Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sensei of the Wounded Petal

Angry Enter Sandman, exit fun

Hey guys!

So I played the first Sedgewick mission, with Sandman as the boss. We played with 8 characters (No Kylie), 4 players. We rolled the event die every 4 character turns. We started every character on 0 xp.
    We split up and tried to take different pockets of ghosts on at the same time, we were fine till Sandman started putting us to sleep. (Surprise!)
    It was very difficult.

Needless to say, I have questions about Sandman and how he works, but also, I want to see you guys play this and get back to me.

At one point, 7 out of 8 were asleep (Go Rookie!) and it became clear we were going to lose, so I fudged the rules a bit, just because we were having such a hard time and had the Sandman take a time out. The dice rolls were not with us.
    Long story short, we lost. Big time.

Do you think I should have started people with some XP? Between Sandman and the Slumber Gates (and getting slimed while asleep) this was a very difficult "first" mission.

This is not a complaint thread, I don't want this to come off as me whining that it's "too hard". I just want to see if anyone has played him yet.

Trust me, we will go after him again.

Sometimes we Learn from our failures. Good luck!

Baby Yeti
    Hmmm... I'll be playing Ghostbusters this weekend. Perhaps I'll advocate for this scenario. If we play it, I'll let you know how it goes.

Baby Yeti
    **NOTE: MINOR STRATEGY SPOILERS WITHIN**
    We played this mission this weekend and we really enjoyed it! It was tough, but fun. We played with 4 Busters: The B Team (Ortiz, Anderson, Rookie and Griffin). We started at 0XP. I think our biggest boon and our biggest danger was that we bunched up and stayed together. If we had rolled a Chaos Symbol while the Sandman was right next to ALL of us we would have lost. We lucked out in that regard.

We kept our busters paired up so that one could wake the other if needed (and it was needed a LOT). We focused on trapping Sandman first, then took out the gates. It seemed to work really well. We decided to trade out Ortiz for Stanz for the next scenario because we found that she was not advancing at the same rate as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyAaron View Post
    We focused on trapping Sandman first, then took out the gates.
    We had to do this as well. When we tried to close a gate first, we ended up just having a 50% chance on our Sandman / Event rolls to get put to sleep. Too many actions spent on waking others up and not catching or removing slime.

Ok, so big question, when sandman teleports at the end of round, do you lose any streams attached to him? Because he teleported NEARER to the stream projecting GB. Its not stated in any ruleset I can find. Thanks

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    We discussed this. We felt that if he ends up in our LOS after teleporting, we still have the stream.

Anybody else want to weigh in?

We have been using the same, and say that LoS trumps.

Baby Yeti
    I agree. Teleporting is a form of movement and all that matters for keeping streams during movement is whether the ghost is still in LOS at the end of the move. If the ghost ends movement with line of sight to the GB with the stream on, the stream stays on.

Is the Sandman a ghost? IE, Can he move through walls and slime the ghostbusters?

And I assume a sleeping ghostbuster can still be slimed?

How do you all keep track of who's asleep? I've been placing the spectral ghostbusters on the character cards.