Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Sara,
    I promise I am not trying to start anything, I just had a thought.

The characters that were created as exclusives, you mention they may be available in a future Kickstarter.

Does that mean if it's an expansion kickstarter, that they could be added as retail releases in said expansion? Or does the wording 'Kickstarter' mean only available through kickstarter, never retail?

I'm sure you aren't allowed/don't have any idea regarding this...it was just a thought.

My two cents? I want them to be available in retail eventually. After all, by that time, we'll have even more exclusives we unlocked.

Rigid Buffalo
    I can answer to the best of my ability

They are exclusive to Kickstarter. They will not be sold at retail. Whether they are sold in future campaigns is still undetermined. Despite mentioning the possibility numerous times during the campaign, there seems to be a growing voice of backers that would be upset if we brought them back.
    The Yeti Handler

Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

As someone who missed out on the original campaign by mear days, I would be bitterly disappointed if they are not available in the future.

If it was me (and this may be my bias perception) this is how I would look at it:
    Yes, they should not be sold at retail, as they are kickstarter exclusive.
    But, as for not returing for future kickstarters, there are a few questions that should be asked.
    Most importantly though, Is re-releasing them as a bonus (either included or to order as an addon) in a future kickstarter going to invalidate the enjoyment of the product of the original backers?
    Even if I had been able to back at the time and had got the exclusives, I wouldnt be opposed to others being able to obtain them eventually, as they enrich the game and increase enjoyment of it - the more people who enjoy the game then the more copies that will sell and the better reputation it will have. The more copies that sell, the more chance of seeing a sequal or expansion packs - which would be a direct benefit to me.
    Sure its nice to have something exclusive that others don't have, but there is a LOT of stuff that was made exclusive and without it the vanilla game does feel a bit bare after a few playthroughs. A lot of times that I have preordered things they have contained exclusives, but usually only for a limited time. You might find that after 6 months or a year, that people are not as bothered by the idea of some of these items being made available, or they might even want to order more themselves of things! (like impossible mode ghosts) I think a fair bit of angst might be coming from people who havent got their copies yet, or who have got broken bits (from comments I have seen), and once this is resolved maybe there might be more goodwill?

Of course there is always the type of backer who invests only to get multiple games and sell the product on ebay at an inflated price after it is released, and these people would be against anything that might stop them from price gouging by selling these limited items when supply dries up. But I have to say, from the passion that I have seen in the game, I get the perception that you folks arent just about putting profit first, and you really want people to have the best gaming experience possible, so maybe you find this idea as distasteful as I do.

So yes, my fingers are indeed crossed that these limited items will return in a future kickstarter - so that I can support you in making an amazing sequal (or expansion) and buy all of them!

I fully believe they will be included in an expansion kickstarter.

While I think it would be fine if they were released a year or two later into retail, clearly the "votes" have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by sara.miguel View Post
    I can answer to the best of my ability

They are exclusive to Kickstarter. They will not be sold at retail. Whether they are sold in future campaigns is still undetermined. Despite mentioning the possibility numerous times during the campaign, there seems to be a growing voice of backers that would be upset if we brought them back.
    I feel that this is a huge mistake to not make these available at retail further down the road like 6 months to a year from now. Many would jump at the chance to get the exclusive ghosts and player characters especially those who could not afford them during the campaign or who missed the campaign entirely and didn't realize so many of the stretch goals were only exclusive to the kickstarter campaign. I personally could not afford to pre-order the game on kickstarter and by extension the exclusive ghosts due to financial issues at the time the campaign was going on. I had to save up just to get the retail version today. I'd love to run scenarios with Gozer and Sandman, and the Boogeyman, and Sam Hain and CTHULHU and the rest of the ghosts! I'd willingly pay another $84.99 or more for an expansion that included all the kickstarter grunt and boss ghosts and player characters and I'd even go as far as paying that same amount for the impossible mode versions of all the enemies too as a separate expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernodragon1 View Post
    I feel that this is a huge mistake to not make these available at retail further down the road like 6 months to a year from now. Many would jump at the chance to get the exclusive ghosts and player characters especially those who could not afford them during the campaign or who missed the campaign entirely and didn't realize so many of the stretch goals were only exclusive to the kickstarter campaign. I personally could not afford to pre-order the game on kickstarter and by extension the exclusive ghosts due to financial issues at the time the campaign was going on. I had to save up just to get the retail version today. I'd love to run scenarios with Gozer and Sandman, and the Boogeyman, and Sam Hain and CTHULHU and the rest of the ghosts! I'd willingly pay another $84.99 or more for an expansion that included all the kickstarter grunt and boss ghosts and player characters and I'd even go as far as paying that same amount for the impossible mode versions of all the enemies too as a separate expansion.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I think the designers got a bit too excited and had gone overboard with the "Exclusive" stamp, even made additional packs of standard ghosts exclusive, which makes no sense at all. IMO it would have made more sense to save all the additional content for add ons and expansions to make more money and only make alternative colors or sculpts for certain characters as exclusives.

If you missed the campaign, you can try to get one over at BGG, some ppl there sell MH for way less than on ebay. I found one from a local seller for 60% of what the scalpers on ebay take. So if you're willing to pay more, but don't want to get ripped off, save the money for the retail and get one of those.

Rigid Buffalo
    You two both make valid points, and as this was our first Kickstarter, there was definitely a learning curve. We're looking to improve for future campaigns.

That being said, we promised our backers that we would not release these to retail, and we gotta stick to that.
    The Yeti Handler

Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

and yet there are people on ebay selling the mass hysteria bonuses for outrageous prices ($250-500 per set of exclusives and $40-60 per piece for the individual boss characters.) from their pre-orders and you guys aren't seeing a cent of that. and people are buying from them just to get a hold of the stuff they missed out on during the kickstarter campaign. the demand is there, and scalpers are taking advantage of both you guys AND your customer base and its a problem because they're including the kickstarter version of the base game with the exclusives. that means less people buying the game from you guys or at retail and more going to these ebay scalpers.

I know you guys want to keep your promise to your kickstarter backers but when keeping that promise means scalpers taking advantage of your customers and your guys' trust and this promise hurting everyone in the long run(you guys, the other backers, the rest of your customer base, Ghostbuster fans, potential future customers) is it really worth it?

Look, I understand not wanting them to make them available so soon after retail release of the base game, that would be a betrayal of trust between you and your backers, I completely understand that. However, to NEVER make retail versions of those exclusives could be seen as a slap in the face to the rest of your customer base as well as Ghostbuster fans in general who want to play out encounters from the movies and cartoon with the boardgame like the climactic rooftop battle with Gozer, Zuul, and Vinz Clortho or the showdown with Cthulhu and his Cthulhu spawn, or the Halloween ghost swarm brought about by Sam Hain, or the battle with the Gray Lady from the videogame. to say that the majority of us who wanted to wait for the retail version to come out, for whatever the reason may be, can NEVER experience these scenarios solely because we missed the kickstarter just feels wrong somehow.

I truly think no one would be upset with you guys if you made them available for retail later on, like maybe a year from now or closer to the retail release of the Ghostbusters 2 themed expansion with Vigo and the Scalary brothers you guys were thinking about making. I think both backers and the rest of your customer base would be okay with having the kickstarter exclusive ghosts and characters from the first campaign available at retail after enough time had passed.
    Last edited by Infernodragon1; 12-21-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Sara,
    I respect the promise made.

To everyone else, I'd like to point you to GBfans.com's shop, where they are only being sold for maybe 5-10 dollars more than the kickstarter.

I am normally a complainer of GBfans, but I will say that this time, they are doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    Sara,
    I respect the promise made.

To everyone else, I'd like to point you to GBfans.com's shop, where they are only being sold for maybe 5-10 dollars more than the kickstarter.

I am normally a complainer of GBfans, but I will say that this time, they are doing the right thing.
    Yes, they got the best prices of the resellers. But it only makes sense for US customers. For everyone elsewhere in the world, the shipping costs kills it. I've done the math and just 5-6 of the packs with shipping and import tax would have cost me almost as much as a complete MH from a scalper in my own country and still be missing things compared to the MH. So it made no sense to me and when I found one for sale at BGG from a fellow german at 60% of the price the ebay scalpers her in Ger take, I didn't think twice and bought it. Still paid more than the people on KS paid, but not nearly as much as some people would've loved to take from me.

@Sara
    Like I said before, I appreciate that you ppl at CZE take your promise seriously. Shows us all that your word is worth something after all. I just think the promise was given too fast and without putting too much thought into it beforehand and has put more stones in your way than it helped you!