Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arena and Campaign

Arena and Campaign

So with the campaign on the horizon Soon(tm) I was thinking about Frostring Arena since I doubt they are just going to ditch Arena once the campaign is out.

I would like to see Frostring Arena added to the campaign world and be able to use our PvE champions/mercs in the Arena, obviously Arena would need to be modified to fit this, but I think it would be nice and keep Arena relevant inside the game world as a nice break from the normal campaign.

Also I would like to see Frostring Arena get more difficulty modes or at least different match ups. You could basically create "seasons" as tiered arena fights and once you Perfect a season you could skip entire seasons. Plus each season could have its own super rare fight like Uruunaz in the current version.

Heck you could even make the seasons match sets. So Frostring Season 1 would be sets 1 and 2, season 2 would be sets 3 and 4, etc so you would know "Hey this is a set 2 card that I want equipment for so I need to hit season 1, or this is a set 6 so I need to hit season 3.

I just want to see a more evolved Frostring Arena down the road instead of it kind of languishing in its current form. You could even have seasons that are single tier Raids where all of the fights leading up to the boss fight were themed, but its random which one you get anytime you enter.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinRaven View Post
    So with the campaign on the horizon Soon(tm) I was thinking about Frostring Arena since I doubt they are just going to ditch Arena once the campaign is out.

I would like to see Frostring Arena added to the campaign world and be able to use our PvE champions/mercs in the Arena, obviously Arena would need to be modified to fit this, but I think it would be nice and keep Arena relevant inside the game world as a nice break from the normal campaign.

Also I would like to see Frostring Arena get more difficulty modes or at least different match ups. You could basically create "seasons" as tiered arena fights and once you Perfect a season you could skip entire seasons. Plus each season could have its own super rare fight like Uruunaz in the current version.

Heck you could even make the seasons match sets. So Frostring Season 1 would be sets 1 and 2, season 2 would be sets 3 and 4, etc so you would know "Hey this is a set 2 card that I want equipment for so I need to hit season 1, or this is a set 6 so I need to hit season 3.

I just want to see a more evolved Frostring Arena down the road instead of it kind of languishing in its current form. You could even have seasons that are single tier Raids where all of the fights leading up to the boss fight were themed, but its random which one you get anytime you enter.
    I actually thought about this last night. As crazy as it seems, I hope they shelve arena once campaign hits. They can reiterate it at a later date. It would be funny if arena was the best way to farm gold and we were missing it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinRaven View Post

I think these are good ideas, CZE will continue to iterate once the game stabilizes a bit more, I just hope they continue to give us a really good heads up before they pull something (which they always have, to be honest), so those who felt they didn't have the opportunity to farm can do so.

They already have plans to add more to arena. On the last test server we even had the ability to face hogath in the arena (though it was bugged).
    Mercenaries will be usable in arena at some stage as well. Arena was simply ready earlier so they launched it without mercenaries. I don't know about created champions but I would assume they would be usable too.

if they remove the arena it means those equips everyone has at least 25 times will start dropping in the campaign, so I hope the arena remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    if they remove the arena it means those equips everyone has at least 25 times will start dropping in the campaign, so I hope the arena remains.
    It doesn't necessitate that they could announce a month before it is eliminated and then not have the drops appear anywhere else period. They have never said that every pve card would always be obtainable outside the AH.

High Tomb Lord
    Frankly I don't care if Arena leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

I don't see why they would remove the arena, it still has a place in the game even if it becomes less popular.

Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    I don't see why they would remove the arena, it still has a place in the game even if it becomes less popular.
    As has been pointed out previously, it literally has a place in the game, being part of the world of Entrath that will be explored. At some point, our heroes will come across the Frost Ring in their travels. It wouldn't surprise me if the devs shut down the Arena for a short time prior to that part of the PvE campaign being released and retooled it a bit.

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    Yeah there's no way it's leaving. I could see it maybe getting temporarily closed while they figure out a nice place to slot it into the rest of the campaign, and they possibly update it with more encounters/bosses, and adjust the balance to take Champion levels/talents into consideration, maybe even add hard modes for greater challenges... In a way the Frost Ring Arena has a framework kinda similar to Rifts in Diablo 3's adventure mode, the content is randomized based on a pool of encounters and events, and they can add more stuff to the pool over time to keep it fresh. It's simple for them to maintain and it has connection to the lore so it's not like it's out of place or anything, it'll just be one more dungeon amongst the rest of the campaign.