Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JawlessCrawdad View Post
    Hi guys, loving the game so much! I'm working on making custom cards, boards etc to make my own expansions. Being a perfectionist, I'd like them to look as close to the original cards as possible. Does anyone know what fonts are used? Sorry if this isn't an appropriate question.
    Hey Jawless! I made some customs on Publisher. It's at work, so I can't control the fonts. The hard part is posting a card that everyone can use. Not everyone has Photoshop or Publisher. I think someone cracked it on the Facebook groups, I'll have to see if they made an edit-friendly document.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
    1) You remove one slime token per action you spend. It's possible to use all of your actions to remove slime from team members.

And I believe the Spawns were originally supposed to be class 3 but a typing error made that a 2 and it somehow slipped through proofreading. An indication of this theory is that you need 3 Streams to trap em. You'd only need 2 for a class 2(or the error was here and someone typed 3 instead of 2 and it slipped proofreading, but seems more reasonable for me that minions of the big guy are higher class than 2). I haven't played with them yet, but I will treat them as class 3's!
    That's really just conjecture. Being that Cathulhu is the only Class 8, it's reasonable that his Class 2 spawns are just *that hard* to capture.

Quote Originally Posted by BradBosshart View Post
    Hey Jawless! I made some customs on Publisher. It's at work, so I can't control the fonts. The hard part is posting a card that everyone can use. Not everyone has Photoshop or Publisher. I think someone cracked it on the Facebook groups, I'll have to see if they made an edit-friendly document.
    Thanks for letting me know. I'm a member on the Facebook group, have managed to create a blank ghost card, but finding the correct fonts is proving tricky. I'd settle for close enough, but the perfectionist in me wants to make them exactly!

Hi all!

So, I had a few rules questions regarding entering/exiting the Ecto-1 (sheet 15 of the manual) that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with (poked around in the forums a bit, but didn't see anything on these):
    When using a move action to enter the Ecto-1: Do you need to start adjacent to the Ecto-1 to use a move action to enter the car (equivalently, you loose the move action in order to perform a standard maneuver), or can you enter with a move action by ending your move on one of the spaces occupied by the Ecto-1 (assuming that your approach took your character through one of the four side spaces)?

When using a move action to exit the Ecto-1: Similar to above, do you trade your move for a maneuver (you exit and place your character outside the Ecto-1, and then you cannot move further on the same action), or can you complete your move action (i.e. you exit the Ecto-1 into an appropriate space and then move into another square if desired)?

When playing with more than four players: If all four spaces next to the Ecto-1 are occupied by other Ghostbusters, are you still unable to exit the car? My read of the rules would say no (my only thought is that typically you can always walk through other Ghostbusters using a move action, so what if you are using a move action to exit the Ecto-1, rather than a maneuver?)

Thanks in advance!

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaranian View Post
    When using a move action to enter the Ecto-1: Do you need to start adjacent to the Ecto-1 to use a move action to enter the car (equivalently, you loose the move action in order to perform a standard maneuver), or can you enter with a move action by ending your move on one of the spaces occupied by the Ecto-1 (assuming that your approach took your character through one of the four side spaces)?
    You are allowed one maneuver, these do not count towards move actions.

As long as you have a maneuver left when your character is adjacent to the Ecto, you can get in. This can be before or after your move action.

When using a move action to exit the Ecto-1: Similar to above, do you trade your move for a maneuver (you exit and place your character outside the Ecto-1, and then you cannot move further on the same action), or can you complete your move action (i.e. you exit the Ecto-1 into an appropriate space and then move into another square if desired)?
    The maneuver takes you in and out of the vehicle. So the move action starts after you are already outside of the vechile, letting you move two spaces.

When playing with more than four players: If all four spaces next to the Ecto-1 are occupied by other Ghostbusters, are you still unable to exit the car? My read of the rules would say no (my only thought is that typically you can always walk through other Ghostbusters using a move action, so what if you are using a move action to exit the Ecto-1, rather than a maneuver?)
    You can move through them. But if there is nowhere to end your turn without a Ghostbuster on the space, then no, you are stuck in the Ecto.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    You are allowed one maneuver, these do not count towards move actions.
    As long as you have a maneuver left when your character is adjacent to the Ecto, you can get in. This can be before or after your move action.
    I don't think he's referring to the Maneuver to get in/out of the Ecto-1, but rather an Action (in which you move your character) that puts you in the Ecto-1.

As stated in the rule book:

Note: A Ghostbuster may also enter or exit the vehicle through a Move Action, following the same rules as the Maneuver. You are not forced to use a Maneuver to enter/exit the Ecto-1
    Now, I don't have any specific answers to the original question, but I wanted to clear that up, and also because I'm curious to know the answers.

You've got it, pjvedder, thank you for adding in the detail for me! That's the section on sheet 15 that I was looking at/wondering about.

And thanks for the quick response, Werechicken, sorry I wasn't clear in my original post.

Thanks, I didn't realize you could just do it as a move action. We both learned something.

I guess that is if you got out, busted a ghost but had to get back into the Ecto again to drive somewhere.

Or if you want to deposit ghosts and get in/out of the ecto.