Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Question about PvE starter decks

I take it as "free first 2 PvE character starters" was incorrect info and Chark's clarification as the correct info.

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    Chark, how do the 200 free PvP cards jive with the free first 2 PvE character starters we've heard about? Are those just some PvE race/class specific cards to augment the free 200 PvP cards?
    I think what he's saying is that they are moving away from 2 free starters and going to giving you all the cards needed to start the campaign with any character. I think this is a smart move as some new player will want to experiment before picking the race/class they want to play as. It would drive away a number of players to find out they can't do that.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

High Tomb Lord
    I thought PVE decks had pve cards and some PVP are all eight decks PVP un/com?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

When Frost Arena release the economy quadrupled in size. It's going to be even larger this time and these 200 card are not going a large dent in that because f2p players are going to have turn those 200 rainbow cards into cohesive decks.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    No one stated the PVE decks had PVE cards. And if they are getting rid of the free PVP starters, it makes sense to make all the cards PVP so players with no interest in PVE have a start point for playing PVP.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    PVE appears not to have commons, so it would be a bit tricky making decks without any PVP cards.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    PVE appears not to have commons, so it would be a bit tricky making decks without any PVP cards.
    KingGaberial said there are a crap ton of commons in Camp that are PVE
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    There will probably be PvE commons out there, it's just that they are probably too boring to spoil and would fail to build hype, at least compared to the rares and legendaries (and the occasional uncommon).

High Tomb Lord
    You wanna see a PVE equivalent of Eulogist or something as badass as Uzme's Handmaiden?
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Just to clarify a couple of things spoiled by the press:

1. After the campaign is live, you'll receive around 200 free non-tradable PvP cards on account creation. These will be mostly commons and a few uncommons.
    2. These cards will build 8 PvE race starting decks and thus will cover any champion(s) you create for PvE. There's no real difference between the quality of the starting deck for champion 1 and champion 3.
    3. After the campaign is live you will no longer receive one of the 8 starter decks for free on account creation. You will still be able to purchase these decks from the store for 500 plat.
    4. Starter trials are going away. They were there to give a sense of some progression to new players and with the launch of campaign won't be needed any more.
    5. The equipment from starter trials is moved to the campaign. PvP cards from starter trials go back to dropping from packs.
    Are these free commons and uncommons going to those that made an account before the campaign launch too? (i recently talked a friend into getting ready for hex campaign and he made his account on Friday and picked coyotle, i helped him out with getting a human starter going too since coyotle wasn't quite fitting what he wanted.)