Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rigid Buffalo
    Inferno, just out of curiosity, have you participated in Kickstarters? I only ask because I know for a fact backers will be incredibly unhappy if we release this content at a later date. They have voiced that opinion publicly and privately (private messages on KS, etc.).

I'm not saying your wrong either, but we made a promise.
    The Yeti Handler

Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by sara.miguel View Post
    Inferno, just out of curiosity, have you participated in Kickstarters? I only ask because I know for a fact backers will be incredibly unhappy if we release this content at a later date. They have voiced that opinion publicly and privately (private messages on KS, etc.).

I'm not saying your wrong either, but we made a promise.
    I am unable to participate in kickstarters because of my personal financial situation. even if I could participate I'd probably only be able to donate the bare minimum to a project and still be able to skirt by on the amount I have to set aside for food, gas, and bills each month. which means I STILL wouldn't have been able to pre-order the mass hysteria bonuses even if I did have enough to donate to the base level of the campaign. I had to save up and set money aside just to get the retail version. I was really hoping those extras would be made available at retail later on so I could save up and buy them to play those scenarios with my friends.

I respect that you guys are willing to stick to your guns but I want to know one thing before I have to make the walk of shame and tell my friends and my local game store owner the bad news.

exactly how many of the backers complained to make you guys promise not to make the exclusives available at retail? I'm not asking for names or anything like that, I just want a number. of the 8,396 backers how many complained?

I think they should come back for the next kickstarter, but any new special items should be 'exclusive' for the first 12 months after release. Then they should be available for all to purchase.

I have to say, it bums me out that the bonus characters are all locked out for non-KS people. I think they add a lot to the game, and you pretty much covered every single character that's ever donned a proton pack outside of Louis and Slimer, so it seems like your only room for expansion that way is through the new movie(s), variants of the existing characters or possibly through equipment. I guess there is Extreme Ghostbusters too, though one of them is already added.

Most of the other things, like ghosts and map tiles, there's still a lot of options you can add to through the GB Cartoon, GB2, the new movie, and there's still some stuff you can get out of the first movie (though you seem to have already used the majority of the toughest ghosts for scenario bosses). Makes me feel bad for the non-backers that they'll be stuck with only 4 characters, with no room to play around with the different character dynamics.

Kickstarter's identify has shifted recently, as the reincorporated as a Bennefit Corporation. From their Charter, "Kickstarter’s mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits." They have made it more difficult for add-on purchases within their website, which this Kickstarter (and others!) have experienced difficulty processing the more complex combinations. They would prefer to not be the middle-man for processing perks, outside of back-level rewards. Just an opinion, but the Kickstarter exclusives are those items reserved for those who got the project off the ground and being part of the launch community.

I would be perfectly fine making more of the unlock rewards retail available...but if it's got the Kickstarter Exclusive tag, please keep it off the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meankeb View Post
    Kickstarter's identify has shifted recently, as the reincorporated as a Bennefit Corporation. From their Charter, "Kickstarter’s mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits." They have made it more difficult for add-on purchases within their website, which this Kickstarter (and others!) have experienced difficulty processing the more complex combinations. They would prefer to not be the middle-man for processing perks, outside of back-level rewards. Just an opinion, but the Kickstarter exclusives are those items reserved for those who got the project off the ground and being part of the launch community.

I would be perfectly fine making more of the unlock rewards retail available...but if it's got the Kickstarter Exclusive tag, please keep it off the shelves.
    the only problem is that the large majority of the stretch goals and unlock tags were stamped as Kickstarter exclusives. fan favorites like Gozer, Zuul and Vinz Clortho, the big bads of the first film as well as the iconic Grey Lady from the library scene were stamped as EXCLUSIVES. so did Walter Peck, Ivo Shandor, the boogeyman, Sam Hain, Cthulhu, the sand man, the gozer building tiles the library/sedgewick tiles, the taxi driver zombie, a slew of generic ghosts, the tobin's spirit guide storage box, the giant boogaloo manifistation, the cthulhu spawn, the spectral Ghostbusters AND THE ADDITIONAL PLAYER CHARACTERS. almost every single stretch goal was tagged as a kickstarter exclusive! the only things not tagged as exclusives were what came in the retail version of the game which is very little compared to everything that got the exclusive stamp. even the impossible mode stuff got the exclusive stamp!

if it were just one or two pieces that were made exclusive like the spectral Ghostbusters or the glow in the dark slimer and the impossible mode ghosts I wouldn't be as upset as I am. but the fact that almost EVERYTHING was made an exclusive to such a high tier of entry and will NEVER be made available at retail later on is just INEXCUSABLE!
    Last edited by Infernodragon1; 12-25-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernodragon1 View Post
    the only problem is that the large majority of the stretch goals and unlock tags were stamped as Kickstarter exclusives.
    I'm in agreement here. I would be in favor of during the next Kickstarter, that 80% of them are released as purchasable Add-ons, and that if the community agrees (survey vote), would then be released for retail. As you mention, a quick check would be anything recognizable from the first GB movie. I think the more productive part of this thread turns to:

"If an expansion is released through Kickstarter, what miniatures (or tiles) should not be made available?"

I think the people who want to get them after market may not care about color. What if they re-released them in an ugly olive drab color, or white like Stay Puft? This way, collectors would know instantly if they were 2nd generation, and the exclusivity of the first run would remain intact. Just a thought. I don't really care. I painted mine, opened mine, it's no longer mint. I open my figures and put them on a shelf. I still keep comics mint, but that's mostly out of habit. : )

It does seem like Zuul, Vinz, and Gozer, at the very least, should be made available to retail customers... though variants of them, with different sculpts (or at least different colored sculpts) and different Ghost cards would be appropriate.

Oh, and I was a backer. I'm one of those illiterates who didn't realize the taxicab zombies didn't come with the Mass Hysteria edition, but I'm resigned to utilizing after-market web sellers to find them.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    @Brad, I think it sounds like CZE doesn't want to do that, for fear of angering the kickstarter backers.

Me personally? I want as many people to play as possible, the more pieces, the more fun.