Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hex Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizor View Post
    There are actually just two things i would like for this game.

1. The Option to use Equip when you play against friends on proving grounds (idk why this is not implented and noone mentioning it)
    Using Equipment is a part of PvE, as much as PvE cards. Just like PvE cards can be wild and overpowered because they do not break the tournament/PvP experience, equips can do the same thing to PvP cards.

I know. But why is there no Option to use Equip in Funmatches when both players agree to it? I would like to use my PVE Deck (even without the PVE Cards) against my friends and they would like to do the same.

I see no point why this option shouldn't be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizor View Post
    I know. But why is there no Option to use Equip in Funmatches when both players agree to it? I would like to use my PVE Deck (even without the PVE Cards) against my friends and they would like to do the same.

I see no point why this option shouldn't be in the game.
    It's a feature on the list. There was mention of potentially even doing tournaments like that in the past (though that wasn't guaranteed and could change).

It seems simple, but there is a bunch that would have to go into coding it. It's not as complex as adding a new system, but it's still development time. It would be cool if they add it soon, but they've got a lot on their plate still.

I just want sets to be released on a regular schedule. The current release schedule on sets is too slow to keep interest.

Any other features to be honest I am ambivalent about after PVE is released.

Those who want co-op gameplay, it sounded like it was going to take a while when that question was posed in the PC Gamer interview.
    Last edited by Kayas42; 01-25-2016 at 03:16 PM.

The biggest ones for me:

1) AH Overhaul. The current AH is one of the most unfriendly UIs I've used in my life(and I used computers back in the early 90s before the current user friendliness movement came about). It makes me want to ram my head into a wall.

2) Boss vetoes in Arena (Add more bosses, let us veto 2)

3) Restructuring of the game's reward systems. Right now free to play players are essentially locked out of some of the game's coolest features(the wheels of fate, opening packs, etc.). Now you may say 'great, that'll entice them to pay'... except it won't. Because you only entice someone to pay if they get a real taste of it every so often that whets their desire. The existence of packs/chests available through PvE(not necessarily the same size/quality as the paid ones, of course) would go a long way towards encouraging PvE players to invest in the game.
    Sadly, the devs have this twisted notion that giving ANYTHING away for free will completely destroy the value of everything... which real world companies have proven time and time again to not be the case. Samples, giveaways, etc. are huge drives for sales. But you don't drive sales by giving away something that is completely different from the product you're selling. You drive sales by giving away part of what you are selling.

4) Co-operative gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Seluhir View Post
    3) Restructuring of the game's reward systems. Right now free to play players are essentially locked out of some of the game's coolest features(the wheels of fate, opening packs, etc.). Now you may say 'great, that'll entice them to pay'... except it won't. Because you only entice someone to pay if they get a real taste of it every so often that whets their desire. The existence of packs/chests available through PvE(not necessarily the same size/quality as the paid ones, of course) would go a long way towards encouraging PvE players to invest in the game.
    Sadly, the devs have this twisted notion that giving ANYTHING away for free will completely destroy the value of everything... which real world companies have proven time and time again to not be the case. Samples, giveaways, etc. are huge drives for sales. But you don't drive sales by giving away something that is completely different from the product you're selling. You drive sales by giving away part of what you are selling.
    You're in luck!

http://en.hex.gameforge.com/news.html?p=5166

REWARDS GALORE!
    With over 100 new PvE Reward Cards (cards you can earn and put into your PvE decks) and nearly 200 brand new equipment, there will be plenty of loot for you to earn as you tackle the first Adventure Zone. There are any number of ways to earn rewards–you can earn cards from completing Quests, from Shroomkin Hauses, for achieving a side-objective during an encounter, or from a Dungeon Pack (five unique packs for five unique dungeons) or an Adventure Zone 1 Pack (given out throughout the Adventure Zone).

Both packs will always contain five total reward items, which will consist of some combination of equipment, PvE cards, Stardust, and a subset of PvP commons. Dungeon packs for the most part share a common loot table. Add to that six unique PvE cards and 9 unique equipment specific to each respective dungeon’s pack—including one legendary card and one legendary equipment which drop at a very low rate. That means the Fort Romor Dungeon Pack has different unique cards from the Usurper Dungeon Pack, but they also pull from the shared pool of cards. Adventure Zone packs pull from a much larger, completely shared loot table.

To speak to the common PvP cards, we wanted to be able to offer access to some basic building block commons (especially for players that are just starting out), and we don’t want to have double up on those simple designs—which would allow players to run what would functionally be 8x of a given effect (say, Kill) in their deck instead of 4. Because the vast majority of value in a PvP pack is relegated to the Rare/Legendary slot, we felt that offering a subset of the commons from our PvP sets to the campaign experience would not really affect the value of players’ collections.

One of the things I am really proud of the R&D team with is the amount of time spent on rewards in general—we spent a lot of time figuring out how much to give, how to give it, and on making fun and engaging designs that would pair well with the rest of the experience. We tried out a number of systems. Opening packs (you will get to open many throughout the campaign) is a core TCG experience and these packs created a fun little surprise. You won’t always be sure what event in the campaign is going to yield getting an Adventure Zone pack in your first time through, and that’s followed by the fun moment of busting open a pack of stuff and having a high range of possible outcomes. We’ve really tried to prioritize making rolling new characters and replaying the content a great experience. When you always knew exactly what you were going to get it felt drier and more predictable, and this goes a long way to keeping it fresh and awesome.

I read that.

It's an EXTREMELY small step in the right direction. But it's a step nonetheless.

If those packs have chests in them... and if they have an extremely low chance of less-common cards.... then they're making a big step. But as it sounds right now... it's at least enough to get them into the store. Which is a good start.

48 character slots. Probably not wise to admit how much I'd pay for it too...

Quote Originally Posted by wurtil View Post
    Yeah, I'm an unrepentant alt-aholic.

Quote Originally Posted by wurtil View Post
    That amount is definitely greater than $0 for me.