Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Core system changes

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I'd like to see core system changes for both limited and constructed deck sizes.
    It would be quite refreshing to see a change from 40 to 50, and a change from 60 to 75.
    It will probably never happen though, as many of the RNG elements of deck inserts/reinserts is around the % chance to draw them.

What was always painful to stomach was how close this game attempted to carbon copy the framework of MTG, and this is why we now have these bizarre changes, but it would be nice to see those changes stretched out across more aspects of the game, where those changes work. It's never too late to diversify, when that diversification does not devaluecollections.
    God no, that would be terrible

They did say that this was going to be the one and only system overhaul. I think at this point it is too late to diversify :P
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

"You should not expect any of the core systems in the future will be changed to this degree. This is a one-time event."

The exact quote. I dont think its out of the question they update the limited deck size minimum to 45 or 50. Imo it would just correlate with the pack size change nicely.

But then again they tested the pack size change and are happy with the results. Hard to imagine they didnt debate a minimum deck size increase while they did that. So that probably means we wont see it. I remain skeptical since the pack size change sure has consequences (epsecially for draft).
    Last edited by Metronomy; 12-10-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the new draft/sealed pool. I think it would of been better to cut a common and go down to 14 cards per pack. I am honestly not sure why they opted more cards route.

As other have stated, increase pack size should correlate directly to an increased deck size. I feel 45 is an odd number, so make it 50. This puts more emphasis on skill than just mashing together the cards. The increased pool, especially the uncommon slot is IMO after 2 drafts and a sealed, isn't fun.

Honestly if they are trying to change everything, there are a lot of cool things that could of did to enhance the basic resources (Like make every card a resource how Vs Did it, but you lose the card, while some would have the ability to remove itself) Or maybe they can grant you a minor version of that card.

On top of the my biggest complaint frankly is this should of been done before the 100k tournament. If they knew they needed changes, they should of delayed it. Instead Cryptozoic went all crypto on us and decided we didn't need to be in the loop about all the changes and internally Zared is by far the most powerful champion by the testing they did...

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    "You should not expect any of the core systems in the future will be changed to this degree. This is a one-time event."

The exact quote. I dont think its out of the question they update the limited deck size minimum to 45 or 50. Imo it would just correlate with the pack size change nicely.
    Another exact quote is:

We’ve thoroughly tested this addition to packs and are happy with the results in booster draft and sealed deck.
    They are happy with the result, so keeping it at 40 is what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by swigmonkey View Post
    On top of the my biggest complaint frankly is this should of been done before the 100k tournament. If they knew they needed changes, they should of delayed it. Instead Cryptozoic went all crypto on us and decided we didn't need to be in the loop about all the changes and internally Zared is by far the most powerful champion by the testing they did...
    There were likely stipulations on the timeframe for when these changes had to be implemented as part of the settlement. I'm guessing "by the end of the year". Otherwise, they would have just sat on them for months/years before finally being like "okay, NOW we'll implement the changes required".

The rules changed the same for everyone. Adapt.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

The oak/acorn/squirrel change is pretty lame but I guess unavoidable. It's a shame we're losing the art on the sleeves, though, I really loved that sleeve art. I wish they'd just changed "lotus" to "flower" and "tiger" to "cat" or something similar.

The champion health changes seem like a positive step though.
    -------
    "Surprise"

I wonder if there will be a means to Extended-Art/foil my Spectral Oaks so that they can create EA/Foil acorns (and dream squirrels). Epic Questline to upgrade the Lotus Garden please!
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

I wonder if there will be a means to Extended-Art/foil my Spectral Oaks so that they can create EA/Foil acorns (and dream squirrels). Epic Questline to upgrade the Lotus Garden please!
    All kinds of yes to this! With a large emphasis on EA/Foil Acorns and Squirrels, that stay EA/Foiled through your whole collection of acorns and squirrels. No matter how many nuts you bust. Also, only available with 4 Acorns and 4 Squirrels at the start of your run.

*Tenting hands while considering my Spectral Oaks (hopefully) added value*