Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    It doesn't rule out that you'd never see another Samhain, Gozer, Terror Dogs, etc... only that those versions will remain KS exclusive. Put down the pitchforks fellows.

They know the errors they made, and Sara has said they have stuff in the pipeline.

Like I said before, doing a new expansion with Gozer/ Dogs having new sculpts and new ability cards and new tiles seems like a good way to keep the originals exclusive and fufill the KS promise while expanding options for players who missed the KS and for some reason don't look for deals on the secondary market (note- most of the exclusives I sold were in the range of $7-15 for the figures, which isn't unreasonable).

I'd also note for those championing making the 'recognizable' figures from the movie over lesser known characters from the books- once all of those big name characters get made, interest would naturally wane anyway since people would have what they want. It has to be a balance of lesser known ghosts with the big guys to stretch interest over years. You don't want to blow that customer base by giving thek exactly what they want off the bat. If you do, there's no reason for them to hang around.

When you break it down, there really weren't many Ghosts in the Ghostbusters movies at all. Maybe 20 different ones total. Once they are made, you lose the hook to pull in 'movie only' fans. I like the idea of lesser known characters, as it gets me interested in the comics and revisiting the cartoon and video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    I'd also note for those championing making the 'recognizable' figures from the movie over lesser known characters from the books- once all of those big name characters get made, interest would naturally wane anyway since people would have what they want. It has to be a balance of lesser known ghosts with the big guys to stretch interest over years. You don't want to blow that customer base by giving thek exactly what they want off the bat. If you do, there's no reason for them to hang around.
    Well said.

Like I said before, doing a new expansion with Gozer/ Dogs having new sculpts and new ability cards and new tiles seems like a good way to keep the originals exclusive and fufill the KS promise while expanding options for players who missed the KS and for some reason don't look for deals on the secondary market (note- most of the exclusives I sold were in the range of $7-15 for the figures, which isn't unreasonable).
    But that wouldn't fulfill the KS promise, because they also promised no variations of exclusive characters ever!
    And that's where the cookie crumbles!

No offense, but if I were the owner of a company and one of my employees made such a stupid(read business breaking) promise, that guy would have been fired ages ago. Or at least demoted and transfered to the postal department!

If I remember right form the campaign, they padded that statement. They said they weren't planning on doing it, but they didn't promise that they wouldn't ever do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
    But that wouldn't fulfill the KS promise, because they also promised no variations of exclusive characters ever!
    And that's where the cookie crumbles!

No offense, but if I were the owner of a company and one of my employees made such a stupid(read business breaking) promise, that guy would have been fired ages ago. Or at least demoted and transfered to the postal department!
    Could you link to where this was said? I followed the campaign from the beginning and never saw anyone from Cryptozoic state that. Maybe I missed that somewhere.

I'm trying to find it again, but will not read through 40k comments to do so. If I remember right, some people were concerned about how exclusive the exclusives will be and if they would be rereleased in different colors or sculpt and after checking back with the bosses, Sara answered they won't do that, because exclusive means exclusive!

Edit:
    Don't have to read through 40k comments. Sara already confirmed it in this very thread here:
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post547311
    backers demanded that figs be exclusive, regardless of color, sculpt, etc. We obliged.
    Last edited by Skyknight; 01-31-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Here's a thought. Do another Kickstarter with just the expansion pieces. I backed the original and wish that I had gotten a few more pieces/expansion packs. That would keep it KS exclusive and give people who either didn't back the original or couldn't or, like me, wish they had gotten more now that we are actually playing the game the chance to get what they want. As far as I can tell that would solve all the issues all the way around.

I Agree with Alxndrxvier . Keeping the Stretch goals within the Kickstarter realm I don't believe would break Cryptozoic's word to the backers. Remember Kickstarter Exclusive Says nothing about which Kickstarter they are exclusive to. Simply that they are exclusive to Kickstarter. Maybe during the Ghostbusters 2 Kickstarter (if they do another one Fingers crossed. ) They could offer these up as a kickstarter Exclusive Add on or something of that nature. Even if someone couldn't afford pay for say a mass Hysteria level pledge they might be able to create an add on pledge level for those who cant afford the more expensive pledge levels but still would like to be able to purchase some of the Exclusive figures from the first Kickstarter. I want everyone to enjoy this game with those figures too, but to simply put them out on retail for everyone to buy at there leisure I feel would be a slap in the face to those backers who pledged there hard earned money to reach those stretch goals to have those figures created for the game. They Were never Guarranteed to even be in the game unless we reached those stretch goals. All the backers Deserve to have those figures remain only Available on Kickstarters for Ghostbusters as a reward for backing the game in some aspect. Fair is fair and a promise was made and should be kept. Just my 2 cents. Also Don't forget there wouldn't even be a Ghostbuster game period without the support from the backers. not trying to ruffle anyones feathers who thinks they should go retail. I backed this Game and was glad to be a part of it. I feel the exclusives are an ample reward for making this game a reality. Quote from Peter Venkman. "I love this Plan! I'm Glad to be a Part of it!"
    Last edited by stevenbiggie; 02-01-2016 at 04:01 AM.

It doesn't rule out that you'd never see another Samhain, Gozer, Terror Dogs, etc... only that those versions will remain KS exclusive. Put down the pitchforks fellows.

They know the errors they made, and Sara has said they have stuff in the pipeline.

When you break it down, there really weren't many Ghosts in the Ghostbusters movies at all. Maybe 20 different ones total. Once they are made, you lose the hook to pull in 'movie only' fans. I like the idea of lesser known characters, as it gets me interested in the comics and revisiting the cartoon and video games.
    Krusticlese I get the point you're making. "don't release them all at once" you're right, putting everything out at once would also hinder the game longevity wise just as much as if they aren't released at all at retail. a good balance would be releasing 1 or 2 of the stretch goal bosses per expansion as well as some more obscure or recognizable ghosts from the cartoon, toy line, the video game and IDW comics.

for example let's say expansion one has the vinz clortho, Sam Hain, the big boogaloo, some fearsome flushes, some grabber ghosts, some bellhop ghosts and Janine along with the sedgewick tiles and some scenarios.
    for expansion two "library of madness" theme, it would have the librarian and Shandor, Big Cthulhu, some cthulhu spawn, some wrapper ghosts, some crustos, the library tiles and Kylie, with some scenarios.

and so on and so forth. this way it maximizes longevity and allows for everything to get released eventually without just releasing all the stretch goal stuff in one expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alxndrxvier View Post
    Here's a thought. Do another Kickstarter with just the expansion pieces. I backed the original and wish that I had gotten a few more pieces/expansion packs. That would keep it KS exclusive and give people who either didn't back the original or couldn't or, like me, wish they had gotten more now that we are actually playing the game the chance to get what they want. As far as I can tell that would solve all the issues all the way around.
    that's not how kickstarter works. Kickstarter is a platform for people to crowdfund a project that will eventually go to retail like a video game, a board game, a card game, inventions, etc. it's a way for people to cover the production/licensing/marketing/distribution costs from potential customers. it's not meant to be an online shop.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenbiggie View Post
    I want everyone to enjoy this game with those figures too, but to simply put them out on retail for everyone to buy at there leisure I feel would be a slap in the face to those backers who pledged there hard earned money to reach those stretch goals to have those figures created for the game. They Were never Guarranteed to even be in the game unless we reached those stretch goals. All the backers Deserve to have those figures remain only Available on Kickstarters for Ghostbusters as a reward for backing the game in some aspect. Fair is fair and a promise was made and should be kept. Just my 2 cents. Also Don't forget there wouldn't even be a Ghostbuster game period without the support from the backers. not trying to ruffle anyones feathers who thinks they should go retail. I backed this Game and was glad to be a part of it. I feel the exclusives are an ample reward for making this game a reality. Quote from Peter Venkman. "I love this Plan! I'm Glad to be a Part of it!"
    the only problem is that all kickstarter projects that I've seen outside of this one in particular DIDN'T MAKE THE STRETCH GOALS KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVES! stretch goals are meant to be the bonuses and stuff that get added to the final retail release of the product getting funded. the stretch goals should NEVER have been marked as kickstarter exclusives in the first place! as I've said before, the extras for the mass hysteria level (Tobin's, sandman, GitD Slimer and dice, the impossible mode stuff, the taxi drivers, and the spectral ghostbusters) that's fine, I understand having those remain as KS exclusives because they were for a high tier pledge and only that tier of pledge or higher and they weren't marked as stretch goals. the problem is that the ones actually marked as STRETCH GOALS were made available at the most basic tier of just pre-ordering the retail version of the base game. I feel making the stretch goal ghosts, ghostbusters, and tiles available at retail and keeping the rest KS exclusive is a fair compromise to make everyone happy.