnect in these cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi_The_Lion View Post
    Yep that's a thing but I'm talking about the full 5 minute wait kind of afk/disconnect in these cases.
    Yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure the players are conceding and there is a bug where the server is incorrectly treating it as a disconnection which forces the whole 5 min wait.