Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronicles of Entrath

Chronicles of Entrath

Much like the meteor Hex that crashed into Entrath, our PVE Campaign will soon be making its impact on your world.

With a main story to explore (as well as a multitude of side quests) and, for the first time, characters you can actually interact with, places you can visit, and things to kill (so many things to kill!) I am hoping the release of Chronicles of Entrath Chapter One will revive the Lore section of the forums. Part of the slowdown here has been my fault, I've had my head buried in campaign work for months, which left me with little time to interact with you Hex maniacs.

But now I can come up for air a bit (before diving back down for Campaign Chapter 2), I hope to get the discussion going again.

Once you guys get to play, I'd like to get your feedback on story stuff. What characters you connect with, what stories you enjoyed, and what didn't quite work. Is there too much dialogue? Not enough? I've played so many video games with crappy writing, I really tried to make our in-game dialogue entertaining, informative, and balanced. I also have to give a shout-out to Jacob, one of our game designers who stepped in and helped out when the sheer volume of writing got a bit overwhelming.

Our big hope with the campaign is that it will tempt many new players to try out the Hex playground, which should also help juice the discussions here.

On a personal note, this is a gratifying moment for me. I've been with Hex since the project was little more than slides in a PowerPoint file. Of the entire Hex team, only Cory, Ben Stoll, and Kyle Heuer have been here longer than me. This is the biggest creative project I've ever worked on and I am quite proud of what we've made.

As they say in PVP chat, GL and HF! See you in Entrath!

Based solely on the lore snippets on the main site, I'm very much looking forward to exploring your Entrath, Loregoyle. I'll be happy to post my thoughts here once we can dive into it!

Quote Originally Posted by AswanJaguar View Post
    I'll be happy to post my thoughts here once we can dive into it!
    I'd be happy to post my thoughts now. Please provide developer server access so that I can do so. Thanks in advance!

High Tomb Lord
    Lore you can count on me to obsess over lore
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Master Theorycrafter
    Even if it makes me sound like a Debby Downer, I've seen too many forums turn a bit toxic after a release, so it's always a nice thing to always state before such a release and opinions and reviews roll in on is, "Please keep feedback constructive and civil".

(It's ok to not like something, hence the devs asking for your feedback, but when it comes to negative feedback "It was bad" or "It sucked" doesn't really give them much to work with when it comes to fixing the problem. So please explain why you didn't like something, even if it's something simply like "I thought this part was too short or too long" or "I didn't fully understand this part". Any and all critiques helps the devs hone in on the players' needs so they may better adjust and put out a better product at the end of the day.)

Anway....

I do look forward to finally being able to play PvE, and i'll be sure to leave my feedback along the way. Even with the small amount we've been seeing, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great game.

On a bit of an off topic, as the lore guy, is there a possibility in the future of the addition of a codex to hold all the lore bits? I've always been a sucker for a codex, especially since they can add a lot of depth to a world without having to build content around each thing, and it's a nice place to browse all the unlocked lore bits without having to scavenge around everywhere in case you forgot something. Plus, the possibility of getting and unlocking the Argent and Underworld's perspective on certain matters or places would always be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Loregoyle View Post
    I also have to give a shout-out to Jacob, one of our game designers who stepped in and helped out when the sheer volume of writing got a bit overwhelming.
    There's no such things like overwriting !

Anyway, since I'll create a Shin'Hare character, I'm curious to learn more about the runic ears. It intrigued me the first time I saw a card featuring one and I'm always on the watch for more lore about that mutation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Erukk View Post
    On a bit of an off topic, as the lore guy, is there a possibility in the future of the addition of a codex to hold all the lore bits?
    Yes. This is something we want to have in-game.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Loregoyle View Post
    Yes. This is something we want to have in-game.
    I'm dying to know. Do you plan on creating Legend backgrounds and we meet like Bun'jitsu or Cressida in Campaign?
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

I am a freedom lover, so I can guarantee right now that the number of choices that matter are too few... More choices! As for the rest, I can't see myself complaining, the lore is usually top notch.

Would you recommend we play the updated tutorial? I swear someone mentioned something about that (I thought Cory) and I got the feeling it was far different now.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I am a freedom lover, so I can guarantee right now that the number of choices that matter are too few... More choices! As for the rest, I can't see myself complaining, the lore is usually top notch.

Would you recommend we play the updated tutorial? I swear someone mentioned something about that (I thought Cory) and I got the feeling it was far different now.
    I just did it you beat the AI with a Tarrasque
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!