Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniechowder View Post
    hey guys, new to the forums and while i've been reading them, and the instructions, i have two questions that i'm stuck on, and while they've probably been asked, and answered a million times, as the new guy, it's my responsibility to waste everyone's time by asking it again.
    so....

In game, how many spaces does a gb have to be away from a ghost for a proton stream to hit it?
    also, what happens if a galloping ghoul lands on the same space as a gruesome twosome?

that's all i have right now, i'm sure they'll be more. thanks a lot, and glad to be here.
    Line of sight is 3 squares, and the ghoul would pass through the twosome and land on the next available square. (just like any ghost entering an occupied square).

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Don't worry, Ron,

We all have questions

i appreciate the help and the replies. thanks a lot guys.

Hi guys, loving the game so much! I'm working on making custom cards, boards etc to make my own expansions. Being a perfectionist, I'd like them to look as close to the original cards as possible. Does anyone know what fonts are used? Sorry if this isn't an appropriate question.

Hello all!

We had friends over to play Campaign #1 and everyone had a great time playing Scenario #1 two weeks ago to get the gist of the game.

Last week they came over and we attempted Scenario #2. I know it was probably not the best idea to include 5 Spawn of Cathulu in the game (2 on the board to start, the rest in the spirit world) as our Class 2s, and we were stuck in slime/rinse/repeat in a game that wouldn't end. Finally we rage-quit.

So we have a couple of questions now.
    1) When a Ghostbuster removes another players' slime as one of their turns, do they only remove one token, or can they clear all tokens? The book seems to imply all tokens but we just would like to double-check.
    2) Can four people each play two characters, for a total of eight ghostbusters on the board (each person managing two characters)?
    3) Is it okay to ask for advice or tricks, in this forum, on defeating certain enemies? (Still talking about those durned SoC, blargh)
    4) I gleaned from the rest of this thread that a corporeal ghost would not bang its head blindly into a wall that a ghostbuster is on the other side of, but would move around the obstacle between them, and then possibly switch to chasing another ghostbuster if it got closer to that one. So our one plan of trying to lure all the spawns behind an L-shaped terrain barrier and keeping one 'bait' buster on the other side would not actually be effective, correct?

Thanks in advance!

The slime question is easy.
    image.jpg
    Not sure why the pic is so small. I zoomed in, but pg16 under the remove slime action section it says one token

Spawn of Cthulhu are insanely tough for a class 2. I think they really should be tweaked, like maybe only requiring 2 streams to cap, at the very least. They're tough enough that just one of them could make for a respectable boss ghost on its own, and I really don't think that's appropriate for a class 2 or even a class 3 ghost.

Best strategy I guess would be to keep it surrounded, managing your distance so that it bounces between ghostbusters, but that's not exactly simple. Utilizing terrain would be a good idea, choosing the right characters might give you an edge, I'd say Ray for his slime removal would be smart, Alexander's free adjacent attack could be used to at least maintain the streams, Ortiz's ability to move ghosts would help. Ultimately a group of level 1 or 2 'busters really don't stand a good chance of taking one out.

Using L shaped terrain to tackle a corporeal ghost probably doesn't work as well as you thought, but its still probably a pretty solid plan, with maybe some tweaks.

One player using two or more ghostbusters? Of course! This can be played with only one player using four characters. There are special rule posted somewhere for playing with more than four characters, but the basics are that you roll the event die after every fourth player takes a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by creativejay View Post
    1) When a Ghostbuster removes another players' slime as one of their turns, do they only remove one token, or can they clear all tokens? The book seems to imply all tokens but we just would like to double-check.
    Answered by rudis21 above - per page 16, 1 slime tokn.

2) Can four people each play two characters, for a total of eight ghostbusters on the board (each person managing two characters)?
    It is possible, however the normal rules do not cover multiple ghostbusters and CZE plays that you roll the event die after every 4th ghostbuster. So basically player 1 performs actions as GB1. Player 1 performs actions as GB2. Player 2 performs actions as GB1. Player 2 performs actions as GB2. Roll Event Die. Player 3 performs actions as GB1. Player 3 performs actions as GB2. Player 4 performs actions as GB1. Player 4 performs actions as GB2. Roll Event Die

3) Is it okay to ask for advice or tricks, in this forum, on defeating certain enemies? (Still talking about those durned SoC, blargh)
    The idea behind this thread is to answer any rules-based questions. You won't get in any trouble for asking for advice or tricks, but I humbly ask that you do not. Note I have no power here and can't do anything if you do ask for advice.

Unless you meant the Ghostbusters Board Game forum, and not this thread specifically. If you are talking about the forum itself, by all means, ask for advice if you need it.

4) I gleaned from the rest of this thread that a corporeal ghost would not bang its head blindly into a wall that a ghostbuster is on the other side of, but would move around the obstacle between them, and then possibly switch to chasing another ghostbuster if it got closer to that one. So our one plan of trying to lure all the spawns behind an L-shaped terrain barrier and keeping one 'bait' buster on the other side would not actually be effective, correct?
    My group has not played with the Spawns yet so I can't help with this one.

1) You remove one slime token per action you spend. It's possible to use all of your actions to remove slime from team members.

And I believe the Spawns were originally supposed to be class 3 but a typing error made that a 2 and it somehow slipped through proofreading. An indication of this theory is that you need 3 Streams to trap em. You'd only need 2 for a class 2(or the error was here and someone typed 3 instead of 2 and it slipped proofreading, but seems more reasonable for me that minions of the big guy are higher class than 2). I haven't played with them yet, but I will treat them as class 3's!

@Skynight sounds reasonable to me. Mistakes happen, still gotta bust 'em! : )