Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Please be careful of ilegimate sites selling codes

Moderator / Gameforge QA Volunteer Lixil's Avatar

This is from Bosnia, same thing happens in USA and other countries as well... so since I see Zloty in your image DraXor... I'm guessing Poland only?

Also people who have problems with g2a should contact g2a support, if they don't bother replying or helping you should poke GameForge payment support with evidence that you have poked g2a.

I will contact tomorrow someone from GameForge and get proper answer about this. ^^

__________________________________________________ ______________________

-=Hex site | Hex Board | Hex GF board rules | Support for board | Support for game | Hex4NewbiesWiki =-

can always count on lixil to get to the bottom of things.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

seems they finally replied to me after over a week, they told me they trying to reach out to sell and for me to be patient

im sorry but I already had my bank charge the cash back and launch a investigation into fraud.

Gigantisaur
    I have tested G2A and bought both gameforge codes (directly from G2A) as well as a few codes (for other Steam games) from third parties. I stayed away from Eastern bloc "vendors" and stuck with UK in this case, used the shield options and everything worked out okay.

I can see how some people might be overwhelmed by this marketplace, but for me at least it worked out fine. Just look at who you are buying from!
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Quote Originally Posted by Lixil View Post

This is from Bosnia, same thing happens in USA and other countries as well... so since I see Zloty in your image DraXor... I'm guessing Poland only?

Also people who have problems with g2a should contact g2a support, if they don't bother replying or helping you should poke GameForge payment support with evidence that you have poked g2a.

I will contact tomorrow someone from GameForge and get proper answer about this. ^^
    Yes, im from Poland. Didnt know that this option is region restricted.

Also as you suggest, if someone have any problems with purchase on G2A he should contact with G2A support 1st (also you may send me some PW with details and ill try to help too)

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    I have tested G2A and bought both gameforge codes (directly from G2A) as well as a few codes (for other Steam games) from third parties. I stayed away from Eastern bloc "vendors" and stuck with UK in this case, used the shield options and everything worked out okay.

I can see how some people might be overwhelmed by this marketplace, but for me at least it worked out fine. Just look at who you are buying from!
    Exacly what you said, everyone can sell games/codes there ... thats why you have some information about seller (like his rate, country) to decide who is trustworthy + shield to protect against wrong codes.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by DraXor View Post
    Exacly what you said, everyone can sell games/codes there ... thats why you have some information about seller (like his rate, country) to decide who is trustworthy + shield to protect against wrong codes.
    Guess I just don't understand G2A then... You need to specifically pick the correct vendors and even check protection options to possibly get codes at a little discount? But then how do these vendors get those very same codes at an even larger discount? Otherwise, how'd they even make a profit? And why go through the hassle of potential rip-offs to save only a few bucks?

Oh wait...

to save only a few bucks
    Last edited by Makizushi; 12-05-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makizushi View Post
    Guess I just don't understand G2A then... You need to specifically pick the correct vendors and even check protection options to possibly get codes at a little discount? But then how do these vendors get those very same codes at an even larger discount? Otherwise, how'd they even make a profit? And why go through the hassle of potential rip-offs to save only a few bucks?

Oh wait...
    take a look on ebay (im guessing you know what ebay is), who is selling there? How they get this items (in digital context)? and if you want purchase something, you also choose from who ... there are rates (comments) etc ... eBay is also some kind of marketplace as G2A is but G2A is aiming to digital products

But G2A also have partners where they get codes, in this case ePins from Gameforge...

I'm still pretty upset that we still don't have any movement on the HUGE exchange rate disparity. Big diss to the US-based players.

EDIT: By my calculations this has cost me at least 269151 Platinum just in currency exchange rate inequality since March 6th, 2015. So, 1346 packs from the store and (likely) 27 Primals lost because I live in the US, pay in US dollars, and don't take the time to circumvent the system.

Last edited by hex_colin; 12-05-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Now, when Gameforge is also publisher for North America this might change ... who knows ...

For me as EU player thi is some kind of encouragement to invest in hex, with prices like US have, im pretty sure I wouldnt buy so much platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    I'm still pretty upset that we still don't have any movement on the HUGE exchange rate disparity. Big diss to the US-based players.

EDIT: By my calculations this has cost me at least 269151 Platinum just in currency exchange rate inequality since March 6th, 2015. So, 1346 packs from the store and (likely) 27 Primals lost because I live in the US, pay in US dollars, and don't take the time to circumvent the system.

I feel for ya buddy. Canada has it even worse (though I havent personally suffered 'loss' as much as you)