Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 576

Thread: Core system changes

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    843

    Core system changes

    https://www.hextcg.com/core-system-changes-in-hex/

    Thats just... I mean, thats pretty big in regards to the champion health.

    Someone here called it. A lot of changes being pushed through due to the settlement with wizards. Excited to see them, and more than a little surprised how far they went. (I mean, 20 life total seems innocuous enough)
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

  2. #2

    Core System Changes

    https://www.hextcg.com/core-system-changes-in-hex/

    Honestly, these seem very minor. The health thing is the biggest issue, but I honestly like the idea of varying health per champion. Interesting way to allow for some more interesting charge powers.

    The number of cards per pack will affect draft... will be interesting to see how. Still the same number of Legendaries/Rares but an extra uncommon per pack.

    Crypt/Murder we knew... those are cosmetic, no big deal.

    The Spectral Lotus (first of all seems weird to make them change an homage card) changes I'm actually excited for. I like the Squirrel way better than the tiger.

  3. #3
    Looks awesome! To the future!

  4. #4
    I think the health changes are going to be huge for shaking up the metagame and encouraging previously underutilized champions.

    But really, all that pales in comparison to the DREAM SQUIRREL

    Seriously. DREAM. SQUIRREL.

    That is all.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinotropia View Post
    I think the health changes are going to be huge for shaking up the metagame and encouraging previously underutilized champions.

    But really, all that pales in comparison to the DREAM SQUIRREL

    Seriously. DREAM. SQUIRREL.

    That is all.
    You know squirrels don't like dinosaurs, right?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubrin View Post
    You know squirrels don't like dinosaurs, right?
    Give peace a chance

  7. #7
    health change is a good thing imo, more design space. It is a bit stupid to fordib the number 20 tho...

    Also, too bad for the naming convention. Apparently now we cannot have cards with names that already exists in magic...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrovoice View Post
    health change is a good thing imo, more design space. It is a bit stupid to fordib the number 20 tho...

    Also, too bad for the naming convention. Apparently now we cannot have cards with names that already exists in magic...
    I wonder if they can get around that?

    This champion has 19 health. At the start of the game, gain 1 health.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrovoice View Post
    health change is a good thing imo, more design space. It is a bit stupid to fordib the number 20 tho...

    Also, too bad for the naming convention. Apparently now we cannot have cards with names that already exists in magic...
    We probably can, but not with identical converted cost and functionality. I will miss Murder. It has far more panaché than Kill.

    You also suggested we cannot have heroes at 20 health. Thats probably not true, but we know they can not all be 20. We'll see tomorrow I suppose.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafoote View Post
    We probably can, but not with identical converted cost and functionality. I will miss Murder. It has far more panaché than Kill.
    I prefer Kill. It seems far more ruthless than Murder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •