Translated Versions

Hey guys,

are there any plans to translate the game to other languages? German for example?

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Was it only ever sold with English?

Well here in Germany there's no translated game available. I own the english version and I love the game, but Ghostbusters has a lot of funny technobabble which get's a bit tricky for me in english.

Hm...I'm guessing we'd need somebody fluent in both languages to help you out.

There are some publishers that make localized game versions for Germany. It has happened with some other miniature games like Zombicide or Descent. But they'd have to pay for the license first, in case of Ghostbuster to Sony(for the brandname) and Cryptozoic(for the IP of the game mechanics). And the downside would be that we'd only get a German version of the retailer base game, but not for all the exclusive stuff because they will never get the rights to reprint those cards and won't even bother to try because they can't reproduce the minis for them.
    Just look at Zombicide for an example. You can get three of the base games and two expansions in German. But if you want to play with the exclusive characters, you have to mix languages because you can only get those in english(If you're willing to pay almost the price of an expansion for one figure, that is!). That's the reason many german players buy the games in english.
    But at least they did reprints of the character cards so you can use them with proxy figures. I hope Cryptozoic considers the same for Ghostbusters.

Maybe you can post anything you're having trouble being explained?

Hi there, I am simply copying my post from the facebook group:

Hey Guys. I'm currently translating the game to german. I have finished some cards already, but I don't think it's ok to post them here, because it's still the official cryptozoic artwork, I just changed the text. I don't want to get into copyright issues...Anyway, maybe here are some other german players who would be interested in german cards and would like to share their thoughts with me. I could start a new group then, where we could discuss translations etc.