Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mataio maybe in the errata, mention that Fearsome Flush is corporeal. If orange and redlines stop o?it, it must be solid.

Pretty sure Fearsome Flush isn't corpreal, it only cares about obstacles for its On Miss effect. Otherwise, I think corpreal will always push Ghostbusters when moving in their space rather than passing through. The fact that a fearsome flush will pass through (possibly multiple) Ghostbusters is one of its stronger points. Also corpreal entities seem to all have opaque miniatures rather than transparent ones.

Question about Ortiz's level 4 ability. Does the "On Hit" effect trigger if you opt to move the ghost rather than add a stream? From what I can tell, a successful proton roll determines if its a "hit" rather than the addition of a stream, but if that is the case, her level 4 ability seems rather pointless unless you want to move the ghost even closer to her (which seems counter-intuitive for her level 1 ability, but somewhat handy for her level 2). It also raises the question of what happens for a class 1 ghost, since they have no On Hit effect.

So, what triggers the On Hit effect, the successful roll, or the addition of a stream?
    Last edited by The_Xavious; 12-16-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Ugh, so I hate people get slimed when they're in the Ecto and the ghost isn't in there with them, but hey, what are you gonna do?

So people, other ghosts and the Ecto don't count as obstacles for Fearsome Flush?

New questions, Sandman Edition!

1) So when the Chaos symbol is rolled at the end of round, and THEN we do the Sandman end of round move. Is that right? It really really really sucks. :-)

2) Sandman states "streams come off", I assume it's just the person who falls asleep, who's streams come off?

3)Can Sandman put people to sleep in the ecto? Please say no.

4) Do ghosts block line of site for other ghosts?

5)Can asleep Ghostbusters be slimed? (I'm sure they can be, but hey, can't blame me for trying. Nothing is worse than being woken up and you have 2 slime tokens on you...well except maybe if you have 3)

I dont have the scenarios at work, Mataio will probably get to you before me.

I figured, it's okay, thanks, Brad!

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    1) So when the Chaos symbol is rolled at the end of round, and THEN we do the Sandman end of round move. Is that right? It really really really sucks. :-)
    The Event die is the last thing you do during a round. Resolve any Ghost or Boss abilities beforehand.

2) Sandman states "streams come off", I assume it's just the person who falls asleep, who's streams come off?
    Yes, when you are put to sleep, you lose any Streams.

3)Can Sandman put people to sleep in the ecto? Please say no.
    Yes, Ghostbusters inside the Ecto-1 can be affected by Sandman. They can also be awoken by Ghostbusters adjacent to or inside the Ecto-1.

4) Do ghosts block line of site for other ghosts?
    Yes.

5)Can asleep Ghostbusters be slimed? (I'm sure they can be, but hey, can't blame me for trying. Nothing is worse than being woken up and you have 2 slime tokens on you...well except maybe if you have 3)
    Yes.

Mataio Wilson
    Lead Design, Ghostbusters: The Board Game

Every answer you gave me, makes me cry.

Some questions which are bugging me:

1) If a ghost have to move toward the nearest Ghostbusters every turn/round, does the ghost stop adjacent to the Ghostbuster or pass through & slime? And if that Ghostbuster doesnít move does the ghost just stop adjacent or keep sliming every turn/round?

2) I presume Ghostbuster inside Ecto-1 also consider nearest Ghostbuster?

3) When Ghosts are moving 1 or more spaces toward the nearest Ghostbusters or goal every turn/round, do they pass through gates/ghosts so they could reach quicker or move around them?

4) Ghost emerges from the front space of Ecto-1, this mean the empty space in front of Ecto-1 or the front of the 2 spaces of Ecto-1?

5) Effect causing Ghostbusters or Ecto-1 moving in random direction. I know obstacle stop movement but if that starting direction is already obstacle, itís wonít move at all or move alternate direction?

6) Slimer Scenario #4 Closed Gate effect Ė I presume itís the Gate LOS toward each Ghostbuster and is still 3 LOS even if Ghostbusters have 4 LOS?

7) I presume for all boss scenarios, you can defeat boss before closing gates and vice-versa?

8) Fearsome Flush Ė I presume Ghostbusters & open gates are not consider obstacle to stop movement?

9) Terrain and ghosts do not block LOS to the 3 big bosses, I presume itís also vice-versa?

10) I presume Stay Puft & Cathulhu can pass through obstacle due to their size?

11) I presume the big Boogaloo can leave the map & the scenario is lost?

12) Big bosses took up 4 spaces, if due to miss combat they have to move 1 or more spaces and that space contain a Ghostbuster, open gate or ghost they should keep moving until 4 empty spaces? What if there are no available in that direction?

13) What happen if 1 or more Ghostbusters are at map edge/ obstacle and a corporeal ghost have to move toward & push? All Ghostbusters get pushed in an alternate direction instead?

14) I presume Ghostbusters can be push into Ecto-1 from all direction?

15) Taking Library as example, if left & right are long obstacle. A corporeal ghost canít move left/right due to random miss combat. It wonít move or move front/back as alternate direction instead?
    Last edited by RockerKing; 12-16-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerKing View Post
    Some questions which are bugging me:

If a ghost have to move toward the nearest Ghostbusters every turn/round, does the ghost stop adjacent to the Ghostbuster or pass through & slime? And if that Ghostbuster doesn’t move does the ghost just stop adjacent or keep sliming every turn/round?
    The ghost moves the distance specified. If this were to bring the ghost through the ghostbuster (or on the ghostbuster), the ghostbuster gets slimed.

I presume Ghostbuster inside Ecto-1 also consider nearest Ghostbuster?
    If the Ecto-1 is the closest and there is 1+ Ghostbuster inside, yes.

When Ghosts are moving 1 or more spaces toward the nearest Ghostbusters or goal every turn/round, do they pass through gates/ghosts so they could reach quicker or move around them?
    They pass through ghosts and gates, however, if a Galloping Ghoul/Gruesome Twosome/Boogaloo Manifestation ends on the same square as another of its kind, it gets upgraded.

Ghost emerges from the front space of Ecto-1, this mean the empty space in front of Ecto-1 or the front of the 2 spaces of Ecto-1?
    It would emerge in the square directly in front of the Ecto-1.

Slimer Scenario #4 Closed Gate effect – I presume it’s the Gate LOS toward each Ghostbuster and is still 3 LOS even if Ghostbusters have 4 LOS?
    Correct, this mission is very easy if you have Venkman's Level 5 ability.

I presume for all boss scenarios, you can defeat boss before closing gates and vice-versa?
    For the most part yes, however, some scenarios are impossible without closing some of the gates first.

Fearsome Flush – I presume Ghostbusters & open gates are not consider obstacle to stop movement?
    Ghostbusters no. From previous questions open gates would be an obstacle (though Mataio might overrule this).

I might have missed this. Does Peck randomly show up or do you just decide to start with him on the board?