Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115
  1. #101
    Well, if the backers demanded it- we've got no one but ourselves to blame for not being louder than they were during the campaign.

  2. #102
    I'll also go on record that the phrase 'a slap in the face' is thrown around way too often these days. lol

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    Well, if the backers demanded it- we've got no one but ourselves to blame for not being louder than they were during the campaign.
    Yep. Nobody saw the consequences of the poor decision CZE made, especially CZE. But, yeah, let's blame ourselves for this. . . or we could simply blame the people who keep complaining about the idea of making the things non-Exclusive. Yeah, I think I'll simply blame Krusti and his ilk and not blame myself.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by DocX View Post
    Yep. Nobody saw the consequences of the poor decision CZE made, especially CZE. But, yeah, let's blame ourselves for this. . . or we could simply blame the people who keep complaining about the idea of making the things non-Exclusive. Yeah, I think I'll simply blame Krusti and his ilk and not blame myself.
    Is there a reason you are being hostile? What does "I'll simply blame Krusti and his ilk" mean?

    I'll be happy with any expansions and another Kickstarter, regardless if we don't see any of those original KS exclusives reprinted. Just more of a reason for my friends I've gotten into the game to come on over for a visit and some gaming!

    For the record, I don't care what Cryptozoic does, but I understand the situation they made by promising those characters remain KS exclusive. Perhaps they should conduct a poll of their original backers to gauge an opinion on releasing them retail or not. Either way, they'll likely appear as the boss pack again in the next KS.
    Last edited by Krusticlese; 02-02-2016 at 08:45 PM.

  5. #105
    If there is a new kickstarter coming I really hope it isnt within the next month or so, since I have backed another very famous 80's pop culture icon board game on kickstarter and my spending money for at least the next month is now gone!

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    Is there a reason you are being hostile? What does "I'll simply blame Krusti and his ilk" mean?
    You have consistently promoted the idea that the figures should not be reprinted and CZE should be held to their word. I think the "promise" they made was naive and they should be given a mulligan on that to be able to reprint/resculpt and release some of the more iconic figures of the franchise (Gozer, Zuul, Walter Peck, et. al).

    And I don't think it's hostile to point out when blame is being incorrectly placed and point out where blame should be placed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    I'll be happy with any expansions and another Kickstarter, regardless if we don't see any of those original KS exclusives reprinted. Just more of a reason for my friends I've gotten into the game to come on over for a visit and some gaming!
    And, as a former game store owner and a current purchaser of goods from local game stores, I think getting games like this on shelves instead of relegating them to Kickstarter exclusively is a good idea and would get more people to see and purchase the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    For the record, I don't care what Cryptozoic does [...]
    For the record, I do care what Cryptozoic does. That's why I've been active in this thread. Curious why, if you don't care, you've been so active. Okay, not actually curious, but pointing it out.

  7. #107
    Baby Yeti
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernodragon1 View Post
    the only problem is that all kickstarter projects that I've seen outside of this one in particular DIDN'T MAKE THE STRETCH GOALS KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVES! stretch goals are meant to be the bonuses and stuff that get added to the final retail release of the product getting funded. the stretch goals should NEVER have been marked as kickstarter exclusives in the first place! as I've said before, the extras for the mass hysteria level (Tobin's, sandman, GitD Slimer and dice, the impossible mode stuff, the taxi drivers, and the spectral ghostbusters) that's fine, I understand having those remain as KS exclusives because they were for a high tier pledge and only that tier of pledge or higher and they weren't marked as stretch goals. the problem is that the ones actually marked as STRETCH GOALS were made available at the most basic tier of just pre-ordering the retail version of the base game. I feel making the stretch goal ghosts, ghostbusters, and tiles available at retail and keeping the rest KS exclusive is a fair compromise to make everyone happy.
    I'm not trying to throw fuel on a fire here, but I backed the Zombicide: Black Plague Kickstarter and they had a mix of Kickstarter Exclusive stretch goals and non-exclusive stretch goals (that will go to retail once they have all been produced). I could go back and take a look at what the ratio was, but only if someone asks. My understanding is that they have done this for all the Zombicide Kickstarters.

    That said, after playing this game a friend of mine is buying a retail copy of it and was asking how much of the extra stuff won't be in it. He was a little disappointed at how much less he is getting, but still excited to get to play the game when I'm not there.

    As a Mass Hysteria backer, I would be fine with the idea of offering a new sculpt/ new color variation of the "KS exclusive" ghosts in the GB2 KS or even in retail. I wouldn't even care if they keep the ghost mechanics for the character the same. I want to see this game succeed so that I can buy and play more expansions of it.

    It WOULD be nice if the Mass Hysteria only (Sandman, etc) stuff stayed exclusive to this KS. That way I still have something that nobody else has.

    Rereading, I essentially agree with Infernodragon1.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by DocX View Post
    You have consistently promoted the idea that the figures should not be reprinted and CZE should be held to their word. I think the "promise" they made was naive and they should be given a mulligan on that to be able to reprint/resculpt and release some of the more iconic figures of the franchise (Gozer, Zuul, Walter Peck, et. al).
    Naive or not, it was a promise. If they polled the backers and a majority didn't have an issue with a direct to retail release- go for it. If they do have an issue- explore if alt sculpts with new cards would be OK. There are options. I wouldn't turn down a new Gozer.

    And I don't think it's hostile to point out when blame is being incorrectly placed and point out where blame should be placed.
    You were directing your hostility toward me directly, when Sara had said that the backers demanded the exclusivity. That's the fault of anyone who didn't speak up during the campaign to combat that direction and is currently upset by it. Cryptozoic went on the loudest feedback they received. Personally, I feel what's done is done. Just have a game plan on how to keep legs on the game. Maybe you could drop a suggestion on how to do that while keeping the promise they made, like I did?



    And, as a former game store owner and a current purchaser of goods from local game stores, I think getting games like this on shelves instead of relegating them to Kickstarter exclusively is a good idea and would get more people to see and purchase the game.
    See, I think retailers need to adapt to Kickstarter and online sales rather than have special exceptions made for them. Learn to compete. Buy pledges like anyone else and sell the figures in store individually, or as an entire Mass Hysteria pledge at a discount over individual prices. There's a ton that could be done. If you can't adapt, you close your doors (as I'm sure you are aware).



    the record, I do care what Cryptozoic does. That's why I've been active in this thread. Curious why, if you don't care, you've been so active. Okay, not actually curious, but pointing it out.
    As someone who backed for a bunch of the exclusives because they wouldn't be available in retail, I was offering an alternative solution that would maintain the original promise and offer additional content for everyone. Had I known all would eventually be released in retail, I may not have backed the project and could have earned interest on that $400 for the 9+ months in the interim.

    I'm active in this thread because as we saw before, the loudest people are who gets listened too. I don't think that a straight release is the best solution so I want to ensure that alternate solutions are presented and considered as well in order to grow the game and the player base, same as you. You can't do that by pissing off the original backers though. It's a fine line, and I do not envy their position.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchyAaron View Post
    I'm not trying to throw fuel on a fire here, but I backed the Zombicide: Black Plague Kickstarter and they had a mix of Kickstarter Exclusive stretch goals and non-exclusive stretch goals (that will go to retail once they have all been produced). I could go back and take a look at what the ratio was, but only if someone asks. My understanding is that they have done this for all the Zombicide Kickstarters.

    That said, after playing this game a friend of mine is buying a retail copy of it and was asking how much of the extra stuff won't be in it. He was a little disappointed at how much less he is getting, but still excited to get to play the game when I'm not there.

    As a Mass Hysteria backer, I would be fine with the idea of offering a new sculpt/ new color variation of the "KS exclusive" ghosts in the GB2 KS or even in retail. I wouldn't even care if they keep the ghost mechanics for the character the same. I want to see this game succeed so that I can buy and play more expansions of it.

    It WOULD be nice if the Mass Hysteria only (Sandman, etc) stuff stayed exclusive to this KS. That way I still have something that nobody else has.

    Rereading, I essentially agree with Infernodragon1.
    Like I pointed out before, the Zombicide games are a very different case. On there the exclusives are either different sculpts of original figures(like female versions of the abominations), that play the same rulewise, or characters from other franchises that are completely optional(you don't need them because there's enough diversity in the playable characters you can get in the different base games and expansions).
    That works with survivors in a Zombie scenario, because anybody can be a survivor in those. But you simply can't make characters from other movies and TV series become Ghostbusters, it doesn't work this way in our game. If there is only a limited amount of characters that you can choose from, none of them should become exclusive. They should have been also included in the retail version or held back for a later expansion. Same with the iconic ghosts and the floortiles from movie locations.

    Impossible Mode Stay Puft makes a great exclusive, IM of the other boss ghosts would've been great exclusive, too. Different sculpts of the player characters would've been good exclusives(like looking more like Real Ghostbusters cartoon or something). More Ghostbusters to choose from and the most recognizable ghosts from the cartoons? Really, really bad choice for exclusives, all of those would've been better in an expansion!

    Now that all those things are in the MH already, I don't think I would buy an expansion at all, because I already do have all the best stuff.
    If those things would've come in an expansion also, I would've bought that expansion in addition to the retail game instead of wasting more money for the MH on the geek market and my money would've gone to Cryptozoic instead of a private reseller. Now the only thing I could see me buying would be GB2!

  10. #110
    Going to say my peace on this, then leave. It seems CZE is sticking to their guns (from what Sara said)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    You were directing your hostility toward me directly, when Sara had said that the backers demanded the exclusivity. That's the fault of anyone who didn't speak up during the campaign to combat that direction and is currently upset by it.
    Ahh, so since I backed, but didn't jump onto the Kickstarter forum and instead was here on the Cryptozoic forum, it's all my fault. And all those people who didn't hear about the Kickstarter and would have liked the set, but it's too late now, it's all their fault. "Too bad, we got ours, you can sod off" I can hear the small, vocal minority on the Kickstarter forums say.

    Also, I'd go back through my Kickstarter e-mails to see if there was an update that said "Hey, we're thinking about keeping all these popular figures only for the backers and not releasing them ever again. What do you think?" to see if I actually missed it, but since it's not gonna change, why waste the effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    Maybe you could drop a suggestion on how to do that while keeping the promise they made, like I did?
    I did. Then I watched the thread to see follow ups. And I saw you post again and again and again saying "Welp, nothing we can do. It sucks, but whatever" or words to that effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    See, I think retailers need to adapt to Kickstarter and online sales rather than have special exceptions made for them. Learn to compete. Buy pledges like anyone else and sell the figures in store individually, or as an entire Mass Hysteria pledge at a discount over individual prices. There's a ton that could be done. If you can't adapt, you close your doors (as I'm sure you are aware).
    Nice back-handed swipe there. I closed because of family matters having nothing to do with being able to adapt. Also, my suggestion of making the figures/cards available was not making a special exception. It is standard practice for folks who make a product to want to be able to sell that product. That involves retailers (and distributors).

    But I'll say your suggestion that all retailers need to do is adapt is absolutely true and supremely naive. The number of things a business owner needs to keep track of is tremendous. Pre-orders, re-stocking, keeping up with local and industry trends, plus all the things dealing with keeping doors open (rent, electricity, water, internet, taxes, employees, etc). Yeah, they need to adapt, but many likely have a severe time deficit they're already dealing with. Also, game store owners aren't getting rich. But sure, Mr. Internet Commentator, how about you weigh in on what other people should do. Seems a thing you're comfortable with, given how you already said what other people should have done during the Kickstarter.


    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    As someone who backed for a bunch of the exclusives because they wouldn't be available in retail, I was offering an alternative solution that would maintain the original promise and offer additional content for everyone. Had I known all would eventually be released in retail, I may not have backed the project and could have earned interest on that $400 for the 9+ months in the interim.
    "I got mine. Too bad for y'all." Got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    I'm active in this thread because as we saw before, the loudest people are who gets listened too. I don't think that a straight release is the best solution [...]
    "... because then other people would have what I got and they wouldn't have had to back early and forego the almost $5 I would have gotten in interest." Got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    You can't do that by pissing off the original backers though. It's a fine line, and I do not envy their position.
    I'm an original backer and I'm pretty pissed. Admittedly, it's not CZE that's pissing me off. They're merely disappointing me. But now I'm going to do what I do whenever I get angry at the internet. Leave and stop interacting with supremely irritating people.

    Cheers!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •