Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Core system changes

Rigid Buffalo
    In a Gumtree, eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew

The Wizard Patch - Core System Changes

Here comes what we've all known is coming: The Wizard Patch. On the upside, it's actually a benifit to the game:

GRAVEYARD IS NOW CRYPT - Name change, zero issues with this.

CHAMPIONS NOW VARY IN HEALTH - Holy... So now we can have stronger or weaker champions depending on their health? Incoming nerf to RW Ramp decks thank god. And it's a good change to edit if there's a few issues here and there with balance. Overall, it gives a bigger thought into what champ you pick.

You’ll see totals range from 14 to 19 and 21 to 26 in this update. - If is 14, holy hell.

BOOSTER PACKS GIVE MORE CARDS! - One more uncommon and common? I don't see any issue with this. Although Uncommons are going to be easier to get.

SPECTRAL LOTUS IS NOW SPECTRAL OAK
    - lol obvious bait is obvious

MURDER CARD NAME NOW ‘KILL’ - name change

Overall: The game actually improved because of this: champion health being different is awesome.

We appreciate your understanding of these changes and will not be discussing them outside of this communication. - THIS IS THE END OF THIS BULLSHIT NOW LET'S GET BACK TO ACTUALLY FINISHING PvE SOMETIME THIS CENTURY
    I backed Hex and all I got was this stupid signature.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrovoice View Post
    health change is a good thing imo, more design space. It is a bit stupid to fordib the number 20 tho...

Also, too bad for the naming convention. Apparently now we cannot have cards with names that already exists in magic...
    I wonder if they can get around that?

This champion has 19 health. At the start of the game, gain 1 health.

Booster packs have 17 cards now, but what about primal packs? Do those also get 2 extra cards?

I think the changes are fine and not a big deal. The health change is actually a great idea imo. I just wonder what happens in a draft with the extra cards (I guess there are just two more picks).

I personally don't like the health change. If it was a game balance decision, I would be fine with it, but knowing that Hex Ent preferred the 20-health-for-all system and only changed it because of outside factors makes me think it's overall a loss for the game.

Same goes for the additional cards in packs. It will be interesting to see how that particular change plays out, since it should increase the power level of limited decks a bit, but slightly decrease the amount of luck (since the quality of your rares/legendaries is now a bit less important). Economically it won't have a big impact overall, since the value of the commons and uncommons in a pack is generally pretty low, although it will probably further depress the value of commons and uncommons. I'm sure there will be plenty of calls for compensation from people who cracked packs and got 15 cards, where now they would have gotten 17 cards. That should be fun.

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Booster packs have 17 cards now, but what about primal packs? Do those also get 2 extra cards?
    Good question, also if that's the case I feel bad for anyone that just opened a bunch of them.

These changes are NUTS!

Get it Nuts! As in Squirrels and their Nuts LoL
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Audens View Post
    I personally don't like the health change. If it was a game balance decision, I would be fine with it, but knowing that Hex Ent preferred the 20-health-for-all system and only changed it because of outside factors makes me think it's overall a loss for the game.

Same goes for the additional cards in packs. It will be interesting to see how that particular change plays out, since it should increase the power level of limited decks a bit, but slightly decrease the amount of luck (since the quality of your rares/legendaries is now a bit less important). Economically it won't have a big impact overall, since the value of the commons and uncommons in a pack is generally pretty low, although it will probably further depress the value of commons and uncommons. I'm sure there will be plenty of calls for compensation from people who cracked packs and got 15 cards, where now they would have gotten 17 cards. That should be fun.
    I like the health change a lot. I mean, how many champions are viable right now? What about when some of them have 14 health and others have 23? Might make some of the weaker ones more interesting.

As for the cards in packs, meh, it's 1 common and 1 uncommon. Those are mostly worthless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    Good question, also if that's the case I feel bad for anyone that just opened a bunch of them.
    Why do you say this?

Here come the "where my 2 card threads"

If so I'm placing all blame on you!
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    That's a good point. The economic effect of adding a common and an uncommon to booster packs is small, but the effect of adding 2 more rares to each primal pack could be pretty big, depending on the relative values of rares and legendaries in the set. It would also increase the overall supply of rares by about 3.5%, presumably pushing down prices a bit.