Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: The New ToS - Analyzed

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it would be better to have clear policies in place. I hate all this bureaucracy stuff in general. Why can't things ever be simple? (rhetoric question, no need to answer, as that is a can of worms best kept shut)

Master Theorycrafter
    Any update on this? Is the ToS going to be updated to reflect actual policies? Is the list of unspoken "Rules" that supersede the ToS going to be published? Should we start reporting RMT sites for breaking the ToS?

You can report whatever you like whenever you like. It's not up to reporters to know all the rules, it's up to them to investigate and determine if it's a punishable offense. They will always be getting reports worth investigating and not worth investigating whether they update the TOS or publish custom rules for Hex.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Id like to take a moment to address some of the concerns that players have about the transition of the publishing responsibilities for Hex. We are currently looking at how our terms of service fits with Hex as a game and a community. Our intention is to continue to operate the game with the same values and focus that Hex Entertainment has had up until now. Gameforge uses a central Terms of Service agreement that is applied to every game we publish. One of the reasons for that is there are very strict rules that we need to follow as an EU and German company, and this ToS covers those needs directly. Having said that though, we recognize that not every game or community has the same needs. We are currently working on a set of rules that will be unique to Hex and will address our players needs as best as we can, while still complying with the laws we must adhere to. We are working on those changes right now and will keep you all informed as we progress. Given that these rules require legal time to look over them, they wont happen overnight, but they are a very high priority for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranj View Post
    I’d like to take a moment to address some of the concerns that players have about the transition of the publishing responsibilities for Hex. We are currently looking at how our terms of service fits with Hex as a game and a community. Our intention is to continue to operate the game with the same values and focus that Hex Entertainment has had up until now. Gameforge uses a central Terms of Service agreement that is applied to every game we publish. One of the reasons for that is there are very strict rules that we need to follow as an EU and German company, and this ToS covers those needs directly. Having said that though, we recognize that not every game or community has the same needs. We are currently working on a set of rules that will be unique to Hex and will address our players needs as best as we can, while still complying with the laws we must adhere to. We are working on those changes right now and will keep you all informed as we progress. Given that these rules require legal time to look over them, they won’t happen overnight, but they are a very high priority for us.
    Thank you for the input!
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Determined Zombie
    Id like to take a moment to address some of the concerns that players have about the transition of the publishing responsibilities for Hex. We are currently looking at how our terms of service fits with Hex as a game and a community. Our intention is to continue to operate the game with the same values and focus that Hex Entertainment has had up until now. Gameforge uses a central Terms of Service agreement that is applied to every game we publish. One of the reasons for that is there are very strict rules that we need to follow as an EU and German company, and this ToS covers those needs directly. Having said that though, we recognize that not every game or community has the same needs. We are currently working on a set of rules that will be unique to Hex and will address our players needs as best as we can, while still complying with the laws we must adhere to. We are working on those changes right now and will keep you all informed as we progress. Given that these rules require legal time to look over them, they wont happen overnight, but they are a very high priority for us.
    I just want to take a second and thank Gameforge for taking the time to respond and communicate their intentions for the TOS changes.

Many of us were confused/slightly concerned about the TOS update/requirements and this puts a lot of those worries to ease.

If possible it would mean A LOT to people to get clarification on the "6 months of not accepting = deletion of account". Many people were KS backers and take breaks from the game, and the idea that their investments could be wiped out has a lot of people worried.

As always, keep up the good work with bug testing, server maintenance and transaction management!
    KS Backer King Tier
    Hex Streamer: http://sithos.tv

Better late than never. Thanks for the update. A simple "we're working on it" was all I was looking for.

Thank you for letting us know that you're addressing this. I look forward to the final product.

The Transcended
    I’d like to take a moment to address some of the concerns that players have about the transition of the publishing responsibilities for Hex. We are currently looking at how our terms of service fits with Hex as a game and a community. Our intention is to continue to operate the game with the same values and focus that Hex Entertainment has had up until now. Gameforge uses a central Terms of Service agreement that is applied to every game we publish. One of the reasons for that is there are very strict rules that we need to follow as an EU and German company, and this ToS covers those needs directly. Having said that though, we recognize that not every game or community has the same needs. We are currently working on a set of rules that will be unique to Hex and will address our players needs as best as we can, while still complying with the laws we must adhere to. We are working on those changes right now and will keep you all informed as we progress. Given that these rules require legal time to look over them, they won’t happen overnight, but they are a very high priority for us.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing the Hex-specific Rules update.

This has been a very high priority for you guys for almost 3 weeks now (not counting the time you obviously spent prior to the announcement dealing with this serious issue, which would amount to over 4 months). Would you mind sharing an update on this topic before this thread gets buried and forgotten?