Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Researching Spook Central Campaign??

So how much R&D went into the bonus campaigns? Because I tried out Scenario one and two of the Researching spook central campaigns the other night, and I have to tell you, one isnt super impossible but we messed up and didnt realize that the dogs couldn't meet or it was game over, so our bad on that one, but its still pretty rough, though they only move at the end of the round.

However the Cathulu spawns moving every turn and then once they are on someone there is pretty much no chance of that person going again for the rest of the game, thats rough, like I dont see how you can even do that scenario period.

Will be doing it again and again till I get it but its just rough if you ask me. Also noticed some errors on the set up with tiles, the numbers did not match which tile it was and there is on scenario 2 one extra class one, the scenario calls for 9 but there are only spots for 8 on the set up map.

Have not tried Cathulu yet. As you describe it, it sounds like you need to be spread out enough to give other GB shots at them.

There have been a few misprinted scenario cards, showing tiles with the wrong numbers, etc. They will likey have corrected reprints in future retail / Kickstarters. I'd imagine there might be an errata document out there from CZE at some point early this year.

Hello, a bunch of us over on BGG are wondering what happens to XP when you fail a scenario. Do you restart keeping XP earned? Restart going back to the XP you started the scenario with? I had suggested going back to the beginning XP of whatever level you are at when you failed the scenario.

Personally I like that idea but we were looking for an official answer. Thanks!

You restart in whatever way you and your group feels is most fun. This is not an official answer.

Haha! That's what I'm saying. Curious if Mataio has any input. What was his vision?

I have a question: on the Idulnas Incursion Scenario #2: when the ghosts are moving towards the goal, and for a reason (chaos die, missed proton stream, etc...) a ghost on the edge is forced off tile, are they gone from the game as per usual gameplay, or do they come back somehow?

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Per Sara, Mat is out till February.

So if you post questions and need an official ruling, it'll be a bit.

That being said, here are my questions!

I played the scenario Who Brought the Dog

1) Why is the Librarian in this scenario? Can she just never be trapped?
    2) Once you close the two open gates, all the ghosts get sucked in, then it's just the Terror Dogs, right?
    3) If all the gates are closed, how do you trap the Terror Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    I played the scenario Who Brought the Dog

1) Why is the Librarian in this scenario? Can she just never be trapped?
    No idea why she is in the scenario (probably to make it a little bit more challenging), but she cannot be trapped. However, if you close all the gates, she gets sucked into the spirit world.

2) Once you close the two open gates, all the ghosts get sucked in, then it's just the Terror Dogs, right?
    Correct, all ghosts (including the Librarian/Gray Lady) except the Terror Dogs get sucked into the Spirit World.

3) If all the gates are closed, how do you trap the Terror Dogs?
    The mission card specifically says that if only one terror dog is in the spirit world or if every gate is closed and both terror dogs are not in the spirit world, all the gates open.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    So you keep both gates open and force the dogs in before shutting them?

My question is concerning 'The Slimer Situation, scenario #4'.

If slimer leaves the map in a straight line, he appears on the opposite side off the map (leaves top, enters bottom- leaves left, enters right). Easy. If he moves diagonally though (let's say he's to the immediate left of slime marker #2 and must move up, right diagonally 2 squares), would he reenter tile S9 at the bottom of the map in the next column to the right, or would you draw a straight line behind him, causing him to reenter in tile S3 next to slime marker #4?

Also, are the slime markers removed when Slimer crosses them, or do they stay? In the above example, we had slimer recross slime marker #1. We were unsure of his 'to trap' counter would go up again for crossing the same slime marker again. I think 'no, they aren't removed' simply because his 'to trap' counter goes up to 8, and he'd only ever reach that count as soon as he reaches slime marker #4, which immediately ends the scenario, so it would be pointless to try to put 8 streams on him if the game is over.