Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Cyriius for winning the 5th IQ!

Quote Originally Posted by YourOpponent View Post
    In regards to streaming vs stream sniping my opinion is that stream snipers should not receive their rewards from the tournament for stream sniping...same as streamers shouldn't be able to stream without having a delay at the least (or the stream not being live.) Do I enjoy watching streams of my favorite streamers? Yes, but quite a few streamers I've seen talk about doing one thing in a tournament and then they do something else, because somebody pointed out something they otherwise didn't notice...which makes me think streamers should have at least a TEN MINUTE DELAY on their streams whenever they're in a tournament too otherwise they also don't receive prizes.

Do I think that's fair to those that just stream or their viewers? No, but that's the best solution I can come across that is balanced and helps keep either side getting as much of an advantage as possible to prevent.
    That is one decent solution. It does make the stream not as interesting though.

Ok, wait... let me get this straight.

A player in the top 8 was LIVE STREAMING his competitive play. That was... very, very stupid.

Then a player he was playing against, IN THE FINALS, watches his stream while they are playing, thus being able to see exactly what is in his opponent's hand? That's called CHEATING. And it should be grounds for immediate disqualification if proven. I'd even be behind a temporary Hex account ban if proven.

Then the cheater ADMITS TO CHEATING? That was... perhaps even more stupid than live streaming.

And now the community team is deleting posts on a thread criticizing all of this?

Did I just wake up in very stupid land today?

/post deletion in 10... 9....

People keep calling it cheating but no one can quote any rules that prohibit it other than super vague ones which could equally apply to streaming and reading chat.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can SHOUT ABOUT IT BEING CHEATING.
    Your sig is probably embarrassing.

Looking at another players cards without using in game mechanics to do so is cheating. That's obvious. You can cry and say there are no specifically don't cheat rules in the rules. But it's clearly against the spirit of the game, it's not vague, or ambiguous. It's cut and dry, you're looking at information you shouldn't have to gain an advantage, doesn't matter if you hacked the client, your opponents computer, the reflection in his sunglasses, or his stream. You're scum.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by stiii View Post
    People keep calling it cheating but no one can quote any rules that prohibit it other than super vague ones which could equally apply to streaming and reading chat.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can SHOUT ABOUT IT BEING CHEATING.
    Let's play poker for money. Now, let me look at your hand. Or let my buddy stand behind you with a mirror held up so I can see your hand.

Am I cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by stiii View Post

This.

It's not really cheating. Is it ethical? Not really. But it certainly isn't cheating. I don't know the situation that occurred today in the IQ but reading these comments in this thread is really confusing. It's like when something happens that a few people don't agree with (it's literally always the same people) then they just lead a mob and go after the person involved. I play Cyriius all the time in game and am happy that he won and hope that he does well in the Invitational despite all of the backlash he is getting for whatever he might or might not have done "wrong."

Streaming an event such as this has its risks. Streaming it with no delay and no card blocker of any kind is just asinine. I can understand if Neo wants to do it because, you know, he won one already, but anyone else doing it is just -begging- to get sniped. There is a lot of money on the line here and I don't fault anyone for trying to gain any advantage they can within the rules of the game. I can't say that I wouldn't be tempted to do the same thing and I'm sure that many others feel the same way.

That said, some of these "solutions" are ludicrous. Requiring streamers to stream with a ten minute delay? Outlawing streaming? Is this real life? You can't enforce either of those things and if Hex adds third party sites like Twitch into their tournament rules then it's not really a game that I want to be involved in. I don't even want to begin to discuss the notion of people discussing plays as they happen over skype screen sharing or vent or whatever means of communication guilds choose to use. There are "legal" ways of cheating that can't be proven.

I think the forum warriors can take off their armor and put away their swords for this one. Fight another battle.
    Last edited by jtatta; 11-14-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaemishM View Post
    Let's play poker for money. Now, let me look at your hand. Or let my buddy stand behind you with a mirror held up so I can see your hand.

Am I cheating?
    This is a ridiculous comparison to what is actually being discussed and you know it.

When someone streams, they have several options:
    1. Do I bother streaming?
    2. Do I use a delay?
    3. Do I use a card blocker?
    4. Do I read chat?
    etc, etc etc

In your example, you are leaving your opponent with no options. You're playing for money and you're handicapping him. The end. Not even close to the same thing.

I think rather than letting streamers make those types of decisions that will influence their game and others games downstream, upstream HEX should just flip everyone's hands face up. Draft should also show everyone's card pools, with an 8 screen view as they make each pick. Sealed should also show all the cards, and show your opponents reserve choices.

LOL...

If you want to just let everyone be personally accountable for their own actions, those actions should not effect others. Unfortunately, with streaming globally, they do.

I don't want to live in a world where streamers are persecuted by their ability to enable others, but everyone needs to take accountability for their actions. This is just really muddy, unless everyone is okay with team-play, and sniping as the norm.

People are paying to play this game.. It's not that different than poker.. I wouldn't laugh at that analogy at all.
    Last edited by nicosharp; 11-14-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Seriously, how stupid do some people have to be?

If you look at your opponent's hand in a card game that does not allow you to see your opponent's hand, YOU ARE CHEATING. There is no gray area there. If the game does not allow you to normally see your opponent's hand without some form of card like Subterranean Spy, then you are cheating if you use any means to see your opponent's hand.

Now, I absolutely agree that if your opponent enables you to see his hand by streaming a game live, well your opponent is a dumbass. However, even in the case of said dumbassery, you are still responsible for playing within the rules of the game which does include not looking at your opponent's hand. I am amazed, gobsmacked that anyone would even try to argue otherwise.

Gigantisaur
    If I leave my shed unlocked I don't deserve or expect to have someone walk in off the street and steal my bike. However if my bike is stolen I feel stoopid and would be more careful next time. I probably don't expect to get my bike back BUT if someone uses social media or calls me up bragging about how easy it was to get my bike and thanking me for leaving the shed unlocked I would be livid. I would report the content and expect action. Decent people don't steal the bike, some even knock on the door to warn the owner.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL