Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
    I think that was where you promised a bit too much!
    This is the problem we are faced with. Trust me, we're aware. In the heat of the moment, things were different. I pretty much didn't sleep for a month.
    The Yeti Handler

Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

I can imagine. I don't think anyone could have expected such an insanely successful kickstarter, I bet everyone kind of got caught up in the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by sara.miguel View Post
    Trust me, we're aware.
    You've got our trust. We realize that you're pinned in an situation where everyone can't be happy. Know that for the majority of us, we're happy with being able to help make this a reality, and we will be back for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Krusticlese View Post
    I think the game mechanics are strong enough that if you do get only the base game, that you are going to look at getting more tiles anyway.

Small expansions with a new boss, and 5 extra class 1 or 2 ghosts and 4 tiles for $25ish seems like a solid plan to keep longevity in the game.
    Seems entirely reasonable! They should do that!

Like- (1) Ellen Gold boss, (5) Class 1 orphan ghosts, and (4) double sided Wander Hills Orphanage tiles... just sayin' ;-)
    I don't even know who they are. Never read the IDW comics because I'm not importing comic books. The prices on ported stuff are insane in Germany. And I didn't really like the art style. The only reason I wanted the new Ghostbusters was to have more characters to choose from and they had Janine, Kylie and the Rookie!

Yes, however I also have 2 sets of all tiles- base game, sedgewick, library, shandor. So I may have a different outlook on that.

I think the game mechanics are strong enough that if you do get only the base game, that you are going to look at getting more tiles anyway.

Small expansions with a new boss, and 5 extra class 1 or 2 ghosts and 4 tiles for $25ish seems like a solid plan to keep longevity in the game.

Like- (1) Ellen Gold boss, (5) Class 1 orphan ghosts, and (4) double sided Wander Hills Orphanage tiles... just sayin' ;-)
    you're going really obscure with pushing for that IDW arc. look, I know IDW content is a thing, Idulnus is from the comics and he's in the base game. but the first expansion should be the Ghostbusters 1 content (Gozer, zuul, vinz, librarian, peck and the GB1 location tiles of the Gozer building, the sedgewick, and the library) and the extra player characters (Jenine, Kylie, Alexander, Ortiz, and Rookie) because that stuff is the most recognizable to the franchise and it's what would draw many more people to the game. I'm not even talking about money here, I'm talking more potential people playing the game and making the game a success because of these iconic characters and locations that are easily identifiable to the ghostbusters franchise. even if you're not a die hard GB fan but have seen the first movie you'd easily recognize Gozer, the Terror Dogs, The Librarian, Peck, and Jenine. and at the end of the day I feel like Cryptozoic just wants more people to enjoy their games and having the more iconic characters of the ghostbusters franchise available to more people will allow that. as for Cthulhu and his spawn, that alone could pull in lovecraft fans who aren't necessarily Ghostbusters fans to try out the game if Cthulhu and his spawn were released as an expansion later on. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernodragon1 View Post
    you're going really obscure with pushing for that IDW arc. look, I know IDW content is a thing, Idulnus is from the comics and he's in the base game. but the first expansion should be the Ghostbusters 1 content (Gozer, zuul, vinz, librarian, peck and the GB1 location tiles of the Gozer building, the sedgewick, and the library) and the extra player characters (Jenine, Kylie, Alexander, Ortiz, and Rookie) because that stuff is the most recognizable to the franchise and it's what would draw many more people to the game. I'm not even talking about money here, I'm talking more potential people playing the game and making the game a success because of these iconic characters and locations that are easily identifiable to the ghostbusters franchise. even if you're not a die hard GB fan but have seen the first movie you'd easily recognize Gozer, the Terror Dogs, The Librarian, Peck, and Jenine. and at the end of the day I feel like Cryptozoic just wants more people to enjoy their games and having the more iconic characters of the ghostbusters franchise available to more people will allow that. as for Cthulhu and his spawn, that alone could pull in lovecraft fans who aren't necessarily Ghostbusters fans to try out the game if Cthulhu and his spawn were released as an expansion later on. just saying.
    You're right, but they won't release any of those things, because they promised it would stay Kickstarter exclusive forever and will never release variations of them!
    They maneuvered themselfes into a corner with no way out or around without pissing off thousands of people!
    Last edited by Skyknight; 01-24-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernodragon1 View Post
    It's not *that* obscure, it was in the first IDW trade that Dan Schoening drew, who does the illustrations for the game (it's why I ended up picking it up). Maybe better for a Kickstarter exclusive add-on pack.

I just want to fight a boss that throws ghost kids at you. lol

(Ellen the headmistress at the Wander Hillls Orphanage. She burnt the place down with the orphans in it. When the Ghostbusters encounter her, she tosses the orphan ghosts at them as weapons)

And, yeah, as skynight said, none of that stuff is getting released in retail (at least in the form it was in the Kickstarter). Just get it on e-Bay and suck all your friends into it so they all back the next one. ;-) I just saw a Mass Hysteria pledge with an Impossible ghost pack, Impossible Slimer and Indulnas, Taxi Drivers, and Spectrals for about $189. Pretty reasonable. I got a 2nd Mass Hysteria with all 3 standard Ghost bundles, all 4 Impossible ghost packs, Impossible Slimer and Indulnas, and the Taxi Drivers for $227 (less than what the guy paid to buy it in the Kickstarter), so there are deals to be had. Also reasonable prices on individual figures too from some sellers.
    Last edited by Krusticlese; 01-24-2016 at 02:37 AM.

It's not *that* obscure, it was in the first IDW trade that Dan Schoening drew, who does the illustrations for the game (it's why I ended up picking it up). Maybe better for a Kickstarter exclusive add-on pack.

I just want to fight a boss that throws ghost kids at you. lol

(Ellen the headmistress at the Wander Hillls Orphanage. She burnt the place down with the orphans in it. When the Ghostbusters encounter her, she tosses the orphan ghosts at them as weapons)

And, yeah, as skynight said, none of that stuff is getting released in retail (at least in the form it was in the Kickstarter). Just get it on e-Bay and suck all your friends into it so they all back the next one. ;-) I just saw a Mass Hysteria pledge with an Impossible ghost pack, Impossible Slimer and Indulnas, Taxi Drivers, and Spectrals for about $189. Pretty reasonable. I got a 2nd Mass Hysteria with all 3 standard Ghost bundles, all 4 Impossible ghost packs, Impossible Slimer and Indulnas, and the Taxi Drivers for $227 (less than what the guy paid to buy it in the Kickstarter), so there are deals to be had. Also reasonable prices on individual figures too from some sellers.
    the only problem with that is that I'd have to save up to get it and by the time I got the money together it'd be sold. unlike you I don't have a disposable income to burn on kickstarters and ebay. it took me months just to save up for the retail version because I wanted to play the game with my friends but they probably won't want to play it because unlike me, who is a diehard fan of the franchise, all they've seen are the movies ad the only thing recognizable as Ghostbusters in the retail version of the game to those who have only seen the films are the Ghostbusters themselves, Slimer, the Ecto-1 and stay puffed. everything else is either from the toy line, the cartoon or the IDW comic. when I mentioned Idulnus there exact exchange with me was:
    friend:"Who the f*** is Idulus?"
    me:"He's Gozer's third General"
    friend:"well why aren't Gozer and the terror dogs in the game?"
    me:"because they were marked as kickstarter exclusives"
    friend:"well that's dumb, is there any way to get them on ebay?"
    me:"yeah, but they're super expensive, I'd be practically paying for a second game just for those three and they'd get sold before I could get them."
    friend:"oh, right, your money situation. welp, that sucks."

so tell me Krusticlese, how am I supposed to expand my game if all I can do is save up several months for a retail expansion release? oh wait, that's right, I can't because cryptozoic painted themselves into a corner by keeping all the iconic ghosts from the cartoon and first movie as kickstarter exclusives. so they're faced with either keeping their promise and pissing off thousands of people or breaking their promise and pissing off thousands of people. either way they're going to be pissing people off but alternate sculpts/stats/colors/etc. makes it to where considerably less people get pissed off about the kickstarter stuff going to retail.

I think the remedy is Kickstarter #2. While it's not necessarily a retail platform, it does give them a chance to remedy some Mass Hysteria issues.

1) All Kickstarter Exclusives are available (except those that were truly supposed to be a first edition, limited release forever)
    2) New casting material (used for the second batch of Boogaloo's) can be substituted in
    3) New scenarios! (and any printing / editing / rules errata can be released as "hard" content)
    4) Impossible mode releases (Gozer/Terror Dogs, Cathulu, etc.)
    5) New character!
    6) New ghosts!
    7) New tiles!
    8) Second themed storage box for the growing army of minis
    9) Best of all, potentially reduced prices. The templates now exist for everything, they may take mercy and lower the prices on the price-point of the original content for those who are sponsoring through Kickstarter

Janine Melnitz: “Do you want some coffee, Mr. Tully?”
    Louis Tully: “Do I?”
    Egon Spengler: “Yes, have some.”
    Louis Tully: “Yes, have some.”
    Last edited by Meankeb; 01-24-2016 at 09:56 AM.

It's not *that* obscure
    Compared to being in the original movie, it is *that* obscure. Seen by thousands vs seen by tends of millions. Pretty big difference in obscurity.

And, yeah, as skynight said, none of that stuff is getting released in retail (at least in the form it was in the Kickstarter). Just get it on e-Bay and suck all your friends into it so they all back the next one. ;-)
    And support scalpers and speculators? Sure, no worries. I love giving my money to profiteers instead of to the company that originally made the game.... oh, wait... no, I don't. I want to give my money to Cryptozoic, not some profiteering jackanape on eBay who made a good bet on a game. Same reason I didn't buy any rare Amiibo while the crazy speculation was going on. If/when Cryptozoic makes and releases versions of the Kickstarter figures, I'll consider buying what I don't already have (Mass Hysteria backer) and using that to introduce others in my gaming circle to the game so they can have their own copies (and stop using mine).

Ultimately, I think not having the more recognizable characters available will be to the detriment of the longevity of the game. But, if you and others want to stick to the "Hey, I got mine and others can spend scalper premiums on eBay" mentality even if it means reducing the available expansions (and profitability thereof) for the game. Go ahead. Continue that selfishness.