Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Question regarding the Librarian/Gray Lady.
    If she gets sucked into the Ghost World and is later released, does she emerge as the Librarian, Gray Lady, or how she went in?

Hi everybody. My friends and I recently tried to play the "Okay, Who Brought The Dog?" scenario and were confused as to how Zuul and Vinz Clortho are supposed to move towards each other. Neither one can move through obstacles, but the scenario places them on opposite sides of the board with numerous obstacles in the way. The scenario says that failure will result if the two of them wind up adjacent to one another on the map, but a long fence blocks their way via line of sight. Will the dogs try to move towards each other, but around the fence so they can physically meet up, or will they simply move towards each other despite the fence being in the way? The way the board is designed, it would seem that Zuul would just get stuck in a corner or have to move away from Vinz at first before she can move towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by happyjew View Post
    Question regarding the Librarian/Gray Lady.
    If she gets sucked into the Ghost World and is later released, does she emerge as the Librarian, Gray Lady, or how she went in?
    Hi again,

Thanks for the great stream of questions.

If the Librarian gets sucked into the Spirit World as the Grey Lady, we can presume the scenario was successful and completed. When you start a scenario, she starts in the Librarian form.

If a future scenario or Gate would allow for her to get into the Spirit World, then she would come out in the Librarian form. I'll add it to the FAQ we're working on.

Mataio Wilson
    Lead Design, Ghostbusters: The Board Game

Quote Originally Posted by iandawg1 View Post
    Hi everybody. My friends and I recently tried to play the "Okay, Who Brought The Dog?" scenario and were confused as to how Zuul and Vinz Clortho are supposed to move towards each other. Neither one can move through obstacles, but the scenario places them on opposite sides of the board with numerous obstacles in the way. The scenario says that failure will result if the two of them wind up adjacent to one another on the map, but a long fence blocks their way via line of sight. Will the dogs try to move towards each other, but around the fence so they can physically meet up, or will they simply move towards each other despite the fence being in the way? The way the board is designed, it would seem that Zuul would just get stuck in a corner or have to move away from Vinz at first before she can move towards him.
    Hi Iandawg1,

Great question. Unlike Ghosts, corporeal threats like the Terror Dogs and Spawns of Cathuluhu need yous help when moving. You'll need to deduce the most efficient route for them to take, resolving a tie in movement with a die roll.

In the office, when Zuul would move towards an obstacle, we'd navigate around it in the path of least resistance. This was especially helpful when shooting at it and "kiting" it around a pit to stall it while we wrangled Vinz Clortho.

The trick is to go with the choice that threatens you the most. Put yourself in their shoes, er, paws.

Mataio Wilson

Just played the Stay Puft Stays Put scenario with spectral ghostbusters and a few impossible mode ghosts. Though I've caught a few small things we did wrong in terms of ghost movement/actions, we managed to pull off the win.

My question is this: Do you need to close the gates in this scenario in order to win? It doesn't say so in the "Success" text nor does it say that Stay Puft cannot be captured until the gates are closed as with "The Slimer Situation #4."

Thanks

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I have a good amount of questions.

I am sure a lot of these questions have already been asked.

1. Are Ghostbusters in the Ecto-1 adjacent to any standing next to the Ecto?
    2. Do ghosts slime the people in the Ecto when they are next to it and do their missed slime attack? Does that make sense? I'm saying when they do their slime attack, not actually on the Ecto.
    3. Do you have to trap the other ghosts after you close the gates, or is the scenario over? Can we do it anyway?
    4. Can you drive through a space where a Ghostbuster is?
    5. When a Ghostbuster loses a Ghost, as in they emerge from their space, that means they are slimed by that ghost, correct?
    6. Can players move through a space with the Ecto-1?
    7. Do slime tokens reset after each mission? Or stay on them from one to the next for a full campaign?
    8. For Fearsome Flush's missed rule, what constitutes an "obstacle"?
    9. If a ghost moves out of line of site from player, does the proton stream stay as long as the player doesn't attack a different ghost?
    10. Can you dispose of ghosts in the gates or is that only in the 3rd mission of the Slimer scenario?
    Last edited by Werechicken; 12-15-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule42 View Post
    Just played the Stay Puft Stays Put scenario with spectral ghostbusters and a few impossible mode ghosts. Though I've caught a few small things we did wrong in terms of ghost movement/actions, we managed to pull off the win.

My question is this: Do you need to close the gates in this scenario in order to win? It doesn't say so in the "Success" text nor does it say that Stay Puft cannot be captured until the gates are closed as with "The Slimer Situation #4."

Thanks
    "Simply" defeat Stay Puft to win this scenario.

Mataio Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    3. Do you have to trap the other ghosts after you close the gates, or is the scenario over? Can we do it anyway?
    Most ghosts will automatically get sucked in once the last gate is closed (this also usually ends the mission). Some missions will have ghosts that must be trapped in addition to closing all the gates, in which case the mission does not end once the last gate is closed unless the boss ghost is already caught.

9. If a ghost moves out of line of site from player, does the proton stream stay as long as the player doesn't attack a different ghost?
    If a ghostbuster loses LOS to a ghost, they lose any streams on the ghost.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Thanks, Happy.

Any help with the rest of them?
    Last edited by Werechicken; 12-15-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    I have a good amount of questions.

I am sure a lot of these questions have already been asked.

1. Are Ghostbusters in the Ecto-1 adjacent to any standing next to the Ecto?
    Yes.
    2. Do ghosts slime the people in the Ecto when they are next to it and do their missed slime attack? Does that make sense? I'm saying when they do their slime attack, not actually on the Ecto.
    If a Ghostbuster is inside the Ecto-1 when its space is in the range of a Ghost that that slime that area, the Ghostbuster will get Slimed. While the Ecto-1 cannot get slimed, we treat it as a slime conduit for the inhabitants inside.
    When the last Gate is closed, all remaining non-boss Ghosts are sucked into the Spirit World and are not present for trapping.
    4. Can you drive through a space where a Ghostbuster is?
    Yes, you just cannot end on a space with a Ghostbuster.
    5. When a Ghostbuster loses a Ghost, as in they emerge from their space, that means they are slimed by that ghost, correct?
    No, they simply appear adjacent to that Ghostbuster.
    6. Can players move through a space with the Ecto-1?
    Yes, you can "slide" over the hood or over the bucket seats and end on the other side unless there is a Ghost on top of the Ecto-1 in a space you want to move through.
    7. Do slime tokens reset after each mission? Or stay on them from one to the next for a full campaign?
    Slime token are removed from the Ghostbusters after a scenario results in a success of failure.
    8. For Fearsome Flush's missed rule, what constitutes an "obstacle"?
    Obstacles are orange or red lines on the map that block movement.
    If a Ghost moves out of Line of Sight of a Ghostbuster that has a Stream on it and does not move back into LoS during that movement, the Stream is lost. For instance, a Gruesome Twosome can move towards a Ghostbuster, breaking its Line of Sight behind an obstacle, then move randomly back into Line of Sight, keeping the original Stream intact.

Thanks for all the questions! Keep em coming!

Mataio Wilson