Thread: tournament timer really?

tournament timer really?

Today I was in IQ and I had 20 minutes to create a deck. As I was thinking over my last choices and was about to press the save button at timer 0:35. The game simply shoved all my cards and went on to matchmaking. Why would you even put a timer if it's misguiding. I would then be happier with having no timer than a one that says you have time and then proceeds starting the tournament anyway. I am not arguing about the 20 minutes, you can cut it to 10, even 5, just make the timer show the correct time. Because I could have at least 1 win instead of 250 cards. That is all.

Seems like a pretty reasonable complaint especially since HEX wants to be taken seriously as a high-stakes tournament game.

I also had a similar problem (but waaaay off) during the sideboard timer. It stated 5 minutes and while I was fixing my cards in sideboard BAM! it took me to the match (5 minutes remaining!) I didn't click save, I was working on my cards! Since then I feel insecure working on sideboard and I try to do it FAST and save before minute 4 occurs. I don't know if that was fixed, the distrust is just too big and I don't want to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by RanaDunes View Post
    I also had a similar problem (but waaaay off) during the sideboard timer. It stated 5 minutes and while I was fixing my cards in sideboard BAM! it took me to the match (5 minutes remaining!) I didn't click save, I was working on my cards! Since then I feel insecure working on sideboard and I try to do it FAST and save before minute 4 occurs. I don't know if that was fixed, the distrust is just too big and I don't want to risk it.
    But sideboard isn't ever 5 minutes wouldn't that tip you off that something is wrong?
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    But sideboard isn't ever 5 minutes wouldn't that tip you off that something is wrong?
    Seems unreasonable for players to know this when there isn't a comprehensive rules document and the in-game client tells you something else. Not everyone has played 100 tournaments like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Selanius View Post
    Seems unreasonable for players to know this when there isn't a comprehensive rules document and the in-game client tells you something else. Not everyone has played 100 tournaments like us.
    That is a fair point i guess, they really need to fix the timer thing even if i can argue that you shouldn't ever make your first save at the last moment since you could technically disconnect before then. But the timer still needs to reflect the actual time remaining for sure.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    Would not be that weird to think that a IQ gives longer sideboard times either

The Transcended
    Timer bugs are a huge deal and need to be fixed ASAP. I have had things like the OP happen to me as well, though thankfully not in a major event like an IQ.

Also, this should probably be in the Bug forum.

fix your system clock (windows date/time settings) to avoid these bugs

i have a laptop whose clock goes out of sync for whatever reason, but i never had this bug on desktop