Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking Cards

That's what I was thinking, as well. Makes sense. They're all cheap cantrips, so it's pretty great.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that any cards that are added to your deck based on whatever talents you've selected are put there in addition to the normal 60 cards in your deck. You'll notice that all talent-based cards are cantrips for that very reason - so that they don't affect the overall % chance to draw a normal card from your deck (for the most part). You'll still build your 60 card deck in the deckbuilder, then every time you start a campaign match, that deck will have the appropriate cards added to it based on your talents. I'd be extremely surprised if it worked any other way than that.
    This somehow seems to contridect the fact the cantrips are added to collection. Hmm I donno how this'll work. Maybe like you said but when we buy it we get two in our collection?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    Their shardless so "They can be added to any deck" Any says out of class to me
    It just means that any deck will be able to make use of them because they are colorless and thus would not be stuck in the hand.

You can't use them except with the character that has the talent. The cards are created at the start of the match and added to the appropriate zone (deck or play). It's like the spirits created my ancestor's chosen. They most likely won't be in your collections.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

Hero of Adamanth
    Highly unlikely, Ozawa. A few points:

1) How do you determine if you get 2 or 4 added to your collection, given that you can change your deck at any time? If I unlock it while using a 60-card deck and then later run a 100-card deck, do I magically get 2 more in my collection? Therefore, it is waaay easier to just make 2 or 4 at the start of each match rather than adding them to your collection.

2) If they are added to your collection, how do you get a playset (besides always running 100-card decks)? They would award it for each alt character you run with the perk, right? But what if you delete that character? Did you also lose the cards? Probably not. That is very easy to exploit to make lots of class cards.

3) On a related note, how about the AH? They would have to make those cards account bound to prevent people from scheming. It would also be pretty silly to build a whole thematic system around classes if anybody could just go and buy the fancy class cards from the AH (for cheap, because they're easy to exploit).

So when you put all of that together, it is VERY likely that we will not get them added to our collections. We get them at the start of each match, and they disappear when the match is over.
    Greyhaven
    The Unnamed Council - Community Admin

High Tomb Lord
    Haha I'm just a bit slow so I'm quite curious how these'll work.
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

You will not get cards from talents in your collection. I don't know why you'd think that. Otherwise you could give OP high level mage talent cards to your level 1 warrior's deck. That's ridiculous, and doesn't fit the theme at all.

No, these cards will exist outside of your collection, they will only show up when you are playing a campaign match with a character who possesses the appropriate talents, and they'll be added to your deck automatically without you having any extra steps required. Whatever your talents are set to, those cards will be in your deck automatically.

There's no need to do it any other way - doing so would just add confusion and possible abuse to the mix.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

High Tomb Lord
    I never thought about that

Do you think we'd be able to EA these cantrips somehow?
    Last edited by WolfCrypt; 01-21-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

Like many have concluded, Class Talent Class Cards both do not count towards the 60 card limit nor do they appear in your collection. They populate your deck at the start of the game. As has been noted, careful consideration has been made during the design of these cards as far as how this mechanic can throw a monkey wrench into the way you've planned the consistency of your curve in certain places as well as your resource-to-non-resource ratios (hence the relatively cheap costs, card draw, etc.).

deleted
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.