Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Uruunaz appearance frequency be raised now?

Gigantisaur

Should Uruunaz appearance frequency be raised now?

My answer is yes.

The AI update has made the Arena much more viable. I remember DataDragon posting stats that 10% of runs Uruunaz gets beaten, 10% of runs it beats his opponent and 80% don't get to see ot at all, because the run was aborted before he showed its ugly snout.

With Arena being more difficult now, it stands to reason that the 2nd and 3rd numbers will rise, so in order to keep the number of successful Uruunaz battles at about par, it has to appear more often. Maybe even four times as often as before.

Devs - please change the frequency of Uruunaz appearances in the Frost Ring Arena!
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Gigantisaur
    I'm all in for a yes here.

I'm away at the moment so haven't even tried the "new" AI but I'd be behind the change to Uruu for sure.
    It could even be a thing where once you've beaten him he's too ashamed to face you again so it would prevent any farming if the encounter rate were increased.

Sure sure, but the whole Arena needs it's AI redesigned before this happens. Uruunaz's passive should be something else, Xarlox should have Uruunaz's passive, and Xarlox's active should be it's passive. Just for starters. Am i the only one who's bothered by the dissonance in their tone & flavor? Uruunaz's passive clearly belongs on the Spider.
    Last edited by selpai; 11-12-2015 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by selpai View Post
    Sure sure, but the whole Arena needs it's AI redesigned before this happens. Uruunaz's passive should be something else, Xarlox should have Uruunaz's passive, and Xarlox's active should be it's passive. Just for starters. Am i the only one who's bothered by the dissonance in their tone & flavor? Uruunaz's passive clearly belongs on the Spider.
    And change War Bot's to "destroy all non-artifact troops" while you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by selpai View Post
    I'd say you are wrong about Uruunaz. The encounter is designed to emulate the ability of the card Uruunaz, and to do that it requires cards in the graveyard - without that constant bury effect it would be rather weak.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by eimerian View Post
    +1

Agreed! It's already ridiculous that he gains charges so insanely fast that he can trigger a 10 charge hero power every 2-3 turns. It's already ridiculous that he board wipes EVERYTHING and not just troops. Does he need to void everything as well? At least if the cards were destroyed and sent to the discard there would be other decks that were viable against War Bot instead of just super fast aggro and artifact decks.

+1

Uruunaz spawn rate will go up automatically with the new AI. I can't find the exact forum post at the moment, but I remember an official response about Uruunaz that they don't care how often he spawns, but rather how often he dies. In order to avoid too much gold getting injected in the economy (thus producing inflation), he can't die too often. However, if the Arena is significantly harder than it was, he will spawn much more often so his death rate remains stable.