Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Core system changes

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I guess I don't need to own spectrallotus.com anymore snagged it during the kickstarter. Freakin stupid legal slfja;lfsj
    I'll buy it from you for a dollar.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I guess I don't need to own spectrallotus.com anymore snagged it during the kickstarter. Freakin stupid legal slfja;lfsj
    Both Spectraloak.com and spectralacorn.com are still available
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Both Spectraloak.com and spectralacorn.com are still available
    Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Edit: Maybe I'll keep spectrallotus.com actually. It's kinda funny.
    Last edited by Drake6k; 12-10-2015 at 08:58 AM.
    Keep name: Drake
    Youtube: Drake6k

I would've thought that people would be used to cards that haven't been released yet carrying an assumed "subject to change" tag.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrender View Post
    I would've thought that people would be used to cards that haven't been released yet carrying an assumed "subject to change" tag.

Just saying.
    If you cant see that this one card is a little unique, there really isnt a point in discussing it with you.

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I just want to touch on the Tigers and the Equipment - I was absolutely planning some faction-based Tiger decks (especially with the Ardent Recruiter being a thing now, I would have really loved to use that) and having the Lotuses turn into Tigers that did everything plus buff your stuff was going to be good, plus including 4 base Tigers wouldn't have been terrible either. That whole concept is now entirely dead and it truly pisses me off, as I can't build a lot of things I was planning (and I will not be playing the squirrels in anything barring MAYBE a Pippet deck, which is so so so much more narrow than the Tigers uses.)

It went from something that was useful enough to not hate it off the pop and borderline playable (or even a borderline key card) in deckbuilding to being something that is borderline unplayable. How anyone can argue this baffles me - it went from being good enough in it's own right to flat-out being a liability.
    +1 Im totally with you

Metronomy, you wanted to discuss limited and pack sizes? Well I personally think it's a great thing. While the drafting process is a little less skill based (muddier reading, more wheeling) people will adapt, making the effect somewhat less noticeable. And yes, people will generally end up with better cards over all. However, now deckbuilding skill and reserve picks will have a much larger impact (especially when we have y-y-z and x-y-z drafts with this change, and getting multiples of certain cards is harder) which will actually help distinguish between players skill levels.

Sealed is just pure win, as the chances of instant-loss pools will go down significantly with 12 more cards, shifting the skill requirements again to more of a deckbuilder and player test, and less about a lucky pool.

I wholly approve of the changes, and I think that they hit the sweet spot for both draft and sealed with this change.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I gues we will have to wait and see. I wanted just to remind everyone that the 15 card packs with 40 card decks has prooved itself. Increasing to 17 while 40 stays has consequences. It might be even better for sealed but for drafting I feel like its a big importance loss for "drafting skills". Time will tell I gues but right now im very skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    I gues we will have to wait and see. I wanted just to remind everyone that the 15 card packs with 40 card decks has prooved itself. Increasing to 17 while 40 stays has consequences. It might be even better for sealed but for drafting I feel like its a big importance loss for "drafting skills". Time will tell I gues but right now im very skeptical.
    Could you elaborate on what type of consequences and how it's a loss of 'drafting skills'?

From my experience, having too many options actually makes it more difficult to know what to pick and what to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    So..I just scanned over that thread. Is all the fuzz realy about the change of tiger into squirrel and hatch instead of bounce ?

I can understand that backers feel a bit disappointed. Then again I dont. And here is why. The card is absurdly mindnumblingy busted even with the slight change. Encounters will probably made trivial if you have 4 of those in your deck. Honestly I feel like its a big obstacle for balancing. Either you balance encounters around the acorn or you dont. In first case encounters will be very hard (and easily too hard) without the acorn and in the second case encounters will be easy when you bring the acorn (most probably too easy).

That being said I can understand you want to debate over the intricacies of how the card is supposed to work. Its important (especially the question hammer raised). But I just simply see no reason to be frustrated about a slight nerf. I predict the card will cause issues in the future for balancing reasons and it wont be the last time we will debate over the card.

When I entered the thread I expected to see a discussion about the pack size change to be honest. I would be interested to see how others feel about that. For me this is the one change I have problems with. Its almost impossible to not come up with a decent draft deck now. Therefore bad drafting skills get not punished nearly as hard as they was before. On the other side its much harder now to read signals. The times of misreading signals will increase (and often times those are next to impossible to prevent). Therefore the superior strategy is much or less forcing from the begining. I gues you can alternatively as well surf even longer. The point is more that you can do pretty much anything now when it comes to drafting. It doesnt matter that much aynmore. Its much harder to get an edge with better drafting skills now.

For sealed it may interestingly enough look differently. The amount of alternatives has increased (for example b/d, b/s and w/s can all be viable now whereas before you HAD to go with b/d because of the lack of alternatives). So finding the right deck choice is harder (on the other hand its much easier once more to end up with a decent deck). For sealed I see less problems overall.

I understand HXE wont discuss anything but that doesnt mean we cannot. Maybe and just maybe it is wise to think about an increase of minimum deck size (something between 43 or 45). Nothing prevents HXE to increase the limited deck size I would think. They probably have to stick with 17 cards for a pack but why not increase the deck size as well. I am just throwing it out there. The reason is that 40 correlates with 15 card packs. Those are the juicy numbers. They work well and its prooved. So if you change the 15 why not change the 40. Would solve the drafting problem for the most part. Feel free to discuss..
    Thanks for chiming in with this point!

I think raising the limit to 45 is a great idea. That would basically require 3 more playables from 6 more picks + increased uncommon availability... Seems more than reasonable.

If you want to start a separate petition topic to raise the limited deck requirement, I would sign that in a heartbeat.
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma