Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    To clarify- re-releasing with just an alt sculpt would not be ok for me. It would need to be a new sculpt and new character cards with new abilities for any re-released figure.
    Why change the character cards? They have been up on the Kickstarter page for so much time that everyone who wants to play with them has saved them anyway. A reprint of them wouldn't change that much at all! But the figures themselfes have to be different to keep the exclusive status of the first edition!

To clarify- re-releasing with just an alt sculpt would not be ok for me. It would need to be a new sculpt and new character cards with new abilities for any re-released figure.
    with the ghosts I could see that but what about the player characters like Janine, Rookie, etc.? it could throw off game balancing if those were changed but I have no idea what their stats or abilities are because I can't find hi-res images of their character cards. And I find it extremely weird that the retail game came with the proton stream tokens for the extra ghostbusters but no figures or character cards for them. I mean it's like CZE fully intended the "New Ghostbusters" to be included in the retail base game with the original 4 as unpainted, solid colored figures like the original 4, but because of this mess with some of the backers over at kickstarter they got pulled from the retail version at the last minute. I dunno, it feels off to me but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

anyway, just to be clear, no one here would be opposed to having the CHARACTERS/GHOSTS from the kickstarter campaign being released at retail in some fashion (new sculpt, color change, stat tweak, ability change, etc.) to make the retail versions different from their kickstarter exclusive counterparts so that everyone could have the CHARACTERS/GHOSTS to use in the game. have we at least come to an agreement on that?

From a manufacturing perspective, it was likely easier to include them all on that one sheet. I don't think they were ever intended to be retail.

As far as the cards go, yes they are available as a .pdf, but many perfer the originals. New cards offer variety in gameplay as well for existing figures. Just my perspective.

I'm in agreement that Cryptozoic should explore Expansion Sets with some of the Kickstarter characters. If it's economically viable for them and they feel they can make money from it, go for it. More players attracted to the game are a bonus for all of us. :-)

I'd be for keeping them exclusive. If they were presented as such, they should remain as such. However, I'd be for new sculpts of Gozer, Terror Dogs, Samhain, Sandman, etc if they had different character cards and abilities to go along with them as well.

Simply doing new sculpts with the existing cards does nothing to entice me to buy them, as I got them through the Kickstarter. If they had different abilities and new tiles with the mass market expansions though, I'd be purchasing an expansion as well just for variety in existing scenarios, and any new scenarios that would be made.

I appreciate being able to have Gozer and the Dogs, but I do scratch my head as to why those in particular were KS exclusive. Releasing a new expansion with all three with new sculpts (how about the dogs sitting on the pillars?), and new abilities keeps mass market interest going for the game, and gets the KS backers purchasing it as well while keeping the initial promise of exclusively to the KS backers.
    New kickstarters would still bring new exclusives, and while Gozer + dogs + tiles + scenarios would be a pretty substancial expansion, I'm sure they'd add new elements to the game, maybe new styles of scenarios, possible equipment or ways to change up the characters, perhaps new interactions with ghosts and ghostbusters.

I'm not necessarily against the idea of new rules cards for characters and ghosts, since that offers more variety, but I think its a bit of a stretch to assume a future release of current exclusives wouldn't come with something new alongside it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
    Why change the character cards? They have been up on the Kickstarter page for so much time that everyone who wants to play with them has saved them anyway. A reprint of them wouldn't change that much at all! But the figures themselfes have to be different to keep the exclusive status of the first edition!
    With the exception of Ron Alexander, the bonus character cards on the KS page hardly even resemble the final versions, though even Alexander has a few significant changes to his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernodragon1 View Post
    to make the retail versions different from their kickstarter exclusive counterparts so that everyone could have the CHARACTERS/GHOSTS to use in the game. have we at least come to an agreement on that?
    So, I think the biggest problem is how much was labeled as "Kickstarter Exclusive" in the Stretch Goals section as they unlocked at the bottom of the campaign page. For me, everything that was shown at the top of the Kickstarter in Mass Hysteria Pledge is exclusive to this campaign. Everything else, as shown in their "+Stretch Goals" picture, as they posted it would be perfectly fine for retail release.

Exclusive.jpgNon-exclusive.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Meankeb View Post
    So, I think the biggest problem is how much was labeled as "Kickstarter Exclusive" in the Stretch Goals section as they unlocked at the bottom of the campaign page. For me, everything that was shown at the top of the Kickstarter in Mass Hysteria Pledge is exclusive to this campaign. Everything else, as shown in their "+Stretch Goals" picture, as they posted it would be perfectly fine for retail release.

Exclusive.jpgNon-exclusive.jpg
    so you'd be okay with the "New Ghostbusters", the library and Gozer building tiles, Gozer, Zuul, Vinz, the librarian, Boogeyman, Sam Haine, Shandor, Peck, the Tobin's box, the phantom flushes, the Cthulhu spawn, and the 100mm Boogaloo and Cthulhu and their scenario cards being released at retail but nothing else from the campaign. okay, that seems like a fair compromise. that gets all of the major characters released to retail and still keeps a good chunk of the exclusives exclusive to kickstarter.

I'd actually be okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Xavious View Post
    With the exception of Ron Alexander, the bonus character cards on the KS page hardly even resemble the final versions, though even Alexander has a few significant changes to his abilities.
    They had two different versions of the character cards on Kickstarter. The first and a newer "final" version. The first was the one on the main campaign page, the finals can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1322414

Just curious as to which of you who are for the release of the Kickstarter 'exclusive' figures actually missed out on the Kickstarter and didn't get the figures?

I missed out on every Zombicide KS, but don't expect them to release them because I missed it.

Just curious as to which of you who are for the release of the Kickstarter 'exclusive' figures actually missed out on the Kickstarter and didn't get the figures?

I missed out on every Zombicide KS, but don't expect them to release them because I missed it.
    I missed the kickstarter by about 2 days, so I bought a retail copy, then bought a MH copy off ebay when I was disappointed with the limited contents of the base game.
    I am for the majority of the content to be released (even after I have just bought them) for the main reason that the base game feels like the guts have been torn out of it without the content. Ghostbusters is very different to Zombicide in that much of the kickstarter content is iconic from the movies or the cartoons (Gozer, the terror dogs, Boogieman, Peck, the Sedgewick, the librarian). When the Ghostbusters IP is involved, people expect to see those characters, it's like Zombicide saying "here is a base game about Zombie survival, but you only get 3 obscure Zombies in the game, you have to have kickstarted to get the pack of 30 iconic zombies". This means that I sadly don't think the game will sell very well at retail, particularly not at the prices I have seen my local retailers asking for it (Down here in NZ). If that limits the likelyhood of a sequel or expansion, then thats bad for all of us. Having players able to purchase most of the expanded content eventually doesn't greatly hurt anyone who has the exclusive items enjoyment of the game (unless you are hording to scalp on ebay) and will sell more copies as players will look to expand later.

I think that whomever was responsibly for the kickstarter messed up badly on the exclusivity decision (and I think Cryptozoic knows that - it would have been far better to put a 1 year exclusivity on most of those items) and it would suck if that continued to have a negative impact on future sales and development of product.

it's not a matter of "oh I missed out on the kickstarter but I really want those figures." it's a matter of cryptozoic marking some of the most iconic characters of the franchise (Gozer, the terror dogs, Walter Peck, etc.) as exclusives and then making this promise that they would NEVER BE MADE AVAILABLE AT RETAIL. initially the stretch goals in the photo were not marked as exclusives to kickstarter backers when the campaign first went live. then somewhere near the end that changed.

I don't mind the idea of kickstarter exclusive items, if you're paying that much to back a project you should get a little bonus that only others that back the project would get, that's not the issue here. my issue is that the stretch goals, which are supposed to be the cool features and bonuses that get added to the final product at retail, got the "KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE!!!11!" stamp slapped on them and were locked out of the retail release as a result!