Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hi there

I also have a question concerning a slimed Ghostbuster. The manual says that you have to forfeit all your actions to lose one slime token BUT you can still use your maneuver or your character ability (unless they are called actions, as seen in the example above).
    Now, let's say Ray would have two actions but he has been slimed twice. His Level 2 ability grants him the removal of one slime (per turn) for free. Can he forfeit his turn (therefore lose one slime) AND use his Level 2 ability to remove another slime? Technically, removing slime is an action (and he would not be able to use his ability as well) but this is not specifically called an action. This is why I am asking.

My guess is that he can't do both but I wanted to make sure.

With his ability in play first. I would think you can remove 2. 1 free+ 1 no action =2

For Janine's level 4 ability to trip, I assume it requires that you hit it before hand, so weak one stream ghosts do not activate her ability? Additionally, can that ability (and the Rookie's level 4) chain off itself? Suppose there are three class 2 ghosts in range of her and she hit all of them once before, she lands a hit on one of them, her ability lets her hit a second one, and can she then hit the third as another bonus action?
    -The free Combat Action Janine and Rookie get is still affected by the base game rule that you can only have active Streams on one target at a time. If you have a Stream on a Ghost, then use the free Combat Action to hit a new Ghost, you will lose the original Stream(s). These abilities are best used when a hit also traps the Ghost, allowing you to make a new Combat Action.

For Alexander's level 4, is there a limit to how far he could move? Suppose he hit a ghost in line of sight, but the only path not obstructed by ghosts or obstacles would require him to take 8 or so squares to move around everything to get into position, would that be against the spirit of the rule? I would sort of assume it's intended to be a quick dash into position rather than a leisurely stroll, so I would think no more squares than what he's normally allowed in a move action.
    -The intent is to move the shortest distance within Line of Sight. If this moves him more than his normal Movement, he may. Keep in mind that he need to see the Ghost he is moving to, so a long distance may not be possible due to the distance of the Ghost.

Hope that helps!

Mataio Wilson
    Lead Design, Ghostbusters: The Board Game

I also have a question concerning a slimed Ghostbuster. The manual says that you have to forfeit all your actions to lose one slime token BUT you can still use your maneuver or your character ability (unless they are called actions, as seen in the example above).
    Now, let's say Ray would have two actions but he has been slimed twice. His Level 2 ability grants him the removal of one slime (per turn) for free. Can he forfeit his turn (therefore lose one slime) AND use his Level 2 ability to remove another slime? Technically, removing slime is an action (and he would not be able to use his ability as well) but this is not specifically called an action. This is why I am asking.

My guess is that he can't do both but I wanted to make sure.
    Actually, yes, Ray can remove one Slime token for free using his Level 2 ability, then forfeit his Actions to remove a second Slime token and end his turn.

Mataio Wilson

Ah, thanks a lot! The question about Ron Alexander's Free Combat Action confused me bit. That's why I asked.

An additional question: The manual states that when completely slimed and forfeitting your turn you may still perform a Maneuver or use a Character ability. So Ray really has to choose whether to deslime himself a second time or pass ghosts on to Winston and cannot have both. Correct?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Zodac; 12-05-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    So Ray really has to choose whether to deslime himself a second time or pass ghosts on to Winston and cannot have both. Correct?
    Actually, Ray, and any Ghostbuster, can use both their Maneuver and their Level 2 ability before forfeiting their Actions for the round. So Ray can pass trapped Ghosts, use his Level 2 ability to remove his own Slime, then forfeit his Actions for the round to remove a second Slime token.

Mataio Wilson

Are there official rules for integrating the impossible mode ghosts? I looked back through the Kickstarter and it seems like a "use 'em however you want" kinda thing.

The Impossible Mode ghosts basically just replace their normal counterparts as you see fit. So if a mission calls for 4 Galloping Ghouls, 2 Gruesome Twosome, and 1 Boogaloo Manifestation, you can replace any of them with the Impossible Mode versions (so you could do 2 Galloping Ghouls, 2 IM Galloping Ghouls, 2 IM Gruesome Twosome, 1 Boogaloo Manifestation).

Cool. That's what I was assuming. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule42 View Post
    Are there official rules for integrating the impossible mode ghosts? I looked back through the Kickstarter and it seems like a "use 'em however you want" kinda thing.
    In the office, we always have the Impossible Mode Ghosts emerge from the Spirit World first, then the standard blue versions.

I created a complicated system to determine which version to use when placing Ghosts on the map, but until we have a computerized way to implement it, I don't want to put the burden on the community to administer it.

Quick and easy way: I replace as many blue Ghosts with red ones as I feel like and mix em up, then pick em blind.

Mataio Wilson