Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Core system changes

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    My thoughts:

• I love the changes to champion health, feels more like WoWTCG heroes now with varying health pools depending on your champion.
    • I'm okay with the changes to crypt and kill.
    • I love the new art, but I'm sad that I'm getting my favorite sleeve taken away
    I'm also sad that one of my favorite sleeves is being taken away too. I can understand and respect the reasoning and I do think the replacement sleeve is cool, but I definitely need to logon tonight and take a screenshot of my favorite sleeve tonight before it goes away

We can thinking to different HP between limited and construct, with rng champ... Winter the moon in constructs with many draw spells don't have the same powerlvl in limited with only 1 or 2 arcane focus in your card pool, the same for zorzym put 3 eggs in a deck of 40 cards is better.

I actually love all the changes. Especially, Champion's health. It was from the beginning I questioned why HEX kept every champion at equal health as this game with champion system allows much more versatility in this area compared to Magic. Also, excited to see 2 more uncommons in booster packs as such change will make our draft/sealed better (I surmise as uncommons tend to form relative core of decks).
    Once an observer then Pro Tier, and now Grand King Tier.

Previous TCG Experience: Eye of Judgment, Magic the Gathering, Carte, Shadow Era, Yu Gi Oh, Ascension, Infinity Wars
    Currently Playing: HEX, Spellweaver
    Looking forward to: Warlords of Terra, Labyrinth

English Blog: Digital Card Gamers English
    日本語サイト: Digital Card Gamers Japanese
    HEX Search Engine
    Spellweaver Search Engine

Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    Ha at least someone liked my suggestion :P although i did say assassination so HS don't get all lawsuit happy.

The champion change is lets be honest very awesome and gives them a easy way to rein in champions running amok in the future as well as making the choice much more interesting. The 20 nogo thing is obviously absurdly silly and just makes me shake my head and finish emptying my MTGO account.

Murder to kill is sad as i thing that there were much better options out there for names.

Packs being bigger i actually think will make limited more fun but its hard to tell without trying it.

Lotus change i like the double carddraw for nothing always seemd silly to me and this makes it more interesting and the power is more variable.
    I don't think you got the double draw from the tiger when transforming the lotus. The lotus is already in play when it transforms.

Similarly, though, the squirrel (probably) won't give you a random rare or legendary since the acorn is already in play. However, I say probably since they haven't specifically said what hatch does.

Quote Originally Posted by HeXBazou View Post
    We can thinking to different HP between limited and construct, with rng champ... Winter the moon in constructs with many draw spells don't have the same powerlvl in limited with only 1 or 2 arcane focus in your card pool, the same for zorzym put 3 eggs in a deck of 40 cards is better.
    An excellent point. Will the same champions have a different starting health depending on whether they are in limited or constructed in the future? I doubt that was though of before!

Quote Originally Posted by facade View Post
    I don't think you got the double draw from the tiger when transforming the lotus. The lotus is already in play when it transforms.

Similarly, though, the squirrel (probably) won't give you a random rare or legendary since the acorn is already in play. However, I say probably since they haven't specifically said what hatch does.
    It returned to your hand before transforming, so you could immediately play it with the mana you made, making it a free draw-2 and get a 3/1 at *worst.*
    Since it maintains identical functionality, hatch should put it back in your hand as well, for squirrel triggers.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Master Theorycrafter
    Instead of core systems patch they should be calling it terms of the settlement were not disclosed patch...

It returned to your hand before transforming, so you could immediately play it with the mana you made, making it a free draw-2 and get a 3/1 at *worst.*
    Since it maintains identical functionality, hatch should put it back in your hand as well, for squirrel triggers.
    Ooops... I guess I should read the card. Sorry about that

To be fair, I haven't read the card in over a year. I hope I'm right :P
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

So they changed the game balance in a very significant way and always told us everything was already planned and balanced like that but have no qualms to change it now after it is released. I am surprised they could keep 60/40 card decks, 15 card sideboard for constructed, the mulligan system and the shard system. I was also expecting changes there as the shard system was the most obvious inspiration of the other game. Well I don't know if I am happy with the changes I need to play and see how it goes after it.