Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns over Elf Warlock

High Tomb Lord

Concerns over Elf Warlock

The update today was awesome and while not a fan of dwarf I am glad the update is showing some cool stuff and the char creation scene is epic. However I'm deeply horribly concerned over a few things regarding my fave race class combo. Elf Warlocks. Warlocks strike me as going to have a very interesting talent tree given how distinctly vast each race is as a Warlock. So begs the question how Hex will create a tree that all eight races can use equally. Elves in particular are the most concerning they use plants and are only class to utilize plants as a weapon. (Elf mages maybe as well) So I'm concerned how the talents be made to suit all races. Also I'm concerned about the fact there is quite literally only 4 Wild Warlocks. Rythmic Spiritualist, Spirit Oracle, Brairpatch Conjurer, and Rotroot Enchanter. A lot of recently spoiled cards benefit from Race or Classes being shared by your troops and champion but the way I see an Elf Warlock working is either Ruby/Wild or Wild only and frankly I only own a Necrotic Warlock. So I really don't wanna use bad guys and good guys in a deck and I prefer mono races with other supporting races thrown in (plants spirits satyrs etc) So I'm hoping I can play as an Elf Warlock and not worry bout being vastly.. Drastically limited to what I can play. With Shin'hare I have plenty of Warlocks that I can easily make almost half my troops Warlock Shin'hare only very easily but there is only quite literally honest to god only two Elf Warlocks so... That limits things BADLY.....

I love Hex and can't wait for PVE and cleric tree spoiled today makes me hyped for it but.. I'm overtly paranoid bout how limited one of my three fave races is impossible as far as I know to properly play my fave class...
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

luckily for you, you can stop worrying since you wont get pve for about a few more months!

Can we please have some temp bans for people who just jump from thread to thread to spread dissent. just like a day pretty please Phenteo?

#obiwanspideryouareouronlyhope
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    The update today was awesome and while not a fan of dwarf I am glad the update is showing some cool stuff and the char creation scene is epic. However I'm deeply horribly concerned over a few things regarding my fave race class combo. Elf Warlocks. Warlocks strike me as going to have a very interesting talent tree given how distinctly vast each race is as a Warlock. So begs the question how Hex will create a tree that all eight races can use equally. Elves in particular are the most concerning they use plants and are only class to utilize plants as a weapon. (Elf mages maybe as well) So I'm concerned how the talents be made to suit all races. Also I'm concerned about the fact there is quite literally only 4 Wild Warlocks. Rythmic Spiritualist, Spirit Oracle, Brairpatch Conjurer, and Rotroot Enchanter. A lot of recently spoiled cards benefit from Race or Classes being shared by your troops and champion but the way I see an Elf Warlock working is either Ruby/Wild or Wild only and frankly I only own a Necrotic Warlock. So I really don't wanna use bad guys and good guys in a deck and I prefer mono races with other supporting races thrown in (plants spirits satyrs etc) So I'm hoping I can play as an Elf Warlock and not worry bout being vastly.. Drastically limited to what I can play. With Shin'hare I have plenty of Warlocks that I can easily make almost half my troops Warlock Shin'hare only very easily but there is only quite literally honest to god only two Elf Warlocks so... That limits things BADLY.....

I love Hex and can't wait for PVE and cleric tree spoiled today makes me hyped for it but.. I'm overtly paranoid bout how limited one of my three fave races is impossible as far as I know to properly play my fave class...
    Congrats you just made one of the most self absorbed posts I have seen on the forums. I prefer elf warlocks dealing with ramp, guess that would run afoul of your wushes, why make a post like this.
    Last edited by plaguedealer; 01-08-2016 at 08:39 PM.

High Tomb Lord
    Um.. I didn't think I was being self absorbed...
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

Um.. I didn't think I was being self absorbed...
    Your argument is partialy based on your desire to not use bad guys and good guys in a deck, and you prefer mono races. You are basically trying to argue for a class that fits your particular play style which may be completely different then someone else.

Race bonuses have been general in nature it is likely the elf will be focused on ramp or playing big creatures.

High Tomb Lord
    While I admit I probably will have to use other classes in my deck I really don't wanna use Underworld cards in a Ardent Champion led deck...
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

While I admit I probably will have to use other classes in my deck I really don't wanna use Underworld cards in a Ardent Champion led deck...
    Ok do you think they will force you to use good and bad guys, probably not. A card does not have to have warlock in it for it to go in a warlock deck. A warlock deck will probably be based off sacrificing so you dont necessarily have to sacrifice another warlock.

High Tomb Lord
    Well Not exactly it's just I want as many warlocks of same race as my champion as I can possibly get in deck and have it work reasonably but Elves got... Two.. So that's a major problem... I'm under the firm believe that Campaign will reward focusing on your class in troops but Elves don't have enough to build a deck...
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

Well Not exactly it's just I want as many warlocks of same race as my champion as I can possibly get in deck and have it work reasonably but Elves got... Two.. So that's a major problem... I'm under the firm believe that Campaign will reward focusing on your class in troops but Elves don't have enough to build a deck...
    For the priest class where do you see multiple priests cards needed, you dont. Likely the same with warlock.