Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 562

Thread: Issues with stream sniping

  1. #1

    Issues with stream sniping

    So stream sniping.
    First of all it is also the fault of the streamer obviously, never a good idea to stream a tournament like this with no reasonable delay but let's get over that.

    The issue here is basically the same as was in the case of the splitting, people openly admitting and having no shame about particular underhanded means. These things do happen but as a community we should not accept and encourage it, even if shaming players is a bad thing, examples have to be made that we are not OK with these, especially when he does it for reasons like "my opponent was salty about our last game", I mean really, how old are you?

    Obviously HXE can't forbid personal streaming of tournaments like these because the game needs popularity and there will be most likely no rule changes however I still think that it's important to express our discontent.
    IGN: rwnkrs

  2. #2
    We've had a hundred+ page thread about this at least once in the past. It doesn't break any rules and it's not something that can be policed.

    Stream with a long delay if you're worried about it.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

  3. #3
    We need better tournament rules and better enforcing of them and also a clear line what is allowed and what not. I would totally enforce no streaming of tournaments which involve money on the line till the tournament is over. Also we need better guide lines for streaming content. Sniping itself seems to be legal under current rules but for me it's still getting a possible unfair advantage over people who didn't get someone to stream their opponents or future opponents.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    We've had a hundred+ page thread about this at least once in the past. It doesn't break any rules and it's not something that can be policed.

    Stream with a long delay if you're worried about it.
    100% this.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    We've had a hundred+ page thread about this at least once in the past. It doesn't break any rules and it's not something that can be policed.

    Stream with a long delay if you're worried about it.
    I understand that, all I'm saying that we shouldn't support people who openly do it and we should complain when it happens.
    IGN: rwnkrs

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rwn View Post
    I understand that, all I'm saying that we shouldn't support people who openly do it and we should complain when it happens.
    Why? They don't care if people support them. The forums are such minority of the player base, if the person doesn't read the forums they won't even know about it. I'm pretty sure someone isn't going to lose sleep over the choice of going to California or not having random internet people they don't even know angry at them, I know I wouldn't.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    Why? They don't care if people support them. The forums are such minority of the player base, if the person doesn't read the forums they won't even know about it. I'm pretty sure someone isn't going to lose sleep over the choice of going to California or not having random internet people they don't even know angry at them, I know I wouldn't.
    That may be the case now but the forumers/players ratio can change later.
    Also if some famous streamer does it - who I can't name unless I want my post deleted - their viewer numbers can be affected which actually matters.
    IGN: rwnkrs

  8. #8
    I don't have any respect for someone who has to cheat to win...

    Edit: CZE does care. Curious how this will turn out XD
    Last edited by darkwonders; 11-14-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: CZE Does care! I've been made a fool >.>
    ---------

    I’d like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

    ----------

    Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwonders View Post
    But since CZE doesn't seem to care, then it's really none of my business how people win. I never stream so it'll never affect me directly.
    It's not possible for CZE to police this issue in a fair way, what exactly do you expect them to do?
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwonders View Post
    But since CZE doesn't seem to care, then it's really none of my business how people win. I never stream so it'll never affect me directly.
    We actually do care. The situation needs to be investigated first and needs to be done appropriately even if there is nothing that can be done. I've received a few PMs that I've forwarded to other team members to look at and check to see if what was done was against the tournament rules.

    We have to let the right people make the right calls.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG


    "It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •