Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    So you keep both gates open and force the dogs in before shutting them?
    Or shut the two gates, causing every single ghost to get sucked in, and every gate to re-open.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I know we hit him after crossing Token 3 and he wound up right next to Token 4, lost the game, that sucked.

As far as diagonally, thats a good question.

The slime tokens are removed when he crosses them.

I have a question about Winston's lvl 2 ability. Does this allow him to basically deposit as long as he has line of sight from up to 3 spots away from the Ecto-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post

The slime tokens are removed when he crosses them.
    It doesn't say that on the scenario card anywhere. Where are you getting that?

If you remove them when he crosses them, why have the 'to trap' counter go up to 8? Shouldn't it only go up to 7?

I recently received this game as a gift and there is an image on pg. 13 of the manual that has left me confused, it depicts when you can deposit ghosts into the Ecto-1, I will try to re-create the image in text here below.

O O O
    X|E O
    X|E G
    X G X

X= Cannot Deposit
    O= Can Deposit
    G= Ghost
    E= Ecto-1
    | = Yellow Line

I cannot understand why the two X's on the bottom of Ecto-1 cannot deposit ghosts. Can anyone explain this reasoning?

Yes, that's how I have been playing. We have lovingly dubbed it, "the ghost grenade".

Quote Originally Posted by Pagrashtak View Post

I cannot understand why the two X's on the bottom of Ecto-1 cannot deposit ghosts. Can anyone explain this reasoning?
    In my group, we've been treating those two ghosts on the bottom right as two red lines on your square. Can't see through them, can't move through them. So they have a touching corner, right between you and the Ecto-1 preventing the deposit. The one on the lower left I'm not sure about. Same situation, there is a red line to your direct right, and a yellow line right above it...You can draw a line from your corner directly diagonally into Ecto...coin flip, but I'd allow it

Look at the rules. It says you must be adjacent and have LoS to deposit ghosts into the Ecto. Rules state that two diagonally connected ghosts block movement as well as LoS. That explains the bottom right X. I'm not so sure about the left one, but I think it's because a space with blocked LoS(yellow line) is diagonally connected to the ghost in bottom which left the X in the bottom left between two spaces that cannot deposit which also blocks LoS. At least this is how I made sense of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
    Look at the rules. It says you must be adjacent and have LoS to deposit ghosts into the Ecto. Rules state that two diagonally connected ghosts block movement as well as LoS. That explains the bottom right X. I'm not so sure about the left one, but I think it's because a space with blocked LoS(yellow line) is diagonally connected to the ghost in bottom which left the X in the bottom left between two spaces that cannot deposit which also blocks LoS. At least this is how I made sense of it!
    This is correct. The yellow terrain and the ghost on the left make a continuous blocking 'wall' for LoS. You can't draw a line from any corner of that square to any corner square of the the Ecto-1.

The same applies to the square on the bottom right. You can't draw LoS from any corner of that square to the Ecto-1 without crossing a ghost's square.

Even if it's a direct diagonal line, if both squares contain figures or terrain that block LoS, it's blocked.
    Last edited by Krusticlese; 01-21-2016 at 12:37 AM.

hey guys, new to the forums and while i've been reading them, and the instructions, i have two questions that i'm stuck on, and while they've probably been asked, and answered a million times, as the new guy, it's my responsibility to waste everyone's time by asking it again.
    so....

In game, how many spaces does a gb have to be away from a ghost for a proton stream to hit it?
    also, what happens if a galloping ghoul lands on the same space as a gruesome twosome?

that's all i have right now, i'm sure they'll be more. thanks a lot, and glad to be here.