Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Ghostbusters FAQs

Now that the game has been out for a few weeks and people have had a chance to play I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread for rules questions that come up. This way, if somebody missed something or there is a rule you're not quite sure how it is supposed to work, we can get it answered.

So, what constitutes an obstacle? For example, the Terror Dogs cannot move through obstacles, and push Ghostbusters. If the Ecto-1 is in the way do they pouch it back, or would they move around it? If they push it, what happens when there is a ghostbuster behind it? What happens if it hits the edge of the board or an orange/red line? If they move around could the Ecto-1 be used to block the Terror Dogs from meeting?

Second question (non-rules related) Does anybody have an idea why I cannot post in Chrome?

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I'll answer your 2nd question first. I can post in Chrome no problem.

1st question, I can't answer, as I don't have my game and am waiting to play it to learn the rules. (I'm stubborn)

Hi,

Thanks for writing.

"If the Ecto-1 is in the way do they pouch it back, or would they move around it?"

The Ecto-1 is not an obstacle. When a Ghost enters the same space as the Ecto-1, it sits on top of it (doing its best to balance) and incapacitates it. The Ecto-1 is not pushed by Stay Puft, a Terror Dog, or Spawn of Cathulhu.

Mataio Wilson
    Lead Design, Ghostbusters: The Board Game

Mataio, still a little confused. If a ghost (such as a Galloping Ghoul) were to land on the Ecto-1, does it stay there, or move through it?
    Would a Terror Dog move on top of the Ecto-1, or would it move around it?

Another question, how does Peck and Cathulu enter the game?

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Happy,
    Per Mat, he is saying the ghost can move through it if they need to, but they can also land on it.

Hi,

Any Ghost will sit on top of the Ecto-1, disabling it. The Terror Dog would also sit on top of it. You can check it out on page 17 of the Operations and Field Manual.

Mataio Wilson

Hi again!

Cathulhu has his own scenario from the Kickstarter unlocks. You can find him in Researching Spook Central Campaign, Scenario #4.

Peck on the other hand was designed to be dropped into any scenario, using the event die during setup to place him adjacent to a random Gate.

Mataio Wilson

Hi Werechicken,

Good to see you on the forums!

A Ghost will only move through the Ecto-1 if another Ghost happens to already be on the same space occupying it.

Thanks for helping out!

Mataio Wilson