Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about Ghosts

So how do you determine which ghost in each class to use in your scenario? If a scenario calls for, just say, 4 class 1 Ghosts, how to you know which Class 1 ghosts to use?

Typically, Galloping Ghouls are the thing to use. But if you have extra Kickstarter Class 1's, then feel free to use any Class 1.
    Scenarios don't require a specific Class 1 to be used. Just keep in mind that the scenario could swing +/- 15.8% in difficulty depending on which ones you use.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Cool, thanks for the reply! Also, do all Class 1 Ghosts have to be the same (all Class 1s are Ghouls, Drivers, or Flushes) or can they be mixed and matched (some Ghouls, Drivers, and Flushes), or does it matter?

Mix and match is the most fun. Doesn't matter in the end.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If you have different class 1s (say a galloping ghoul and a zombie taxi driver) when you need to bring one out of the spirit world, is there any rhyme or reason to which one you grab? Does the same hold true if you have both a regular and impossible mode version of the same ghost in the spirit world?

Quote Originally Posted by Rule42 View Post
    If you have different class 1s (say a galloping ghoul and a zombie taxi driver) when you need to bring one out of the spirit world, is there any rhyme or reason to which one you grab? Does the same hold true if you have both a regular and impossible mode version of the same ghost in the spirit world?
    In the office, I like to use a d6 to settle it. If there are two Ghosts of the same class, I use odd/even with the d6 along with rolling the PKE d8 to determine its placement adjacent to the Gate it is coming out of.

With Impossible Mode Ghosts, they always comes out first, followed by standard blue versions.

Mataio Wilson
    Lead Design, Ghostbusters: The Board Game

Not sure if I missed this in the rulebook but had a question about ghost combining. If a galloping ghoul and a galloping ghoul occupy the same square they become a gruesome twosome. If a gruesome twosome and a gruesome twosome occupy the same square they become a boogaloo manifestation. My question is what happens when a galloping ghoul occupies the same square as a gruesome twosome? I thought this would have made a class 3 ghost but according card it says two gruesome twosomes make a boogaloo. thanks again.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Correct, they just pass through each other.

They don't combine to make anything.

Just bought the game and trying to make sense of the rules. Either I'm dim or the Ghost Movement section doesn't actually mention how far a ghost moves? Also "If adjacent to its target, a Ghost will move into and through the target’s space." is confusing. Does it stop after it's moved through the target?

Quote Originally Posted by karohemd View Post
    Just bought the game and trying to make sense of the rules. Either I'm dim or the Ghost Movement section doesn't actually mention how far a ghost moves? Also "If adjacent to its target, a Ghost will move into and through the targetís space." is confusing. Does it stop after it's moved through the target?
    The Ghost's card tells you how far they move (either when hit, or when missed). They don't move other than that unless it says so on their ghost card, the scenario card, or if you roll an event dice and get Chaos.

And yes, after it moves through you, it stops after it has completed it's move (that is, it might move through you, and still have 1 or two spaces to continue moving, as directed on it's ghost card).