Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gameforge's pricing policy on platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    Are people really concerned over pennies?
    Wow, I read this wrong so many times. Was confused why people are answering it so seriously.

On-topic: I love/hate the current pricing. I like the fact that it doesn't make me spend more money on it because I feel like I'm getting ripped off if I buy only a small amount of plat, but on the other hand, I hate it when I decide that I want to finally spend 50-100 euros on it, but end up not spending that much, since I don't get a discount.

I would still take the discount though, but I have no idea what kinda impact it would have on the economy, and I'm too lazy (since I just woke up) to read up all the replies right now, that would probably enlighten me.

Laggi, to summarize the official statement, the only way a discount would work would be to keep the 100 euro package the same but make the cheaper ones more expensive. Which would suck.

Is this seriously a 3 page thread about 19 cents? I think you have bigger problems than HEX.

Again not 19 cents for everyone 2.5 dollars for me for example and people are absolutely entitled to a opinion when they are being punished for spending more.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

It may be small thing, but it's such a basic, trivial thing to mess up and their inability to fix after all this time is worrisome.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
    Is this seriously a 3 page thread about 19 cents? I think you have bigger problems than HEX.
    No, there is a significant side discussion about exchange rates, which Chark himself came in to comment on. I agree the 19 cents are not a big deal, though it is a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    No, there is a significant side discussion about exchange rates, which Chark himself came in to comment on. I agree the 19 cents are not a big deal, though it is a bit odd.
    Yes, one would think there is nothing preventing them from changing the price of the biggest deal to 99.80 dollars and be done with it. That's the part that seems strange to me. Surely that difference is smaller than the goodwill it would create.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    The reason why we don't discount bulk purchases is that we decided to not play that game. We could have set that up, but the reality would have been is that it would have been 100 plat per 1USD at the top end. It's not like the base line would have been at 100 plat per 1USD and then you would have gotten a discount for buying more. Maybe it was the wrong decision, since people tend to be very used to a bulk discount, but we're pretty far down the current path that I think a change now would not resonate well with players.
    The change would resonate very well with me. I've always been completely mystified as to why in every other F2P/microtrans game I play, I get a discount for buying more in-game currency, yet in Hex I do not. And yes, I do tend to spend a little more at a time if I get a bulk discount. I've done it in League of Legends often. I also think it would benefit Hex as you might find yourself with fewer transactions, and I'm going to assume that your credit card processor charges you fees based on the number of transactions.

You wouldn't hear me whine about bulk discounts on plat.

Other F2P/microtransaction models that have discounts are not attempting to maintain value of the cards or items in your inventory. Most are account locked and only serve to benefit you. They cannot be gifted to other players. So they are a pseudo currency. Look at the obvious comparison of mtgo. There are not discounts for Event Tickets - which are equivolent to plat. (can be bought w/ real life money and traded or used to get other items).

Quote Originally Posted by HaemishM View Post
    The change would resonate very well with me. I've always been completely mystified as to why in every other F2P/microtrans game I play, I get a discount for buying more in-game currency, yet in Hex I do not. And yes, I do tend to spend a little more at a time if I get a bulk discount. I've done it in League of Legends often. I also think it would benefit Hex as you might find yourself with fewer transactions, and I'm going to assume that your credit card processor charges you fees based on the number of transactions.

You wouldn't hear me whine about bulk discounts on plat.
    I feel like people in favor of a "discount" still don't understand the ramifications of this. They keep assuming that this will be implemented like so (changes in bold):

4.99 Euros - 700 plat
    99.99 Euros - 28,000 plat (was 14,000 plat)

Where the reality the change would be:

4.99 Euros - 350 plat (was 700 plat)
    99.99 Euros - 14,000 plat